Superseed really has got to improve.

deeppal

Have tried superseeding many torrents on different trackers and all with peers more than 20 or so.

I expect speeds to be much lower when superseed is turned on but many times the speeds are pathetic.

Azureus and bittornado superseed give me much better speeds.

Something has gotta be done abt superseed. Dont want to use any other client besides this

Thx for hearing me out :)

Errr what i meant abt azureus and bittornado giving me better speeds, is that when i superseeded on those clients, I was able to achieve better upload speeds.

I really thought my above para was Oxford standard haha! Wait till i write in lingos

PS. Dont worry, i aint no noob

Ok now this is strange.

I have set my number of upload slots per torrent in global settings to 8.

When I try to superseed, I enable the superseed option on that torrent and leave the number of upload slots as default. The speeds are really really bad compared to other clients.

But when I enable the option to have 8 uploads slots for that torrent by right clicking the torrent file instead of leaving at default, the speeds rocket.

Hmmmmm why ?

Think it's a bug. I have similiar issues and even open up a THREAD about it.

I think it could use a lot more work. The speed fluctuate like crazy, the upload stopped for 5-20 seconds at a regular interval and not to mention that i have to upload 30 percent more data than necessary. Even with 50kB/s dedicated to uploading i have only manage to get 50MB-70MB every hour.

There's one torrent in which i have to super-seed for twice the size!

Are you using 1.2? Because I can't even get Super-seeding to work in 1.2. It SAYS Super-seeding, but it still uploads just like a normal client. It uploaded 8GB before getting out a full copy of a 4.3GB torrent. I had to switch back to 1.1.7.2 to get a working super-seeding mode.

Yeah, I confirm that superseed has pathetic upload speeds. Just now I was regular-seeding to two people and maxing my upload limit (me being the only seed). When I switched to superseeding, I don't think I even topped 3Kb/s. After a few minutes of this, I switched back to regular seeding, and upload speeds went back up.

hmm, ive been using the superseed function for a bit now.

I dont know if its broken, with me it takes around 10 leechers connected before the speed starts to shoot up nicely.

for the first few, its painfully slow, i will upload a bit, then it wont do a thing for a while. If you can sit through that till a few more folk have connected, then things pick up nicely. the speeds are erratic though, but i always thought this was due to the nature of super seeding, i didnt find it too much different when i switched the torrent to AZ super seed mode.

Archived