• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Directrix, currently we are three people sharing an ADSL-connection:

- using one TorrentFlux-installation running on a dedicated WinXP-computer

- accessing it from both PC and Mac

- using multiple browsers: Safari, Firefox, Opera & IE

We would really like to participate in the WebUI beta testing!

i've been waiting for this for a long time. i stuck a couple of large hard drives in an old tower and use that for downloading files. right now i've just used a vnc client to manage it from my laptop, but a webui would make my life so much easier.

I would greatly appreciate the chance to test out the µTorrent WebUI. I am an avid firefox and irc user and also use IE through out the day on my Windows XP box, I also occasionaly use firefox and konquorer on linux and firefox and safari on Mac. µTorrent also runs basically every minuite my computer is on so i can throughly test the webUI. A webui would be awsome for help in managing my µTorrent seeds on my ocmputers throughout my house as it would keep me from running up and down stairs 20 million times :P.

thanks,

Mike

Main testing would be done from uni to my home comp running xp at home and at uni. Though IE7 beta at uni and firefox at home. Uni network requires student login permantly and another login to access net. Running router at home also Linksys WRT54G with hacked thibor firmware.

well I love Utorrent .. but omn my server (100MB) I use Flux .. but that uses bittornado .. alreday asked there if they can make it compateble with Utorrent.

So yeah would like to test this little power full monster on my server

with Opera FF , IE & maxthon ;-)

But can also test @home (20mb/1mb)

so hopefully I get the green light from you guys ;-)

I would like to be a beta tester. I work for Microsoft and run many intermittent builds of Internet Explorer 7, Windows Vista, and Windows Longhorn Server. I am familiar with testing concepts (functional, stress, performance, unit), and have filed many bugs on both closed source and open source software.

I currently add remote torrents via torrentflux, or by Remote Desktop into my laptop.

I also run many beta builds of Ubuntu Linux and maintain the wiki for my laptop https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/SonyVaioVGN-A190 . I feel I would be a good addition to your beta testers.

thanks

In case your quota of suitable candidates has not yet been met:

I reckon I'd be a suitable beta tester because I currently tap into 2 different pcs using VNC to manage my torrents, therefore twice the possibility of bug detection ;). Would be accessing the webui via Firefox 1.5.0.2, PortableFirefox 1.5.0.1, IE6, and possibly other browsers from many different locations (mainly uni and girlfriend's flat). Am lurking in the IRC channel 24/7 ...

Hi, I've been with µTorrent since it first went public, before then I had been jumping to-and-fro between azureus, bitcomet, -lord, -spirit, abc and what not...

have been using a VNC client to control my major downloading PC from the home and work PC, the 2 controlling pcs both use differrent OS's and different browsers with differrent security measures.

It would be very handy to have the webUI and beta test it, meaning that I would help get rid of bugs in this client, which IMHO is a fresh breeze to the torrent community.

Thankyou,

emporio91

I'd really like to help out the uTorrent development, so if there are still slots, sign me up for webui testing. I run XP, Slackware, and Ubuntu (XP/Ubuntu on my desktop, Slack on my server) so I can test stuff out on several different browsers. I'm a professional software engineer with lots of experience writing web applications and C++, so I have a pretty good understanding of what's going on with a feature like this. Just hope I can help.

I would love to join the beta. I currently run both off my home machine (which I remote into from work using VNC), and also have it running on a server at work (hey what else are servers for?).

I connect using Windows XP, another guy uses Linux and Vista (beta obviously), and the 3rd guy also uses XP. I use almost exclusively firefox though I also have IE 6 (and can and would use it a little for testing). The Linux guy is probably using firefox but I don't really know, and the final guy is in love with the new IE7 beta.

Thanks.

I can test on with the following Credemtials;

Connections:Dial-Up (14-56 w/ Speed Bosst), Braodband (DSL-Multiple Load Balanced T3s), GPRS

Browsers: Firefox 1.0.7-2.0Alpha, IE 6 and 7, MAxthon, Portable Firefox 1.0.7-2.0 Aplpha. Opera Mobile (Moto Razer and Pocket PC versions), Minimo (pocket PC Firefox)

OSs: Windows Mobile 2003, Windows 98-XP, Linux (kubuntu, Gentoo), Mac (Intel, PPC,) OSX/Windows XP

Processors: 333 Pentum2 -2.7 Penium 4 HT, Athlon 2500 Barton Mobile

Ram, Ranging from 128M SDRam to 1GB DDR400

I would be honored to help this project along, with whatever i can give.

*edit*

Not sure if this can help but i can also use Lynx (Windows and Linux) text based browser. (From PC and off of USB)

**edit2**

I was a beta-tester for ProfileSync and Portalog, over at PortableApps.com under the 'Name InvisoSniper' If you want some previous testing references.

Sory bout all the edits but i figured you wanted all this information that i forgot to put in the origional post. ;)

I would love to be a tester of this beta v. Have been waiting long for this version. I have a fast internet connection. I do really need and want this feature, so that I can control my torrents etc. at work and school. I will do all I can to debug and come with suggestions :-).

So I hope I can be one of the "lucky" testers.

I can test the new beta on my 100mbit connection at work(windows 2000, linux, freebsd - ie6,firefox,opera, konqueror and lynx) and 10mbit at home(windows xp - ie6 and firefox) and i could use the web interface to add or remove torrents without using ultravnc.

I have 4 pcs available to me and possible 2 more desktops + 2 laptops.

My first pc has WinXP Pro SP1 on a 15/2 fiber connection. It's been highly tweaked with different services and shell modifications. This is a AMD 2100+ 1.73 ghz 512mb ram system.

My second pc has WinXP Home SP2 on a 10/2 cable connection. It's probably my most 'normal' pc. This is also an AMD 2100+ 1.73 ghz 512 ram.

My third pc has WinXP Pro (no service packs) on a 10/2 cable connection. It's startup items are also highly tweaked. This, however, is quite an old system. It's a Pentium 400 Mhz with 128mb ram. Very useful for testing the webui on slower systems.

My fourth pc has Windows 2000 Pro (SP1) on a different 10/2 cable connection. Default services and startup items. Another old pc, an AMD 400 Mhz, 128mb ram.

I can test any browser you'd like, I have Internet Explorer 6 on all the pcs (might be 5 on the win2000 box) as well as Firefox 1.5.0.2 on the two amd 2100+'s. I've also got IE2 and Opera on my first pc.

I've only betatested about 20-30 things but I'd probably be able to help you well with the µTorrent webui. I'd say I know a decent amount about µTorrent and use almost every feature of it to some extent.

I'm also nuts about tweaking everything to the last gram so I usually find some bugs here and there. :)

Archived