Official Thank You thread

silverfire

Thanks guys, Utorrent is simply the best.

I've posted on the site here and there really to find out if there was anyway for me to upload my torrent faster (30GB torrent, only seeder, 300+ peers, YIKES!) but after gaining some understanding of how Utorrent works, it's the best. I'm not real technically inclined when it comes to bit torrent protocol but one thing I'm thankful for is leech prevention. I noticed that once I properly setup my settings that Utorrent properly distributed an even 9kb to each peer instead of times when 1 per would be downloading 30kb and the others get the left overs (50kb max btw).

Anways, I could ramble on forever but Utorrent blows the blue frog and the flying rock out of the water. Thanks.

I've been using BitTornado for sometime. Nice program but not customisable like BitComet. BC was good with speeds of 80 kB, until it got capped at 30kB for some unknown reason. Worst off, I was using it for a week, wondering if it was the ISP, the seeds or my settings.

Just used uTorrent today and it blew me away. 90kB and counting on a 1MB line. Thanks guys.

I just downloaded uTorrent after using Azures for quite some time. Azures slowed down my computer and caused it to random restart. uTorrent is smaller, quicker, and provided for improved download speeds. I just wanted to give a shout out to all the uTorrent devs. You guys rock. Keep up the amazing work.

+1 uTorrent user

With a history of using bloated "file sharing" programs such as Kazaa, BitComet, etc... utorrent is shockingly light-weight. It's nice to be able to seed and leech in the background whilst getting on with the daily computer use, and being able to forget utorrent is even running.

*Raises a beer to ludde and utorrent's community*

Obviously my first post had to be here, thank you!

Utorrent is simply the best client out there for the common user, azureus was good but consumed far to much resources on the process.

Congratulations for this amazing success, I wish you where developing Vista lol :D

I started out with the basic BitTorrent client, but found it overall ineffective. I then switched to BitComet (and attempted Azureus once, deciding never to use again). Then I discovered that uTorrent can do everything BitComet can do and more in a smaller package, and downloaded it. One minor tech issue aside (which I'm addressing now), it works perfectly. Thank you for finally giving me the best Torrent client out there.

Wow! I have been downloading torrents for several years now. I have never been as pleased as I am RIGHT NOW!

I have been using bitcomet for a while now. My max download rate was about 50k combined. I just switched to utorrent and I transferred my 5 current downloads over and again....WOW! I am averaging 250k combined!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

One of the greatest things I got from you is that you have a speed link that showed me an easy way to port forward...successfully at that! I thought I had my ports forwarded correctly, but the past tutorials I used for confusing, and I don't think I had it right, but I obviously do now. I can't thank you enough for this great client! I will not stop talking about it to all my friends. utorrent is the best, hands down!

I have to say the stupid rumor mill is working overtime lately but I'll defend uTorrent to the death. I think it's a great client and if someone complains that they want it open source they just want to turn it into another cheat client. For me... I've been using it for months now and LOVE it. Firon has been very helpful on a particular problem I had and I can't say anthing more but "Keep Up The Good Work". Can't wait for 1.6 :)

Thaks Ludde that you made best torrent client, too bad that is not opensource but i dont care really. I used uTorrent to run my personal tracker with private files (softice is running all time then i had to unpack it to 440 kb). Wine compatibility is best too. Keep working Ludde.

Well, heres the dealio :P

At first I started using original BT. It didnt work so good. Then I moved on to BitTornado it was nice (but I wanted a way to select certain torrents in batches, plus only have 1 window). Then switched to BitComet because it had the features I liked, but made my computer and internet run slow. So I tried using azerus, which did the same exact thing.

I think I was looking at a list of clients back in..like november or earlier. And it said that it has low memory usage. So I checked it out. It was wierd at first because there was no installation. And pretty much played around with it.

Now, I know how to use it. It is really cool, very small program yet very helpful.

I LOVE THIS BT CLIENT!

I have used earlier versions and while I found them very useful, I wanted to try others also -- well, I'm back, and probably to stay.

I am hoping to configure uTorrent to shake off those annoying 'traffic shapers' that slow my downloads, and as I am well aware of their efforts, to keep them from invading my system.

They have been very diligent and I hope I have kept them at bay so far, but without watching your system closely virtually minute by minute, how can you be certain they are not gaining access?

I am looking forward to installing your stable version 1.5 and hope it will have the features I need.

Thank you for your innovative product. I intend to provide ongoing support for your enterprise.

Archived