Loosing connection to internet

mazze

Hey everyone, my english is not the best but i hope you will understand my problem.

Everytime when i open my UTorrent the Programms runs about 1 minute and then any connection to the Internet got lost, until i restart my Computer.

What i did until now:

Read FAQ, Read Forum and searched about the Problem in google.

I found some similar problems but none of the answers that were given solved my problem.

Im using U torrent 1.6.1 on windows Vista.

I have a Speedport W900V Router.

I changed serveral settings under Options-> Perseferences

I disabled DHT

I disabled UPnP Portmapping

I decreased number of connections etc etc.

I patched my TCPIP.SYS

I opend the Port at the Router

i hope u have some tips for me...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: If you didn't see above, I suggested you get support for your version at the tracker since they're telling you to use that old deprecated version. I bet they even offer it for download off their site?

If they already have a policy outlining why they don't allow the year old 1.8 or two year old 1.7, then there's nothing to do. As far as if they don't, like moogly said... there are remote exploits specifically reported against that old version. So if they don't have a policy in place, try a PM, and then if that doesn't get anywhere maybe a forum/comment post on the matter.

1. here is the photo http://yfrog.com/77speedguidej

2. what u mean with communication of the tracker (sry my englsich...)

3. yes i read the link u marked as read me. i read the part slow connection or interruption and there i read every point espacially the settings part

And what i forgot to say.. i dont have any antivir software installed or any firewall active...

Thank you for the picture. Are you sure you upload @ 1 Mbit? In uT when you ARE seeding, it goes up to 90 continually before disconnect? I'd try changing the Ctrl-P > Bandwidth > Number of connections ... divide by 2. :/

As far as the tracker... did they allow the new version? Did you stop using it because they didn't allow the new version? Did they know that 1.6.1 is many years old and exploitable?

y i think its something with my vista.. i installed u torrents on a friends notebook (windows XP) with same settings and downloaded from my home.. everything worked fine... so any tips what to do now??

I have this problem too! on Vista (on XP it works fine)!

But I see - not all connections loose, for example Weather Gaget works and Windows update works... But browser can't open any internet page :(( After restarting it work.

mazze, are you using Internet Explorer 8? I think, some trouble with it... becouse before installing IE8 everything worked... But Firefox can't browse any page also... Maybe, installing IE8 configure some connection parameter?

P.S. Sorry, my english is not good ))

I browse with Firefox 3.. i have my Computer since 5 days and IE was already installed... i lowerd net.max_halfopen from 8 to 1 and still got the problem... as we figured out it must be something with my windows settings.. but dunno what...

Disable Resolve IPs...by right-clicking in PEERS window of an active torrent.

Reduce both global and per-torrent connections to 60 or less.

Disable Local Peer Discovery.

And if none of that helped, try the LAST section in the 1st link of my signature.

Probably I have solved this problem...

I look at "Computer management / Event Viewer / System" and see some events with yellow triangle... it was events of Windows Defender and they appear in same time then connection loosing... So I disable Windows Defender and problem not appear still... So I will observe further of my system to be convinced of correctness of my assumption...

mazze, did you have this events in Event Viewer?

I'm having the same problem, I have Win Vista and the latest version of uTorrent.

I have been able to use internet for several hours without problem, then as soon as I start using uTorrent I have about 2mins before all internet connections are cut off.

I have tried both with and without firewalls no change.

Had the same problem using latest versions of BitTorrent and Limewire before swiching to uTorrent.

Could it be a problem with my ISP, they have recently started tracking usage, and have started limiting connection speeds at peak times.

Archived