µRemote: a .Net GUI for WebUI

matias

@pulse: update tracker is not possible.

@alamarco: all your suggestion are possible, and will gradually be added to µRemote.

A totally rewritten version will be out soon ... if anyone is interested in translate it to another language, this is the time.

Best regards.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stupid question(s).....but how do I actually use this?. Do i use this instead of utorrent when wanting to connect remotely to another machine?. (cause the browser way doesn't seem to work for me). Would private sites see this as utorrent?. Or do both need to be running?.

What ip address do i put in the settings?. The one im connecting with or the one hosting uremote?.

Thanks.

@µ7orr3n7:

- You have to use both, µTorrent on the remote machine (with WebUI activated) and µRemote in your local computer.

- Private sites would see this as µTorrent (with the same version as is in the remote machine).

- The ip address that you should use correspond to the remote machine.

Cheers.

Very cool application - I run uTorrent as a service on a VM, and this is ideal for management. alamarco's suggestions are great, and I've got one simple suggestion to add - the ability to add/remove column headers as needed. It would just help clean up the interface a bit - I generally don't need to see the hash column and it'd be nice to simply get rid of it, along with a few others.

Some more complex suggestions:

It would be neat to have torrent creation integrated into your app. Being able to manage that on the client machine from within uRemote would be great. Obviously a decent amount of work but maybe something to put further down the roadmap.

Not sure if it's possible given the limitations of communicating through the web client, but it would be nice to be able to change the the file locations of individual torrents. I have uTorrent setup so that new torrents end up in a general incoming files folder, but if I want to seed something that has been placed into a more permanent spot, I need to change the path of that torrent to point to the correct spot in long term storage.

Hopefully those made sense. Thanks for the great application!

would be good to add a proxy capabilities to the application.

I use a SSH Tunnel at work to connect to my home PC. So my SOCK5 proxy is 127.0.0.1:9999

Via firefox I then type 127.0.0.1:8080 (my utorrent webui listening port) to connect to my home PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New version

uremote.1.3.png

Changelog (1.3):

* CHANGE: connection error should be more specific on what is failing

* CHANGE: version in about shows as x.x format

* CHANGE: when you change language in uRemote, the "need restart" message is shown in your new selected language

* ADD: some missing strings in NO, DE and RU

* ADD: label support (with "find as you type")

* ADD: http proxy support (experimental)

* ADD: set default remove action

* ADD: allow remove torrents pressing the Delete key

* ADD: delete button in toolbar

Download: http://uremote.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Thanks matias for this nice alternative to browser access :)

If I have to make suggestion, I would think to features making torrent add more easy. For example :

- adding torrents from explorer by copy and paste and drag and drop

- adding torrent from a browser by an "Open with" rule (like in Firefox)

Then, It seems there's a bad character in the french translation, "File" is translated by "$Fichier" ;)

1. Creation on the panel of buttons icons (Pause All, Start All...)

2. Hotkeys (Pause All, Start All...)

I second these suggestions.

Plus As my brother is using this software to pause and resume MY downloads, from another PC (so he can browse) could you also have the ability to customize the Button Icons , so I can remove unnecessary options that he won't need . LIKE DELETE! for example.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing program mate... congrats

There is just 2 things missing for me that id like to add my 2 cents for this great software

1 - Add a column of the day the torrent were added which i can sort by last added torrents really helpful!!

2- Change the behave of the software when the "X" is hit, instead of closing the program for good, minimize to the system tray (just like Windows Live does) and to close, just right click and you know the rest.

thats my 2 cents mate i hope it makes the software more handy for all

great job!!! have a great ne year dude

• 2 weeks later...

OO thats a shame,

----matias----

Good to see you dude, i like that you gave feedback, and because of that you might be interested in developing and improving the software. great work btw. Ive being using for a quite long time now in my regular basis and its a great software as pointed ou before, but as any software there are some flaws that ive found.

PS: dont get me wrong its a good software, im not pushing you mate, im just giving you a feedback which i believe is the best thing even though you might not continue supporting it.

--- I have no idea if it interferes but in my case i use it because i have a seedbox so the server is away -----

1 bug - i found is that when you try to add more than 1 torrent at the same time the program lose the connection and doesnt come back.

2 bug - some times you add/delete the file and the change IS done on the server, but doesnt show at the program ( i found it happening with the webui so i think is a API bug, but a workaround would be after every (addition/ deletion) trigger a "clean refresh"

3 bug - the program loses the connection extremely easy

4 bug - the completion column shows ALWAYS the same day when i restart the program. (or example if ive being successful connected to the utorrent for X time an 2 download finished within this time, it stamps as being done that time. but the day after, when i restart the program/PC, it erases the stamp and shows as it done that time)

For now those are the bugs that ive found...

I was thinking in some things to make the usage more enjoyable

1 - as pointed out before the "X" for minimize not close the program for good

2 - auto reconnection

3 - and option to turns off the annoying pop up that says the connection was lost

4 - The annoying pop up i know some people might like it but could be FAR smaller since theres just 1 line!!

5 - Id like to see the general LOG.

6 - I dont know if its possible but id like to see the transfer rating peer by peer, seed by seed in details

7 - An visual Icon on the status bar showing whenever its connected and not

8 - Clicking in this icon it performs the opposite (ie. if it shows connected, clicking at the icon it disconnect, and vice versa)

9 - a shortcut to F5 to "clean refresh"

10 - Icon for connect and disconnect

11 - Icon to start the default browser (firefox) to the webui. with the login done (user@pass:IP:door/gui) (im not sure the URL but i think is this one

12 - Id like to have the Config menu just as the webui

13 - I know its not possible because the API for it is not finished but RSS

14 - I dont know if you will be developing it but an - auto update out be great

15 - You might not be interested but you can get some change by adding a paypal link for donations

16 - Icon for "download" which starts the browser in FTP mode ( and be able to edit it adding, user, pass, url)

17 - status bar show how many torrents is active, download, seeding, completed, the sum of all

18 - Auto reconnect (must have it), like gtalk would be fine. (if it disconnects the program tries in some PRE setted intervals which are following, 1sec, 5secs,15 secs,1min,5mins, 10min (and keep in 10mins until it reconnects) every time it fails, the reconnection time goes one step further like, the example --- time 0 connection fail, 1 attempt in 1 sec (fails), 2 attempt in 5 secs (fail), 3 attempt.....and so on until it keeps trying every 10mints

fyi- when i refers to "clean refresh" i mean the right hand button does it, it clean window and bring everything again ( you might know better than me what im talking about hehe)

ps2: jjimm asked for "stop all, start all" short cuts, and flexibility to Add and remove buttons im agree with it

I can offer to translate the whole program to Portuguese if you still needed, just let me know if interested

anyway great job keep up the great work

Beto

I love it! This little program is awesome!!!

There are a few features I would like to see added if you can, if not no biggie. It's still awesome!

1) Change torrent order. The # column, you know?

2) Change torrent priorities. I know you can change file priorities in yours, but setting priorities for the torrent would be great too.

Those are 2 key features I felt were missing from the webUI as well. One additional thing that would be great would be to automatically check for updates to itself. If you could implement those 3 things, you'd be an even bigger hero.

1) Darn. That's too bad. Very useful feature.

2) That'll take some explaining I guess.

If I queue up say, 40 downloads, I can select which order I want them to start in by using method 1. Sort them in the list (locally) so the ones I want to start first are at the top, the rest at the bottom. No problem. But that doesn't necessarily mean one will get priority over the other. If I have it set to allow say 5 downloads simultaneously, but there's 1 download that I want asap, moving it to number 1 in the list will still have it competing on an even footing with the other 4 concurrent downloads. Using method 2, I can set it to "High" priority while leaving the rest at "Normal".

Now maybe I misunderstand how priority works. I believed it was different then simply ordering the downloads. If it's not, I guess I've been wasting time changing priority on torrents in addition to ordering them...

I am having an issue with uremote. When I attempt to connect to my remote box I get "...error (300) ambiguous redirect." I can connect fine using a web browser. I have tried using both the interal ip, and the external ip with uremote, both fail.

utorrent version - 1.8.1

webui version - .361

uremote version - 1.5

windows xp sp3 on both machines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this seems like a very nice program.

----------------------------

edit:

Just incase this helps someone else out there...

I must have inadvertantly changed webui.token_auth to true in advanced preferences. Changing this back to false fixed my issues.

Thanks for the great program.

Archived