Slow browsing + NOD32 fixed

doogal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if anyone using ESET NOD32 4.2 Antivirus (Smart Security should have this as well)

i believe the option is moved to

Setup -> Antivirus and Antispyware -> Web Access Protection -> Configure ->

Antivirus and antispyware -> Protocol Filtering -> Excluded applications

find utorrent.exe and check it. i believe this gives the same effect. haven't had any browser lag so far

Thanks mc711, I second your post.

I'm running Win2k8 Server R2 with 64-bit NOD32 4.2.35.0. I was just going to post identical instructions about the location, within NOD32, to exclude applications. Since I excluded uTorrent from NOD32, my bandwidth utilization in uTorrent is much better and the crippling lag in Firefox is gone.

It really doesn't make any sense to monitor uTorrent traffic through NOD32 as real-time file system monitoring is configured anyway; it's just an unnecessary application bottleneck. If you don't understand all of this, it just means that downloads will be scanned on the disk and not on the fly via protocol monitoring.

Now, if I could just get a fatter pipe...

I'm new. Windows XP SP3 behind Netgear WGR614 v7, real-time antimalware Prevx 3.0.1.65, NOD32 3.0.695.0 and I'm shopping for a BitTorrent client.

Given that I'm post 129 on a thread about people dialing in their uTorrent/NOD32 settings, does it make more sense for me to simply opt for a different client (I'm staying with eset). Or, is it as simple as opening NOD32: Setup > Antivirus and antispyware > WAP configure > HTTP > exclude uTorrent.exe?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

you guys are talking about slow downs. but can ESET in addition to µTorrent also cause other connections to drop? I'm running mIRC and when I run µTorrent my IRC connections keep dropping out with the error message "[10053] Software caused connection abort".

I however did not have this issue when I used Deluge.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried almost everything suggested in here, but i still have the problem.

I'm running Windows 7 with NOD32 4.2.42.0. When using older version like 1.8.2 or 1.8.5, there's no problem with the browsing at all, but when I try the most recent releases like 2.2 it's all going to hell. I'm not sure that the problem is nod32, it seems like utorrent itself to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Slow browsing with uTorrent 2.2 and ESET Smart Security 4

This fixed the problem for me:

ESET Smart Security 4:

HTTP, HTTPS -> Web browsers

Exclude the uTorrent.exe from content filtering.

Now I can browse as normally while uTorrent is running.

/B

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I have the same problem as bytefreak. I'm runnind Win 7 64-bit, uTorrent 2.2.1. Internet browsing is slow and sometimes my comp even disconnects completely from the internet (the icon changes in the tray, showing that there is a problem). I've been using uTorrent 1.8.5 since recently and was happy with it. But a bug occured with that version: it didn't start downloading, i had to restart the program for each downloading to begin. Now I tried to fix Smart Security for uTorrent 2.2.1, but nothing helps.

So, maybe someone knows, how to fix 1.8.5, 'couse that version was ok for me. But restarting it each time is pain in the neck. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
if anyone using ESET NOD32 4.2 Antivirus (Smart Security should have this as well)

i believe the option is moved to

Antivirus and antispyware -> Protocol Filtering -> Excluded applications

find utorrent.exe and check it. i believe this gives the same effect. haven't had any browser lag so far

Hi!

I've have tried this and other stuff from the faq's and i've read everything i can get my hands on, still i have to stop my uTorrent when i want to browse the web using explorer or as in my case Firefox. It's SO slow and fails to load my webpages that i will soon kill my self if i can't solve this. :) It does not matter if i shut off my firewall (windows 7 Ultimate) and turn off Nod32 V4.x it still slows down my Firefox browsing...

PLEASE how can i fix this?

I tried almost everything suggested in here, but i still have the problem.

I'm running Windows 7 with NOD32 4.2.42.0. When using older version like 1.8.2 or 1.8.5, there's no problem with the browsing at all, but when I try the most recent releases like 2.2 it's all going to hell. I'm not sure that the problem is nod32, it seems like utorrent itself to me.

Thanks, went back to 1.8.4 since i did not find 1.8.5 on my computer and now my problems are gone.

Where can i find 1.8.5, someone?

ToddeSwe

Archived