new UI is UGLY!

XmDXtReMeK

Sorry to add to a 'me too' list, but honestly, the changed UI. Could you please re-release the version with an update, including TWO skin options, so we can, using a drop down list, switch back to the classic? (Trying not to be mean ans ask to torch the new choice altogether...it is so - ok, if you can't say something nice...I know...But Please???).

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using uTorrent for years, and to my surprise, I've never had to post anything in its forums! That's a testament to how well uTorrent was developed!

However today, when the new update installed .... WHOA!! No no no no no! What happened?? It looks all weird, funky, and fruity!! Yuck! I wanna change it back!

Seriously, why did the developers feel that they have to follow in Microsoft's footsteps and pull a "Windows 7" on us? Because in Windows 7 also, you have to install a little "app" in order to get the classic Start Menu back!

Look, if you MUST have these silly "skins", at least include the "default", classic skin and make it easy to switch to it. Having to go to this "app store" (how LAME! I HATE Apple and their dumb 'pods, 'pads', and 'phones! why would you mimic them?) to install the "Skin" app and then getting the old classic skin back is just far too punishing to us faithful users.

And besides, this doesn't change that annoying artsy-fartsy "skewed micro letter (i.e 'u')" back to the way it used to be!

So dear developers, in case you didn't get it yet, please, change uTorrent back to the way it was! This new look is causing mass irritation! Think about it! How many uTorrent users are out there in the world? Can you imagine the amount of combined pain this new look has caused to the many users of uTorrent? I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I were you!

Nonetheless, thank you for making uTorrent the best bittorrent client in existance, but please, DON'T try to be "cool" or "contemporary" by following those !@%#$holes at Apple and Microsoft ... they're a bunch of d!cks!! uTorrent doesn't need any "revamping" ...... it's the best just the way it is!!

...just the way it ..... WAS. Agreed on the micro "u" tray icon as well. Crisp, sharp - original, not italics, not artsy, not trendy, not ---whatever colorful metaphor which I don't choose to use. CLASSIC, for all icons, all menus, all headers, everything. I use uTorrent (classic only!) under Linux, running WINe emulator. Beats any torrent client I've ever used or seen....until this mess.

I am using utorrent from years but never felt the need to register here. But just because of this new UI I have to.. :(. Especially the new icons, they are toooo ugly. Reconsider to roll back the changes.

For the time being i will be using the older version 2.0.4. Long live utorrent..... :) :)

First of all, let me express my gratitude for uTorrent. It has been one of the best pieces of software on my computer for many, many years -- and free, at that.

Second, I'd like to add my name to the list of people who registered just to post dissatisfaction with the new theme. Yes I know about the 2.0 skin available. It shouldn't be necessary.

The new in-application icons and colors are quite ugly. The new sys/tray icon is ... different .. but I think we can get used to it.

However, the new in-application icons are really bad. Please, do yourselves and us a favor, and rework/rethink the official default icon set. Make it one that lives up to the uTorrent name.

Remember what most great software looked like when they started going down? It's what 2.2 looks like today. I don't know whether it's a coincidence, but the sneaky toolbar and the ugly UI coming out in one package is just a bad sign. It seems uTorrent has begun to change its bussiness plan or its management team. Either way, I just hope they don't screw up like the others did.

Ok so i am not here to complain, i did however dislike the new skin and i swapped to the old one using the links given. Now everything is back to how it used to be, or atleast almost everything. I am now wondering how i can change this final little detail of the color on the progress bar back from the now green, to the old blue one. I would be ever so gratefull if you where to help me in any way.

Edit: Nvm didnt see the question had allready been answered once, sorry if i wasted anyones time

I also belong to the group of people registering here just to express my dislike with the new UI that new release has introduced. It is really ugly and I am switching back to previous version just due to this reason. Please give me back classic UI for new releases! Please!

Another book I recommend the develop team reads:

http://37signals.com/rework/

In it are a few pieces of advice that would have saved the abomination that is version 2.2. 1) Remember what your product is about and focus on that, and 2) don't be affraid to say no to users requests for features.

This product is about downloading torrents. Why is there even skins? And Apps?!? Right on your home page you say "A Powerhouse With a Tiny Appetite. Speedy, efficient, and free." 2.2 is against everything uTorrent stands for! I literally thought your domain got hacked and had pushed malware to my computer instead of a legit update. I'm still doubfounded.

I have installed 2.0.4 again, and have turned off auto updates for the first time. I won't be using a new version of uTorrent again unless I see you guys get back on the path that made you successful to begin with.

Just registered because after installing 2.2 today I immediately told my friends not to upgrade. The UI seems like a giant step back. Sent everyone to the homepage to show them what they'd be getting and everyone disliked it.

I came to the forums knowing I wasn't alone....and what do you know? Top thread at the moment.

Anyways, just sharing my opinion here. I've been a utorrent user since its infancy and I hope that I can help keep the project on course by voicing my thoughts.

Ugly or not, thanks again for a solid application.

Archived