µTorrent MiniUI

Ultima

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a problem with the backend request failing... then well, it's a problem you'll have to take up with the µTServer devs. Either way, I don't see any reason this should fail on µTServer when WebUI works too. The only time getsettings fails is if you're not authenticated using the main WebUI account (using a guest account, or no account at all).

• 2 weeks later...

hii ultima

i found this mini webui very very usefull

but the problem is that i can only see two tabs "torrents" and "details"

i cant see any more tabs like settings ,add

i cant even pause or stop a torrent....

i tried this with google chrome ,opera 10, opera mini......

i have forwarded the port correctly and i am also login in as admin.....

and i am getting all control over the utorent on normal webui(its working fine) but not this

any solution???

• 2 months later...

Hi, I can access µTorrent MiniUI from mobile and computer, and also view all torrents in the client and see their progress. However, I cannot do anything else from it, i.e. start, stop, pause, remove, etc.

What am i missing? How do I do those?

You need to have a non-guest account. That, or if you're using a newer version of µTorrent (3.0), then you're hitting a bug in MiniUI's guest/full account detection... which I've fixed in my code forever ago, but neglected to release... I guess I'm going to need to get to that some time.

lol alright... alright. I guess I might as well. Given the amount of time that's passed since the last update (already more than a year!), the changelog may be underwhelming, but it's better than nothing. I would've liked to incorporate more things (perhaps some new 3.0-only features), but lack of time is an issue for me, as usual. Maybe another time.

Anywho...

2011-04-24

~ Change: Color-differentiated torrent statuses

~ Change: Decreased size of interface elements

~ Change: Hide progress bar for completed torrent jobs

~ Change: Slightly more robust handling of /gui/?action=getsettings

~ Change: Use decimal rather than percentage for ratio

* Fix: Labels containing certain HTML strings break label selection dropdowns

* Fix: MiniUI stops working if filtered torrent job label no longer exists

* Fix: Number rounding issues in various places

* Fix: Torrent jobs never shown as "Finished"

* Fix: uTorrent 3.0 compatibility

First post, as usual.

• 1 month later...

Hi ultima,

Your uTorrent MiniUI is indeed wonderfully designed. I liked it.

I would like to ask your permission to display your uTorrent MiniUI through a 'webbrowser control' in the next version of my desktop application (uTorrent Regulator).

I do not intend to modify anything in your miniui, so i guess this request may not have been necessary. :D But I really appreciate your work, so I thought I should ask you. :)

I do hope you would give a positive response.

Also I would like to ask whether you are going to release the updated miniui (to work fully with uTorrent 3.0) any time soon? Or is it going to take a long time?

Thanking you.

Jamy

I would like to ask your permission to display your uTorrent MiniUI through a 'webbrowser control' in the next version of my desktop application (uTorrent Regulator).

I do not intend to modify anything in your miniui, so i guess this request may not have been necessary.

No problem indeed.

Also I would like to ask whether you are going to release the updated miniui (to work fully with uTorrent 3.0) any time soon? Or is it going to take a long time?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=581168#p581168

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, recently tried using this with utorrent 3.1.2 build 26773, everythings working ok except when adding a torrent through miniui, utorrent crashes. Adding torrent with normal webui works ok. I don't like using default webui though as it takes about 5 full minutes to load - miniui loads quickly and is good for using on phone.

here is the crash dump created:

https://rapidshare.com/files/554034289/26773-utorrent.3a72.rar

Hope someone can help !

• 8 months later...

Suggestion:

When you chose sort by 'queue number' order 'ascending' you get the seeded torrents at the top before the downloads. I would suggest that the seeded torrents be displayed at the end of the list. This would be consistent with the main utorrent application and the default webui. Not to mention it is more informative to have the 1st torrent in the queue as the first item displayed in the list.

PS. Thank you for making this, it is much easier to use on my 5" tablet.

• 2 months later...
http://sites.google.com/site/ultimasites/files/utorrent-miniui.th.png

[h]Introduction[/h]

µTorrent MiniUI is a web interface for µTorrent's WebUI backend, designed with screens with limited horizontal real estate in mind. That means it is well suited for use in mobile web browsers (though that doesn't preclude any possible uses in desktop browsers).

[h]Supported Browsers[/h]

The following is a list of browsers µTorrent MiniUI has been tested against to some degree, at some point or other in its development, to ensure compatibility.

Desktop

* Google Chrome v4.0

* Microsoft Internet Explorer v8.0

* Mozilla Firefox v3.5

* Opera v10.0

Mobile

* Android Browser v2.0

* Apple Mobile Safari (iPhone, iPod Touch)

* BlackBerry Browser v4.6.0 (Javelin, Bold, Storm)

* Iris Browser v1.1

* kolbysoft Steel v0.1.7

* Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile (Windows Mobile v5.0)

* Mozilla Fennec v1.0

* Opera Mini v5.0

* Opera Mobile v10.0

* Palm webOS Browser v1.2 (Pre)

Can I ask a STUPID/DUMB question regarding this uTorrent MiniUI? As you mentioned above, you did say that it is compatible with Mobile browsers including Apple Mobile Safari (iPhone, iPod Touch). Does that mean I can use this with my iPhone via Safari? If so, how would I use it on the iPhone in Safari? Can I get torrents on my computer (which are completed), and through the uTorrent MiniUI, I can download them to my iPhone? I hope that your answer is positive, because this would solve allot of my problems. I would appreciate all and any comments. I thank you in advance! :cool:

• 1 month later...

As of today, the MiniUI is showing 0 torrents for me, it should be showing 19. It's worked fine up until today - I've tried restoring uTorrent from a backup made when it was working, but it hasn't helped. The default uTorrent webUI is still working fine.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Is there any way to make a default view, or minui to remember its last view type?

I ask because each time I open I have to go to options, select downloading (otherwise uploads appear first) and then Sort by: Queue Number.

I think there should either be a quicker way of doing this or it should remember your setting next time!

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any way to make a default view, or minui to remember its last view type?

I ask because each time I open I have to go to options, select downloading (otherwise uploads appear first) and then Sort by: Queue Number.

I think there should either be a quicker way of doing this or it should remember your setting next time!

You may need to open the zip file and modify the javascript code to start with different default options.

Wolf

• 3 weeks later...

after neglecting this many years ago figuring i didnt need it i had forgotten about it

but now im using my phone to view/add torrents this is great

is alot faster and easier to manage than the webUI i had been using for over a year now

havent tested it all yet but its showing what its meant to. hopefully no problems with adding them

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No, it actually wasn't ever released under an open-source license. Really nothing's technically stopping anyone from de-minimizing the code, but in an ideal world, I would actually open-source the thing. Maybe one day, when I've found a bit of time to clean stuff up. Still I'd imagine someone out there could probably whip up a better interface than I did, and in a shorter amount of time given the availability of quality JS frameworks available...

• 1 month later...

Archived