Prompt to save in different location

Koesherbacon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

+1. This is was the reason for me to register this forum.

We need to be able to set up the download location individually for each download! Otherwise the software is (at least for me) just useless.

Keep up with great work, just this fix and I could switch back to the BT-client I got so used to during the past five years in Windows.... :)

i also registered just to say how dissapointed i was to find such an obvious and meager little option not readyly available, not even in a beta. it seems like common sense that most people would save different files in diffrent locations, i mean jeeze how the hell would anyone keep anything organized. I finally update to Leopard to start using Utorrent cause i was sick of Transmission for its every file in one window type deal i cant take, but now i'm sad because i'll have to keep using Transmission until Utorrent is fixed or updated with this crucial option to any downloader. please fix asap! thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is on the to do list. I encourage everyone to also register your requests on our new http://www.utorrent.com/ideabank page. We are hoping that the voting system there will make it easier to quantify things than the +1's in the forum. There's overlap for sure, but the forum can serve as a place for elaboration and debate, and the ideabank can surface ideas to a broader cross section of users.

What's more easy than looking in this subforum and seeing which topic has most replies? The ideabank is pretty inaccesible to your average n00b user and it doesn't really have a distinct mac version. You really have to stumble on the right idea randomly.

To proof my point: http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-general/suggestions/749822-mac-prompt-to-save-in-different-location?ref=title

You closed it because it was duplicate and told me to search before i submit, but i did search for it before, i searched for "MAC" and as you can see if you search for "MAC" yourself, you won't find either mine or the earlier bug report, even though they both have the word "MAC" in the title.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't understand why this feature is still being ignored. i gather you've now added the ability to create torrents, but haven't taken the time to add a quick dialog to ask where to download to. i don't think this bears any relation to the priorities of the user.

i'm still hoping to give utorrent a proper try one day when all the basics like this are in place, but i couldn't use it now.

It's not really being ignored, it's just being put off until a later release. Create New Torrent has been done in the code for a -very- long time, so that's why it's in 1.0 (it just hadn't been tested until now) and this feature isn't.

Well hippy dave, I hope you will not mind me quoting you there... I created a new idea because I could not find any that were already calling for this mac feature to be added now I wonder how can feedback be gathered and added so that it moves up in rank... maybe all those users who would like to see that feature implemented may voice their opinion there, so here is the link to that:

http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/815889-prompt-for-download-folder-select-which-files-in-?ref=title

This is getting ridiculous...after 1 year and a half of development this feature who is about the most basic thing needed on BT client is still absent.

I mean sure I can understand that RSS or any others special features are not a priority for the beta version....but how the ability to chose a folder for each downloads could not be one ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

so another version and still no save as dialogue box, despite promises in the ideabank that it would be in the new version. HOW HARD IS IT TO ADD A STANDARD-OS-X SAVE-AS-DIALOGUE BOX? This is the most basic feature, the easiest to implement and the most requested. Still you have not found a way to implement it for 2 years. Is utorrent mac dead software? this is like flogging a dead horse..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived