3.4.x Beta

AdamK

I can guarantee you that I have done this before, using µtorrent itself without having to use BEncode Editor and it works fine.  Just go in Files tab and highlight all the files from the specific directory you're changing name (using shift + arrow down/up when you have multiple files for the same directory) then right click on the highlighted files, click on "Relocate..." and choose the new directory.  Repeat this process for as many directories you're changing name, force recheck and voilà.  As simple as that... ;)

I swear I've never even noticed that option before.. Sweet.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

feature content url

bundles pane

Anyone see a pattern here..Knock Knock Bitorrent Inc....The Qbittorrent team has come out with a major stable release 3.1.10 with lots of fulfilling fixes and additions in their changelog! You guys really should wake up...It's about time and the coffee has been percolating for many moons now!

so is bittorrent just utorrent rebranded ? i dont see any diffs... ? anyone?

The icon is different!..

Which is why I posted that I think eventually uTorrent will removed. uTorrent is now known as Bittorrent! The same client you're used to using just changed it's name!

I think only a matter of time, but perhaps the effort required in keeping uTorrent alive is minimal and they'll keep with it just for the name.. but I don't know.. lots of things

go through name changes and it's not like people can't understand that.. What if your uTorrent just auto updates to a Bittorrent? Anyone really going to care? That's how I'd do it...

Which is why I posted that I think eventually uTorrent will removed. uTorrent is now known as Bittorrent!

I don't think that will ever happen...Why would they when they are generating double the revenue....

BTW..Many people don't even know the 2 are just about the same client such as in coding, Bittorent Inc. employees, DWK aka Harold Feit, etc.

I don't think that will ever happen...Why would they when they are generating double the revenue....

BTW..Many people don't even know the 2 are just about the same client such as in coding, Bittorent Inc. employees, DWK aka Harold Feit, etc.

Which is why nobody is really going to care if one is discontinued in favour for the other, you client still looks and acts the same, just has a different name..

They'd still have "double the revenue" as you put it.. the amount of users they have is barely if anything going to change.. would you swap clients if they change the name?

Bitorrent now IS uTorrent.. the same changes are made in their builds.. everybody would just switch nothing to complain about over a name.. I wouldn't care.. It makes sense to me to do it,

but maybe they just like the uTorrent name enough to keep it going? Seems Bittorrent gets the priority judging from their forums to me.. not by much but still, it's obvious the first child is their loved one.

This was since the beginning of the "change" (December 2006 if I remember correctly) when uTorrent was bought by BitTorrent Inc.:

uTorrent is the developement branch, BitTorrent the commercial "rebrand".

F.e. the uTS (uTorrent Translation System) doesn't exist for BitTorrent - there is just the automatic exchange of the brand name ...

It was nice to work with ludde, later with Alus (from BT already), but since this time the world goes down ...

This was since the beginning of the "change" (December 2006 if I remember correctly) when uTorrent was bought by BitTorrent Inc.:

uTorrent is the developement branch, BitTorrent the commercial "rebrand".

F.e. the uTS (uTorrent Translation System) doesn't exist for BitTorrent - there is just the automatic exchange of the brand name ...

It was nice to work with ludde, later with Alus (from BT already), but since this time the world goes down ...

They release test builds for Bittorrent as well.. it's a few weeks behind but.. if they got their act together with that side of it.. they wouldn't need a bum client any more, which is all uTorrent really is.

Anyway, nice to see other trackers are gaining some popularity, Tixati, qBittorrent and Hadouken are all getting some some dev lovin'  uTorrent is just stuck it seems, shame.

rafi, i'm trying to follow your list of known issues but lately i'm failing cause there's so much stuff on there... sorting the list by date doesn't seem like an option so how about some differentiation at least? for instance, the most recent lines added/removed will be in different color - say, blue. then the next time you edit the list (remove fixed stuff or add new bugs) the blue lines will be made black again so that the new stuff can be blue and clearly visible.

well, no, dates are not important. altho, it'd be funny to see how many years some of those bugs have been on there... lol

my point is that i check the post, i see that u edited it yesterday but i have no idea what u added or removed since the previous edit (which i believe was about a month ago)

-- 2014-10-02: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 34594)
Build includes all fixes from latest stable
- update to previous beta 34330
- Bug fixes

-- 2014-10-02: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 34588)
Build includes all fixes from latest stable (34537)
- Fixed Remote not working
- Fixed issues where in some cases adding new RSS feeds are not displayed
- Fixed labels are being ordered in descending order

maybe i miss something but why the upgrade options are now greyed out?

They have disabled the auto update feature a while ago...

2014-07-31: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32717)

- Includes latest stable 32691

- Fix memory leak and possible hang

- Disable auto-update options for beta builds

@devs: there are 2 different beta builds 34588, both officially downloaded from/by uTorrent - with different sizes ... please avoid additional confusion to everybody.

1st downloaded from here: http://www.utorrent.com/intl/de/downloads/complete/os/win/track/beta (1.437.776 Bytes), see http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=84950963385267933973

2nd one I got by updating the stable build 34537 to beta build 34588 (1.433.936 Bytes), see http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=46236341468791798210

(filesize recognization on tinyupload variies to my TC filesize).

I found out a while back that the setup file you get in the updates folder is never exactely the same as the one you download/install from official website.  I think their packages comes double packed for their search/tool bar ad stuff and the one in the updates folder is the extraction result from this.

Did you install this one:

To verify if it inserts this one:

2nd one I got by updating the stable build 34537 to beta build 34588 (1.433.936 Bytes), see http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=46236341468791798210

(filesize recognization on tinyupload variies to my TC filesize).

Inside "%appdata%\utorrent\updates"?

@peeer: yes, the beta_2 is the same as in the updates folder.

The different in size of the builds is known - when the devs add the ad. But normally with ad the size is like 1.9MB and around 1.4MB without (see also the discussion here: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88339-34x-beta/page-61#entry493624).

I'm just wondering in the small difference in the version without ads, so there most be an additional difference which should indicate different builds (normally).

@peeer: yes, the beta_2 is the same as in the updates folder.

But I meant to ask if you verified when you installed beta_1 if you got the same beta_2 file you said you got by updating the stable build 34537 to beta build 34588 in your updates folder.  Make sure you clean all your updates folder before installing the beta_1 file if you want to check that the file you are looking for is the same as beta_2 and compare hash using an hash tool like hashtab.

Archived