Missing Flags

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Marino flag is missing... (http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/SAMA0001.GIF)

(I know it's weird but I found a peer from San Marino!)

Also...

rima-tde.com is a Spanish ISP

auna.net is a Spanish ISP

fastres.net is an Italian ISP

... however if an IPS country list is not available, It wouldn't be an impossible mission to associate each ISP to the right country...

What about some special flags for .edu and .org??

Are they already set?

It's still showing some of the swedish isp's to be american.

These are the ones I've noticed this far:

*.glocalnet.net

*.bredband.scanova.net

*.velocitytech.net

*.soderhamn-net.com

*.se.borderlight.net

*.siw.siwnet.net

*.ornskoldsvik.com

*.skekraft.net

*.gavlenet.com

So if you nice devs have any plans of adding these to the list of swedish isp's, I'm glad to have helped.. :D

It is *bredband.skanova.com

and *bredband.skanova.net

There's plenty of free DNS services which use routing data and whois lists to accurately report back the country of an IP. One of them is http://www.blackholes.us/. Replacing the current peer name query with this kind would be trivial job.

Good Idea!

Hey all,

The ones below are the additional ones I found that were missing. I'm sure there are more, so if I may, I suggest doing the following, if possible of course. I know the flags are not accurate or important, but still, it's good manners to include all the countries with their correct flag, otherwise it's not fair:

· Copy all the known top-level domain names from Wikipedia and assign those countries their respective flags. I don't know how you code the software (I'm not a programmer), but it could go something like:

if { .ac, assign_flag_Ascension Island.png }
if { .ad, assign_flag_Andorra.png }
if { .ae , assign_flag_United_Arab_Emirates.png }

etc. etc. etc.

· The ones that have numerical IP's maybe could be left without flag;

· And the ones that end in .aero/.biz/.cat/.com/.coop/.edu/.gov/.info/.int/.mil/.museum/.name/.net/.org/.pro/.travel/.xxx etc. maybe could be assigned a "World" flag, let's say the U.N.'s flag or some other official world body organization, for instance the very nice Olympic Flag or Earth's flag. Or don't assign those domains with any flag at all...that's up to you to decide. :)

else { .* (perhaps the domain names should be specified individually - not sure about this), assign_flag_World.png }

Ones that are missing, for sure:

.pt

torrentflagbug40ss.th.png

.nu

torrentflagbug51gh.th.png

.ac

torrentflagbug61od.th.png

.cz

torrentflagbug76os.th.png

.hr

torrentflagbug89zi.png

.si

torrentflagbug91xl.th.png

.gt

torrentflagbug105om.th.png

Could someone add the missing flags to that?

I found some decent looking flags at 16x16 but a few (4) .tlds are missing. The ones missing in case anyone wants to make them are .eu .md .su .tf

I'll post the .bmp tomorrow after I finish putting all the flags in it.

There's also several .tlds that don't have flags or are regions of another country, but they have logos: .gf .gp .re

Just sent them to ludde, hopefully he likes them. Went from the current 88 to 232 spaces :shock:

TLDs missing are .eu (.gf .gp .re - possibly replaced by .fr) .md .ps .su .tf

Here's a PNG if someone wants to design the missing ones, I'm pooped.

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/971/flags4qj.png (3712px wide so not very browser friendly)

Just sent them to ludde, hopefully he likes them. Went from the current 88 to 232 spaces :shock:

TLDs missing are .eu (.gf .gp .re - possibly replaced by .fr) .md .ps .su .tf

Here's a PNG if someone wants to design the missing ones, I'm pooped.

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/971/flags4qj.png (3712px wide so not very browser friendly)

Good stuff :D

Could someone add the missing flags to that?

I found some decent looking flags at 16x16 but a few (4) .tlds are missing. The ones missing in case anyone wants to make them are .eu .md .su .tf

There's also several .tlds that don't have flags or are regions of another country, but they have logos: .gf .gp .re

Thank you eng great job. Im glad you took the time to do this. It will help tremendously im sure :D .

Archived