µTorrent Translation System beta [translators look here]

MaV

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1+ DeathPilot

But it would be very useful, if (like ettpok, me, andreidaniel, DeathPilot, ...) said:

Please make it possible, to make translations for last betas!

If (in next future) there comes a new stable version (1.6 or something, perhaps with webui?), the translators have a lot to do, since changes from build 437 (1.5 stable) to build 462 now are A LOT !!!.

I've translated the new 463 build but it's giving me some errors (no problem with manual translation) and I think it has to do with the insertion/edit query: It's eating the \r\n characters converting them to hard line breaks. If I put \\r\\n in one or more textfields of the strings edit form and submit, the strings are saving with "\r\n" (losing a "\" in the process) inside but if I resubmit the form with the proper format of "\r\n" or just click again submit without any edit the strings are cleared of "\r\n" that are converted to hard line breaks screwing all up... Oh and if I use and " ' " (apostrophe) it's converted to " \' ".

I really think something it's not right within the insertion/modify procedure... can somebody check it please? ^^'

Thanks ^^

I've tried again Firon: "\r\n" is getting converted to hard breaks then if I resubmit again without touching anything, they (the breaks) got eaten up :(

EDIT:

Found something strange... from the version diff form, the "ADDPRE_NODISK" string (it's on page 6) doesn't save on submit.

Just made the same. Upload of my fully working txt-file, got no errors, 100% translated!

But downloading the translation from µTS and run with 463, I got a lot of errors ...

DeathPilot, did you test downloading of your translation for build 463 and run with build 463?

Of course Schnurlos and worked perfectly but, I didn't upload the full translation... I copied the strings from my manual translated 463 txt into the form. If I remember correctly, long time ago Mav said that the full upload procedure should be used only for the first, primary translation, so I never used again that feature... :/

Maybe the encoding of the text file you uploaded was wrong? Try to resubmit all the translation page by page from the translation interface or reupload the file with a different encoding.

If you saved the file in UTF-8 try resaving in Unicode or the other way around.

Thx, I'll try.

Yes, I did upload the whole file ... :/ I hoped it will work ...

EDIT: I checked all 37 pages, editing a lot of strings, redownload, test, edit again, ... but now it works, thx Firon for it, thx DeathPilot for your help!

@ Firon

Although all changes I had made to update 463 were lost earlier today, a subsequent full update via file upload worked flawlessly later on.

Good work!

Note 1:

In the "Add new torrent" panel, can you make the "Label:" (field label ) 3 or 4 spaces wider? Either by shifting the alignment slightly to the left or reducing the width of the label data field itself. Currently, the translated word "Étiquette:" is truncated. It lacks 3 spaces. I'm sure that other languages encounter the same problem.

Note 2:

The strings below are still missing from v.363 : (some belong to the new Disk Statistics section)

Amount

Avg Size

Rate

Unknown torrent

D:

U:

kB / s

Cheers! :)

@ Firon

After updating the first time, everything seemed ok. I diffed the µTS file and it matched my local version 100%.

Following your message #275, I downloaded a new version from µTS to make sure the update had been saved properly.

Oh horror! 24 old strings were back. So I made 24 news changes by hand and downloaded again from µTS. The µTS version currently matches my local version again. But the question is: will these new changes last this time? :/

Please note that Notes 1 & 2 of my message #274 still apply.

Hi dasq

Tonight Firon and I made some tests with modified µTS uploading system. There were some good changes, but not all is working 100%. It seems, that now text with and without "\r\n" come up OK, but not all ...

So fully uploading of a 100% translated textfile still is no good choice.

Please make it like MaV posted earlier:

Only edit new text with copy/paste from your translation, so no old text comes back!

Don't upload complete textfile, if there is one in µTS!

Archived