Blue screen after running Utorrent.

Maelart

Good afternoon,

I just have a new laptop, and since I download and run Utorrent, I keep having bluescreens.

It goes as followed: I run Utorrent, I put an torrent to download and out of nowwhere, I get a blue screen.

It downloads for 1 or 2 procents, and then it crashes.

I have the following information:

It's a Levono G780.

My anti virus is Panda,

The specs that I have of the problems are:

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: BlueScreen

Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Landinstelling-id: 1043

Information about the problem:

BCCode: d1

BCP1: 0000000000000028

BCP2: 0000000000000002

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: FFFFF88001811B2D

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files who help discribing the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\071712-21621-01.dmp

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-90901-0.sysdata.xml

Could somebody help me? It is getting really annoying.

And yes, my English is not that good, but I hope you can still read it :)

I just had an other bluescreen.

But this one was planned so I could get the information I was looking for:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

*** STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X0000000000000028, X0X0000000000000002X0,0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF88001971B2D)

*** NETIO. SYS - ADDRESS FFFFF88001971B2D BASE AT FFFFF88001960000

DATESTAMP 4C79381

I don't profess to know anything about issues such as this, but I did do a google with what you put in and found someone who had the same sort of problem you have and BCP 1,2 and 3 are exactly the same as yours, it has this line in the dump file:

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1d )

Unsure whether the link will help, but DreadWingKnight will probably know, so might be worth waiting until he gets back to you. The link is below:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/211579-blue-screen-error-bccode-d1.html

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I don't profess to know anything about issues such as this, but I did do a google with what you put in and found someone who had the same sort of problem you have and BCP 1,2 and 3 are exactly the same as yours, it has this line in the dump file:

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1d )

Unsure whether the link will help, but DreadWingKnight will probably know, so might be worth waiting until he gets back to you. The link is below:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/211579-blue-screen-error-bccode-d1.html

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for your help!

I will wait for DreadWingKnight, but I appiciate your controbution! :)

Fully uninstalled Panda? Probably the network drivers then. Install all the WinUpdates that are automatically selected, then install the most up to date Chipset, Ethernet, and WLAN drivers you can find from Lenovo or directly from Broadcom/Atheros/Intel(?) and retest.

Hello Maelart,

Have you resolved this problem yet? I am having the same problem. Sometimes when I am downloading with uTorrent (3.1.3 build 27207) everything seems just fine and Bam! with no warning I am looking at a BSOD that seems to be very much like the ones you are seeing with the main 'message' of the Blue Screen being: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUA

Here is the contents of the most recent dump file:

Dump File : Mini072412-02.dmp

Crash Time : 7/24/2012 11:09:37 AM

Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code : 0x100000d1

Parameter 1 : 0x0000002c

Parameter 2 : 0x00000002

Parameter 3 : 0x00000001

Parameter 4 : 0xba6bfa8c

Caused By Driver : tcpip6.sys

Caused By Address : tcpip6.sys+23a8c

File Description : IPv6 driver

Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Company : Microsoft Corporation

File Version : 5.1.2600.5935 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.100211-1404)

Processor : 32-bit

Crash Address : tcpip6.sys+23a8c

Stack Address 1 : tcpip6.sys+252ed

Stack Address 2 : tcpip6.sys+21faa

Stack Address 3 : tcpip6.sys+36be

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072412-02.dmp

Processors Count : 1

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 2600

Dump File Size : 90,112

Does this look similar your dump files?

We have to find a way to fix this!!!

My PC is an HP Pavillion a1203W

512mb ddr mem

SiS 900 Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

I am running Windows XP SP3 5.1.2600.5935 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.100211-1404)

My security software consists of Avast! Free Anti-Virus (version: 7.0.1456.418)

I have NO software firewall installed or running...no, not even Windows Firewall...

I have Googled this problem and it all seems to revolve around 'tcpip6.sys' I am surprised that no one here at the uTorrent Forum has been able to help with this yet. I am even more surprised that they haven't been FLOODED with this problem....when I googled tcpip6 I got SO many results concerning utorrent, bittorrent and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUA

Please if you have found help elsewhere or here, please let me know!?!

Thanks,

Best of Luck!

John

I would suggest to any of you using the 3.1.3 version of utorrent to update to the latest 3.2 beta version as there have been quite a lot of issues with the 3.1.3 version that have been addressed in the 3.2 beta version. I would also ensure that all you critical windows updates are installed. I'm not saying this will fix the issue, but it's certainly worth a try.

Rafi, I have utorrent set to inform me when an update is available. The latest update I have is 3.2.1 beta version 27605, so did the beta come out before this, if so then I must have missed it.

Forget the above, the stable 3.2 is version 27568, the latest beta is 3.2.1 version 27605. So take your choice. As far as I can tell lately on the forum, beta and stable just appear to be terms. The 3.1.3 for instance was a stable version that, from all the problems related to it, should perhaps never have been classed as stable. The 3.2 versions in general have behaved far better according to the forums. So maybe choose the 3.2 stable, if it works fine for you then o.k. but if not then try the latest beta.

As far as I can tell lately on the forum, beta and stable just appear to be terms

Seems indeed that since version 3 STABLE is a totally meaningless word for you guys. We are in constant Alpha mode, without much of a strategy to define which are the key areas that need Stabilization and which ones are in the "research and Development " mode. From various chats I have the impression that the uTorrent community is getting somewhat fatalist with this situation. Makes many of us VERY unhappy.

STABLE is a totally meaningless word for you guys.

3.2 - almost never changes (== STABLE)

3.2.1 - have frequent updates/fixes, aimed to be next stable, with the effort seems to be focused on it (==beta)

3.3 - is experimental with a revised IO subsystem. Not much support now, and lower priority & less resources. (== alpha)

And if you ask me - 3.2.1 is not less stable than 3.2, which is a good thing.

And yes, some bugs will always be there... And some known issues needs to be resolved. As always... :)

Rafi, I and others know that beta's are updated fairly frequently, the problem with the 3.2 beta versions is that there were around 28 updates before it was finally deemed stable. uTorrent will always have issues that need addressing, so why don't they just bring a "stable" version out earlier? The first 3.2 beta version allowed people to view magnet link files in a window for selection before they were loaded into the program. If they had put this out as a stable version then it would have saved the constant emails from people that this wasn't available in the stable 3.1.3 version and thus saved people like DreadWingKnight having to constantly reply to people about this issue. I would go so far as to say that if a beta version is deemed better than a stable version then that beta version should be the new stable and support stopped for the previous versions.

trumpet, same advice to you. BSOD's are kernel mode bugs or hardware issues.

Hey, thanks for all the replies people. At first I thought nobody was going to reply to this post. However, how did this discussion about system crashes caused by uTorrent turn into a discussion of which version is Beta or Stable and whether or not 3.2 is actually stable ...etc.

I qouted you Ktsoran because first of all I don't know what a kernel mode bug is or what to do about it. Second as to this being a hardware issue...I don't think so. It has happened with the version of uTorrent I am running currently as well as with past versions. Also, yesterday I could not run uTorrent long enough to finish a download it just kept crashing Windows XP. Today however, it didn't crash once. Also, my NIC is a Sis 900 Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter and I have checked numerous times to make sure I have the most up to date drivers for it.

So.....what else could possibly be causing this CRASHING of XP SP3 that only happens while downloading something with uTorrent and only happens sometimes...not all the time

Thanks to all who have replied!!! Seriously! :D

John

Oh, I forgot to mention...the Dump files that have been created said:

Caused By Driver : tcpip6.sys

So, maybe this is a hardware issue after all...and it it is I apologize for suggesting that it wasn't!

Anyway, if this is indeed a hardware issue, or a software issue (because aren't drivers software?) how do I update my tcpip6.sys? Obviously I am NO computer expert....but Im sure I didn't have to say that!

I read some folks' answer to this problem was to disable the Windows tcpip6.sys.....is that something I should be trying to do? If so, how do I do that and then if I need to how do I undo that????

Lots of questions, huh? I know, but like I said, I'm kind of a newbie. Plus other Forums that help with PC problems WILL NOT help if the problem has anything to do with downloading torrent files or software like uTorrent, BitTorrent etc...

Thanks again everyone!!!

John

The first 3.2 beta version allowed people to view magnet link files in a window for selection before they were loaded into the program.

It was NOT stable, because there were like 100 other bugs in that dialogue (there are still some leftovers even now)... You forget... :P

Archived