Official Thank You thread

silverfire

Very nice! I do a lot of music downloading, and the site I get most of my shows from officially outlawed BitComet which after weeks and weeks of tweaking, I finally got to work like I thought it should. So now I'm forced to use another client...

I started with the original client (it was first), then changed to BitTornado (better, but not by much), then to Azureus (slowed my computer down horribly), then to BitComet. It was by far the best with every torrent in the same window, all the options, my computer ran at normal speed (after weeks of tweaking), etc.

So now I hear this talk about µtorrent? I read that it's small (must mean hardly any features), that it's fast (they all say that), and it uses hardly any resources (yeah, right...). My biggest hang-up is that I'm going to have to spend more weeks tweaking the thing to get it to work correctly on my system like I had to with BitComet.

I find it (easy), install it (wow, it IS small), set the options like I know they should be set (easy as pie after all the BitComet tweaking), and BAM!!!!

The thing is WORKING! Each torrent is downloading like crazy. Speeds are as high as my bandwidth allows. Torrents are uploading correctly. Every option I can think of (or need) is here...

µtorrent RULES! I'm sold! Wonderful client! Hallelujah, and keep up the great work!!!

And btw, THANK YOU!

New to all this malarkey. been on a mac with os9.1 and a dial up connection for too long.

come down to the folks over xmas and with a pc with a b/b connection i is having fun!

it's weird, coz i tried a few proggies and dey just don't work! utorrent worked first time like a charm.

never crashed.

thanks for providing for free, it really is appreciated, especially when the code is this well designed/implemented.

hats off!

thanks again.

(now i'm off to learn technical terms like seed and leech and swarm. lol. not got a flubbing clue...

but i pick up pretty quickly.....been seeding like a b....sorry.....illegitimate son. Respectable ratios so far....)

keep up the good work!

the "refresh gui every..." option is fantastic - i remember not using some download managers just because of gui refreshing to often or just in a bad looking way... and i just love watching my torrents running :)

and of course i wouldn't be there if utorrent used as much memory as ABC or Azureus - that's great - you let participate in p2p also people with less RAM - and it cannot be underappreciated, thank you very much

When I first discoverd torrents I started using BitComet which I liked (good download speeds, many options). But then I started using Azureus because of Demonoid (a bittorrent site) which had problems with BitComet. After using Azureus download speed dropped (halved!) and my computer would freeze almost daily. So I decided to reinstall BitComet. But then I read bad reports about BitComet and rave reviews about µTorrent. So I thougt: let's try it and see. The results: twice the downloadspeed I had before, Windows did not freeze(been using it for six days). And it even resumed the downloads I was doing with Azureus. Setting up µTorrent is very easy and it gives the user a lot of options. The GUI is very intuïtive and all information is easy to find. And its for free!

TWO THUMBS UP!!

hello there. heard alot about this client. figured id give it a try. been doing the bt thing for a few years now and have tried many different clients. so far this client seems to be working fine. itll take a few days/weeks of continually throwing my usual tons o' music thru it, but i suspect it will be allgood. now if you guys can resolve that avatar upload issue, itd be perfect. lol jk thanks for what appears to be a wonderful addition to my bt client library.

A big Thank You! to all of you involved in the development of µTorrent and especially the latest version 1.4. It works just great for me =D Rock steady! Now I (finally) can work with other web based programs simultaneously without any problems. I have great dl/ul speeds and doesn´t even notice in performance that µTorrent is running... have to scroll way down in TM to find µTorrent activity. Not even 6 MB with 500kB/110kB dl/ul. :) Now I can relax and it feels like I no longer have to browse forums, FAQ´s etc in purpose to get things working properly. Imagine how much time you save for me... Using µTorrent will be great for my ratios... and not in the least... for my temper ;)

So, once again, Thank you, and keep up the good work! For me it´s µTorrent from now on. =D

Kindest regards!

µTorrent has been my favorite client since v1.0. However, there was something I liked more about BitComet, such as the "seed only" when adding a torrent, this made it handy when seeding on different trackers. µTorrent now supports this in 1.4, great work.

One of the real shining features to µTorrent would be having the ability to set upload slots for each torrent, and have it WORK! Some of you may or may not have noticed, but this feature was broken in BitComet!

I just wanted to say thank you for fully converting me to µTorrent! The client finally exceeds my standards and I have no intentions to go back to BitTornado or BitComet! :D

Excellent client fellah's.

Been following/using since v1.2 and its just got better and better with each new release.

There was things I liked with Azureus and there was things I hated, the same applies to BitComet. µtorrent is to me Azureus's and BitComets "good bits" combined.

Its took quite a bit of tampering and tweaking to get it just right. Having said that certainly no more than the lumbering giant that is Azureus.

Peeps having speed related probs or whatever simply need to configure µtorrent correctly. All the relavent imformation is on this site.

Pretty much tried all the avaliable clients and never thought I'd find summat to better BitVom......but I have.

Cannot be touched for stability imv. and such a small footprint.

Cheers fellah's as I said earlier an excellent bt client.

Archived