The µPack

fluxiontech

@fluxiontech: sorry but i dwldd your pack (i like what you've done btw), i checked it with my AV, and guess what? it found a spyware or malware(not sure) inside! (Adware.Win32.EShoper.a)

i don't mean you did this intentionally at all!!!, i just found important to point this out, the zip file is clean though...

@fluxiontech: sorry but i dwldd your pack (i like what you've done btw), i checked it with my AV, and guess what? it found a spyware or malware(not sure) inside! (Adware.Win32.EShoper.a)

i don't mean you did this intentionally at all!!!, i just found important to point this out, the zip file is clean though...

huh?

I have no idea man, I say use the zip file then. Might just be a software problem.

The toolbar seems like a mixed bag... literally. You have stuff ranging from Windows icons to Azureus icons to whatever else there is there. The quality, thus, becomes mixed, and doesn't have a consistent look/feel to it. Nice try though =]

Also, not to slam you or anything, but I compared your file icon with FOOOD's and the one that jibba posted, and I have to say that the shadow gradients below the flap look suspiciously identical to FOOOD's. In fact, it's exactly the same. I flipped between yours and the one jibba posted, and then did the same thing between yours and FOOOD's, and I'm sure you can guess what I found based on what I said above... Heck, it's not only the shadow that's the same, the entire flap is the same. Are you sure it's not a rip?

Anyone can try the test themselves... I opened each image (yours, the one posted by FOOOD, and the one posted by jibba) in MS Paint, zoomed into the top right hand corners of the icons at 8x zoom, layed each window on top of each other and aligning them as best I could, then Alt-Tabbed between each one.

My 9 year old son can do that kind of rip-offs, at least give a due credit to people who did original art. This kind of things shouldn't even happen at the first place. Who cares if you're talented in ripping if you can't even credit people whom you ripped-off... show some skills in your own art or at least do the mod and give due credit. Else don't bother to post stuff like this.

No need to arange 3 mspain(t) windows, just import all 3 images layered in Phostoshop...clear as a sunny day.

lol I don't have Photoshop, unfortunately. In fact, I don't do too much (if any) image editing, so the only "editor" I have installed is MS Paint =P

@Gooey: You don't really have to keep repeating "Rip!" unless you have something at least somewhat new to say xP

I'd like to know why there's a white outline around the µ..it'd look much better without it

but um, I'm not too sure it's a rip. the blank filetype icon can be found on numerous sites. it's a general template.

as for the black and green logo, anyone can make something like that on their own. it's a black circle, with a µ typed in the center. lol, filetype icons can only be so creative.

in any case, I don't like the bold font he's using, so I'm using foood's icon. give me a minute and I'll show you my mod..

edit:

utft6qk.jpg

ok, so I'm not really using this icon, but you might get my point. if I really wanted to, I'd go to the crystalxp forums, learn how to do the glass effect, and make my own black orb.

and I'd use the template jibba posted.

I guess then I'd be a ripper too..?

@anoxan: You're not getting the point. If you actually compared each image closely, as in zooming in and comparing general pixel coloring and gradients (you can't compare perfectly since JPEG compression and whatnot might have created data loss), you'd see that fluxiontech's image is more-or-less FOOOD's, give-or-take some very minor differences in shading due to JPEG compression. If you compare FOOOD's with the template jibba posted, you can immediately notice the difference.

hm..

after putting in the effort in photoshop, you are right ultima, they match too well. my mistake :P

sorry flux. I tried to help, but the evidence does go against you..

if you're gonna take icons from other sources, you really should give credit to said sources

lol I don't have Photoshop, unfortunately. In fact, I don't do too much (if any) image editing, so the only "editor" I have installed is MS Paint =P

@Gooey: You don't really have to keep repeating "Rip!" unless you have something at least somewhat new to say xP

Sorry xD. I'll try not to be so forward next time :D

Archived