"Sign Up" for WebUI beta testing

Directrix

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :D

I'd love to test uTorrent's WebUI because:

1.) I like uTorrent, it's exremely efficient in every sense of the word, not to mention FAST, and the only 'big' feature still missing is the webinterface. I guess I just got used to emule's webui, so now that i have to VNC in order to add/stop/monitor a torrent, i find it's quite a pain. So - i want to help, and i want you to help me by not having to use vnc anymore.

2.) Fat pipe, 24/7 (1+ MB/sec DL. That's megabytes, not megabits). And I'm willing to use it ;)

3.) I'd be using the webinterface almost exclusively, so if there's any bug or room for improvement, i guess i'll find it.

btw: Connencting to it through hamachi, if it makes any difference.

Joki.

Hey.. Im Herm from the IRC ;)

I would love to maybe try out this feature because:

*It sounds interesting

*I got a good internet connection

*I like µtorrent!

*I download i lot of stuff, and "love" to seed..

*I really need this feature..

-Herm

Hello,

I would like to help test the WebUI, and will be able to test it using various scenarios:

uTorrent is located on my home server, so I will more than likely use the WebUI as my primary way of using uTorrent.

I have my desktop computer, which has Firefox and IE 6.

I have my Powerbook, which has Safari.

I have my Dell Laptop, which has the IE7 beta and Opera and dual boots into Linux, so I can test Konqueror.

I would love to be a part of the testing. As to my contribution, I have a number of systems in-house as well as remote locations that will be used to access the WebUI. Multiple OSes, various connection types, and, well, I like to tinker with things... if someone is going to break things then it'll be me. :)

This new feature of µTorrent looks promising. Altough something similar has existed in Azureus it's nice that we can have a WebUI feature in a true Win32 client like µTorrent.

I can test it on Firefox and InternetExplorer, but I assume the HTML design is being tested to perfection on Firefox before tweaking it to look good in Internet Explorer as well.

I will try to give good feedback as I have some coding experience. I especially want to know what framework is being used for the HTTP daemon part of WebUI.

Currently I use Remote Desktop (or Terminal Services if you wish) to control my PC and checking µTorrent but the RDP connection is often slow as µTorrent eats up alot of the bandwidth when seeding and I got an asyncronous connection (3000/512kbps atm).

If there is going to be support for customizing the HTML pages generated by the WebUI part of µTorrent I will smile.

E-Mail: saivert@gmail.com (just spam me, I got GMail Spam protection).

Hi

I've been a long-time utorrent-fan an think I could be helpful with the testing of the new WebUI.

I can test the Beta on a Japanese WinXp with IE, firefox, and different versions of Opera.

Hope I can be of any help:-)

P.S I also got a 10Mbit broadband connection, and I'm online 24/7.

I would like to test the web interface too. I have 1MB "broadband" with IE and Firefox, but ALSO i use my AXIM x50 PDA to check whats going on in the world wirelessy. It would be cool to check my torrents from my backyard using PIE (Pocket IE) and Pocket Opera.

Thanks.

I use utorrent on my windows server and use it mostly using VNC. This does not work verry well on my PDA and its too much data on my network.

I would like trying the webui for easy access to my torrents with the browsers: minimo, firefox, konqueror, opera (for pocket pc), IE and lynx.

I would like trying using telnet (typing the get and post commands myself).

I'm also thinking about using php to get info from utorrent and display it in an other website (maybe using xml?).

I study Technical Informatics with major Information Systems Development.

i'd like to test web interface. i have 2 computers. and i am using remote control tools and web interfaces for a long time.

i am using bittorrent 7/24, and 30-40 torrents actively. so it will be a great chance to see if web interface can handle lots of torrents..

ps: sorry for the bad lang :)

1. Am Online 24/7

2. I got 6mbit ADSL

3. I have tested beta/alpha software before

4. I have 64bit version of Windows XP, so it whould be nice to test on 64bit Internet Explorer ^^ and XP x64 is built on top of Windows Server 2003 x64

;-)

I'd love to test.. Always downloading new Anime 24/7

*30mb/2mb (Advertised)

*Long time UTorrent user (Always use betas)

*Using Firefox/IE 7 (If needed..)

*Like to check my torrents at school while they download

Well thats about it, Hope I can help out ;)

Hello Directrix,

we live in an apartment-sharing community with 4 students - and one Win2k3-Server running everything we need. But now we need a torrent client...

We got numerous machines at our flat - a PowerBook, misc. Windows and a debian 3.0 and the will to push this project further (;

But the main reason is the possibility to connect from the university, there are mostly SunOS thin clients.

Is the line of any relevance? Should be something around 16m/800k, but I'd have to ask an admin for current facts.

Greets from Berlin/Germany,

Busta and mates

Hi there. I've two computers at home, one of them has µtorrent installed. I could test webui from the other computer (linux + firefox and konqueror) and also from my university (windowsxp, 2k with ie and firefox).

cya.

I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Not exactly a skilled beta-tester, but I know my way around a computer. And if anyone will succeed in crashing the WebUI, it would probably be me ;)

I run FireFox and will also try IE and Opera, like most others. I will run both a fixed LAN and W-Lan for the connection to the internet. I will most likely test the WebUI from school. Might run it from other location as well, given the chance.

Archived