3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, you think the numbers matter?...

In terms of appearance and acceptance.. HELL YES.

For example a tracker may block 3.4.1 and be testing 3.4.2, but since 3.4.2 never solidifies into a fully stable locked build it's basically a development build.

As such what gets reviewed today doesn't behave the same as tomorrow even though they have the same version number.. it started off with just advert changes and bug fixes

Now they're bloody well putting in optimizations and changes that should actually be in a 3.5 beta... I can't even begin to state how entirely retarded this is.

I know of no other software that works this way!

+1... Let me know your findings

LOL

Is anybody bored enough to go over rafi's list of know issues and check whether they're still issues? Maybe not all of them, but some of them were added years ago...

Why doesn't rafi update the help file from what he knows that have changed. Maybe Beasly is better at updating the help file, he seems to know more.

Yes, why don't I, indeed... with all new sections on how to handle/bypass all the stable bugs...   Anything else that I can do for you ?

Update the version number please. Hire programmers with experience.

Anyone using  Build 33646 and have any ffmpeg transcoding messages in the log? I'm not using the plus version.

I don't have a transcode or a preview directory.. What is it previewing exactly? I have almost 30 different avi's trying to be created apparently, but nothing exists on my drive.

To judge by the language resources, 33680 is a continuation of the branch, which started 32930.

-- 2014-08-10: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32930)
- Testing speed improvements

-- 2014-08-21: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 33145)
- internal structural changes to help find a crash

P.S.

Maybe I'm wrong ... :)

The smaller exe is packed with UPX...

All files are packed with UPX.

But ... You can compare!

3.4.2.33680:

nzlpYRR.jpg  ts6ToUa.jpg

And, for example, 3.4.2.33497:

9OLL7Io.jpg  ziOdHFD.jpg

As you can see, the size is increased due to the presence of "buns". ;)

Added

If these "buns" remove and re-pack file with UPX, we obtain:

GOuhk5w.jpg

But electronic signature, of course, will be lost.

@Rafi...

The longer you just go with the flow the longer the Dev team will be reluctant to fix the high and medium priorities whether it's on your list or not....We have more pull on here than you think!

You should however email or pm the Dev team your list and see if you get some sought of response from them. Blue in the face is not your color though!

The many promises the Dev teams make here are just baiting the hook to see who are hungry but in fact it's rotted bait to begin with!

With the beta 3.4.2.33680:

When I download any file, e.g. .txt or .exe, if I double click it within uTorrent, VLC media player always launches.

If I right-click on a downloaded file>open, it works correctly.

If I use the latest stable, .txt opens with notepad (and .exe run as they should).

Does anyone else see this?

(This also happens in 3.4.2.33646).

When I download any file, e.g. .txt or .exe, if I double click it within uTorrent, VLC media player always launches.

If I use the latest stable, .txt opens with notepad (and .exe run as they should).

Does anyone else see this?

(This also happens in 3.4.2.33646).

Yes.

I can't duplicate what you are experiencing in beta 33680 and .txt files open normally in notepad by a double click.

But I did notice after I updated to build 33680 there was a mysterious preview folder in the utorrent directory..I have since deleted the preview folder so not sure if there is any relevance.

Archived