WebUI v0.315

Directrix

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded, installed perfectly!

Must say, i do prefer the proper .exe version, as there are many more features.

But this would be great for things like when you are at college/work, and you see a torrent you want, but forgot your pen-drive, you can add it there!

Brilliant tool. a MUST for everyone that may be benificial of it, I know i will, and my respect goes to the person who thought of it and the person who coded it!

Hi All,

I'm probably overlooking something simple but when I try to connect to my IP from work (even a ping) it fails. Annoying thing is that I cannot telnet to the IP using uTorrent port but incoming connections are working fine. Am I overlooking a setup step for the web client? Any help greatly appreciated as a friend is having same problem and this tool will be a life saver!!!

*edit* I should point out I have tried it from a basic machine with no firewall etc coming into the equation to complicate matters. Can I determine what ip and port an incoming ocnnection is using?

Cheers,

Aidan

Update to my previous problem. I now can ping my home address (router settings that was staring me in teh face). However, I cannot connect to the web GUI. I cannot telnet onto the IP over my uTorrent port. My port forwarding is enabled on router for UDP and TCP for incoming requests on that port. Any ideas?

Hey hey,

first off i just wanna say thanx to the guys who created this, its B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!!!!

second thing its quite strange, ive got it working now on the alternate port though. But when i try and use the default port which i have aloud on the router i get "invalid request" .The thing is, the settings for the two ports are EXACTLY same on the router besides the port number!

In other words i CAN connect to the WEBGUI when i use the alternate port. But not when i use the default port. Strange....

But hey it still work.... :)

The alternate port is used as an alternate to the default listening port, not an additional listening port. One of the main points behind the feature is so that the user can hide the fact that they're using webui from other users, since other users can't just "guess" by using the http://IP:port/gui/ combination they can figure out just by looking at the peers list.

Hi, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but...

When I download the latest version of uTorrent and run it, there is no installation, it "just works", ie: self contained executable.

Now, when I read the "readme" in the webui rar file that I downloaded off the link on the first page of this thread, it says:

"The WebUI.zip needs to placed in the same folder as µTorrent's SETTINGS.DAT file and DO NOT unzip it."

As far as I can tell, there is no SETTINGS.DAT file. I thought this might be part of the installation, but of course there is no installation.

Like I said, I'm sure it's me doing something dumb, but if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Yabbie

P.S - I'm using the new stable 1.7.5 version of uTorrent

Archived