3.4.x Beta

AdamK

We all know how we/you want it to be. That said, what left is to understand what the system is, and at least have  them describe it clearly  in the changelog:

We might not like it, but it is so:

Dev1: 32691->32754

Dev2: 32691->32717->32744

-- 2014-08-01: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32754)
- Includes latest stable build 32691
- Fix the issue of bundles panel loading
- Bundles tab improvements

-- 2014-08-01: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32744)
- Replaces beta build 32717
- Crash Fix

(+ the crashing/fixed 32744...)

-- 2014-07-31: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 32717)
- Includes latest stable 32691
- Fix memory leak and possible hang
- Disable auto-update options for beta builds

A mass, but with notes......

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well maybe you want this company to crumble and fall...not me!

Why don't you setup a poll on the way the releases are posted by the devs and let the public and long time users decide... You may be surprised of the outcome...It's all about change and this change may be beneficial to the devs too....Less confusion on what dev is doing to what build/version and more organised

No sense to poll on something we cannot change...

I guess you never heard of "We the People" speech as in people in numbers can and will make the changes needed...Not Now but Watch and see! They will one day come to their senses.

Going with the flow on such a broken system on sooo many levels is not and will not be acceptable.

I'm starting to think you are somehow, someway getting some sought of kick-back here...Are you sure you are Neutral here!

Part of it is related to mainwnd_split_x.

If you drag the sidebar pane to the far right, exit uTorrent then examine the values, there is a difference:

Before: mainwnd_split_x (i)=300

After: mainwnd_split_x (i)=1180

If a value lower than 300 is entered/edited in BEncoder then saved, upon launching uTorrent, the sidebar is normal but then jumps to it's (too) wide position.

It looks like another entry is stopping the new value taking effect. I hope that helps as a starting point.

(I'm using a 1280x768 screen. A value of 100 for me puts the sidebar into it's "normal" position before then jumping to the very wide position).

If anyone have problem with wide sidebar.Get my settings and paste in your installation directory to make it normal

It does exactely what rafi's settings.dat did in my µtorrent, it works on the first load of µtorrent then I restart µtorrent and its back again.  The most effective way to fix this for me right now is by blocking "bittorrent.com" in firewall, it never come back even by using my original settings.dat file.  And I can confirm this bug is still present in the lastest beta (build 32770) as I did all this testing on that new build even with using an empty settings.dat and my original settings.dat file. <_<

I remove fileguard and I can see the sidebar change at startup.

I've disabled my firewall in Windows.

I can try with an empty, will get back with result.

Edit: Same with empty settings.dat, after closing "default torrent application" dialog, it jumps back to wide.

Edit: Same with empty settings.dat, after closing "default torrent application" dialog, it jumps back to wide.

Ditto.

The sidebar has been deliberately made wider to accomodate ads - it's probably only something the developers can sort, but let's not hold our breath.

Edit: Upon launching uTorrent, Fiddler2 shows it's trying to access http://ads.bittorrent.com

Blocking ads.bittorrent.com in hosts doesn't stop the sidebar jumping back either :(

I just tested with hosts file I can confirm its not working.

127.0.0.1 bittorrent.com

I added that in hosts file and it still does the same wide sidebar bug.  I guess you need a firewall. :o

EDIT:  I think the hosts file needs each individual sub domains that µtorrent might be using to be able to block that wide sidebar bug from appearing.  So the most effective way to block bittorrent.com effectively is by using a firewall that can block it like this:

*.bittorrent.com*

EDIT2:  By the way in case you wish to know, the firewall I'm using is Eset Smart Security, it has anti-virus + firewall build in and works flawlessly to stop this bug from happening.

Archived