Red torrent status icon with utorrent 1.8

TG

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I have all ready written down in start of this post it has nothing to do ESTNOD! (there was nothing written down to think that it was est nod)

It actually is starting to annoy me that the ESTNOD issue that has been well identified in other posts and other ppl should know if they want help with the estnod issue they should go to the appropriate post which is well signed out.

This issue is different to that, OK

It seems this topic has just wondered off course!

All i have to conclude that is that TCPIP.sys and the net.max half open are related in how many connection it receives ect and the zonealarm comments are just personal opinions not actually to do with the actual issue obviously.

Thanks to the people that helped out with the issue. At the moment i haven't had any trouble after following what ppl have been saying to do.

But who knows what may happen i may need to come back here.

Thanks again

If it were truly 1.8 we would have a 100% user base complaint list.

I disagree, respectfully. I would be surprised if 10% of those who have this problem would ever complain. If files are uploading and downloading - mainly downloading, who cares what icon shows up?

People who post are by and large those who care about the project's development.

The solution to this problem seems to be "If it turns green once, then don't worry". Fair enough.

Funnily enough, most people still on 2.7 are on it because they pirated it...

Every version and build back to uTorrent 1.1.4 is on filehippo...

mu_user

I'm another Utorrent user who is having problems after upgrading to version 1.8. I've been using version 1.7.7. for ages with no problem at all, but now after upgrading to version 1.8 all my trackers show as "offline (timed out)".Could someone please explain what is the solution to the problem. Is it to go back to version 1.7.7. (which worked fine) or to alter the settings in NOD32? Any advice most appreciated.

Thank you Dreadwingknight and Ultima for your quick replies. I have followed your advice and tried first adding Utorrent to the IMON exclusions list and now have actually disabled IMON. However, after rebooting, my trackers are still showing as "offline (timed out)", with the red arrow showing by the torrent. I have not changed any settings from how they were in Utorrent version 1.7.7. which were all the recommended ones and which all worked fine.

What now?

I have the same problem I have zero up/down load for the pass 48 hrs. can you help?

my htj as follows

thanks

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 5:37:49 PM, on 8/20/2008

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Scriptcl.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [shStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee Task Manager (McTaskManager) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe

--

End of file - 2111 bytes

Archived