Flags

eng

• 2 weeks later...

this flags.conf sucks does not work with ips does not have hostname .Better to disable Resolve ip in peer tab.

One thing more

also new hostname coming

which is ending with .arpa

i have seen three hostname which ends with .arpa

flags.conf only work with .com or .net only not with .arpa.Sometimes it resolves assign wrong flags with hostname

One ip was having hostname end with .ca.Obviously .ca means its canada ip.but it was netherlands ip.Because utorrent assign canada flag with .ca domain.

It will be better if its assign country flag with ip addresses. So these type of problems never occur.Resolve country flags is a incomplete feature.I have also read forums they are not going to implement this feature furthur.they are not interested too.So better to disable resolve ips.

Thanks for contribution for update flags.conf

So another request for the geoip database system.

yesss i dont know what you are talking about Resolve ips feature totally sucks in utorrent.In complete flags shown in peer tab.Either they should totally remove this feature or redesign this feature with country flag resolved by ip addresses not hostname.

Utorrent also implement two features which are useless

Related Tab

Whole Peer list

Edited by AUDI-A4

Update: http://www.should.keepfree.de/flags_by_eng.zip

But now I included all the US and other TLD's!

How to use / description: http://www.should.keepfree.de/Readme_FLAGS.html

I just want to thank you and all the flag hunters out there, it makes uT a little bit more understanding where you are getting your torrents from. It beats nothing at all!

I just have one dumb and stupid request. Is it possible, when you hover over the country flag, can you make it display what county it is? I'm not really that good with flags of the world, but it would make uT a little more informative.

As far as the other people complaining about the flag.bmp and flags.conf, if you don't like them, don't put them in your uT directory.

Thank You. :)

I just want to thank you and all the flag hunters out there' date=' it makes uT a little bit more understanding where you are getting your torrents from. It beats nothing at all!

I just have one dumb and stupid request. Is it possible, when you hover over the country flag, can you make it display what county it is? I'm not really that good with flags of the world, but it would make uT a little more informative.

As far as the other people complaining about the flag.bmp and flags.conf, if you don't like them, don't put them in your uT directory.

Thank You. :)[/quote']

i know you are pointing to my post.i am not complaining. i want this will be better.if flags.conf support ip addresses also for e.g 192.168.25.58|US.so the the unresolve ip will also have flags.

the thing you are talking about when you hover the country flag.it display the what country it is.it is not possible at this time

I just want to thank you and all the flag hunters out there' date=' it makes uT a little bit more understanding where you are getting your torrents from. It beats nothing at all!

Thank You. :)[/quote']

i know you are pointing to my post.i am not complaining. i want this will be better.if flags.conf support ip addresses also for e.g 192.168.25.58|US.so the the unresolve ip will also have flags.

Are you talking about undocumented/unresolve ips? If you are, then there's a special flag (with a ? on it) that shows up and it's up to the "flag hunters" to find out what country the IP is located. The flags.conf & flags.bmp only apply to .net and .com right now. Personally, I think that they are doing a good job. I sure don't have the time to do it, do you?

You have to understand, as the months and years go by, the IP address e.g. 192.168.25.58 are constantly changing, especially if they have a Dynamic IP address. That would be almost insane to keep track of ALL the IP addresses. Remember, this is ALL VOLUNTEER work (just like µTorrent), and not too many people know how to track unresolved IP addresses.

You could have suggested that they could do it a different way, or to include IP addresses e.g. 192.168.25.58, but if you're not a programmer/script writer of some sort, just take what they give you. All I'm concerned about is making µTorrent more stable with possibly some new features along with keeping the application size small.

the thing you are talking about when you hover the country flag.it display the what country it is.it is not possible at this time

I don't see how hard it would be because the county code is in the flags.conf file. Then again, I'm not a programmer, so I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...