3.5.x Beta

TylerW

>>Only MS?
The screen above is from the MS defender message, so i am talking about it. But yes, MS is the biggest player. Most of the companies on VT use few big companies signatures. Our observation - as soon as MS removes some flag, half of other flags on VT "magically" disappears. Few other remove flags after we submit executable for clearance, but this is very time consuming - at the moment they done with the analysis, we already have new build.
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 3:13 PM, SergeyQA said:

>>Only MS?
The screen above is from the MS defender message, so i am talking about it. But yes, MS is the biggest player. Most of the companies on VT use few big companies signatures. Our observation - as soon as MS removes some flag, half of other flags on VT "magically" disappears. Few other remove flags after we submit executable for clearance, but this is very time consuming - at the moment they done with the analysis, we already have new build.
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Many years ago..  I made roughly $292,000 per year with my software sales.  Then, Microsoft began tagging ALL executable files as MALWARE unless the source code for the executable was submitted to THEM for approval.  The REASON I was making an average of $800 per day with my software - which was just ONE program - was because nobody else had the technology to do what I was doing with my software.  For over 3 years, I was ranked #1 on Google, which is why I was doing so well.  Then, my software began to be tagged as being malware, even though it was not, because the crooks at MS did not certify it.  As a result, the online sales company I sold my software through automatically issued refunds to everybody that complained that my software was malware.  This FORCED me to submit my source code to Microsoft for their certification.  Within one month of doing that, my software was certified and no longer tagged as being malware, but mysteriously, there were dozens of other vendors who now were using MY technology, and my ranking on Google which had always been #1 for 3 years, fell to about 2000.  If your software is not in the top 10 on Google, you can forget about getting any sales.  You have to be on page 1,  and even on page 1, you better be in the top 3.  Being on page 200 results in getting NO hits on Google, and NO sales.   Within 3 months after that, my sales went from $800 per day to ZERO.  I have not made a penny on my software in many years.  Thanks alot Microsoft!   Here's an idea.  Force MiCROSOFT to make all of THEIR source code public domain!   

I have tried a few versions of 3.6.x and regretted it for various reasons including it automatically updating even when you tell it NOT to automatically update, and Microsoft blacklisting utorrent.

So, I stick with version 3.5.5 build 46606 which was the final 3.5.5  (at least I'm not one of those kooks that still use version 2.2.1 !!)

I still get some silly certificate download errors which I ignore.

Today, I noticed that since 11/23/2023, the downloads with subdirectories are not only NOT creating subdirectories, but also chopping off all but the first level of saved directory.  I took a guess at how to fix this, and it WORKED!

I got ahold of RAFI 's last "Best Settings" DAT file, and replaced the existing SETTINGS.DAT file with it.  That solved the directory problem.  All I had to change was to UNcheck the box that says "Do Not Automatically Start downloads" and to change the default SAVE directory.  They are under OPTIONS/PREFERENCES/DIRECTORIES and OPTIONS/PREFERENCES/UI SETTINGS. 

-----

On a side note, Microsoft has pretty much destroyed the computer software industry.  

re:  ...not creating the subdirectories...

I also saw this behaviour last week, I thought it was a malformed .torrent file.  I discarded the job and its resume.dat and retried the .torrent again, same thing.  So I repeated plus restored a settings.dat from a week earlier also and restarted, problem gone.  Don't know what was wrong but that fixed it.  

Always keep a backup of your settings.dat just in case...I back mine up weekly usually, and ALWAYS before doing an "update" to a new version.

re:  staying with 3.5.5....

I too find the last 3.5.5 to be just fine for my needs.  If and when 3.6.0 gets a clean report card [here] then I'll move forward.  And the guys still running 2.2.1 are happy, so good for them...old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies pretty often...;)

Edited by javacatpaul

Should the webui be saving it's column layout? Cos mine isn't it always returns to default. This is with a brand new 3.6 setup as well.. so the settings shouldn't fulloshit, gettin tired of having to right click to add the 'Added On' column every time I go in.

Edited by Ryrynz

• 2 weeks later...

Build 74004 consistently hangs at launch for me (screenshot). Downgrading to 46986 works fine again (using Win11 x64 23H2).

I extracted the 47004 beta installer with 7zip and copied utorrent.exe to my ut appdata folder as usual (the dlls are the same). Then launched it and unfortunately it hangs every time, instead of self-updating.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:11 PM, darkred said:

Build 74004 consistently hangs at launch for me (screenshot). Downgrading to 46986 works fine again (using Win11 x64 23H2).

I extracted the 47004 beta installer with 7zip and copied utorrent.exe to my ut appdata folder as usual (the dlls are the same). Then launched it and unfortunately it hangs every time, instead of self-updating.

Update: The latest build 47006 also hangs, but deleting resume.dat fixed the problem.

9 hours ago, SergeyQA said:

Would you mind to share the screenshot of the "bloody window popup" please?

Sure, if I can get it happening again. I got another crash just now on 47006 as well just doing normal tasks.
Aint ever had uTorrent crash on me until this build.. far out.

Nah, went back to 46984, I couldn't get 47006 loading again. I ain't playing games with my time.

Edited by Ryrynz

• 2 weeks later...