WebUI v0.315

Directrix

Not Vista specific I don't believe as I had exactly the same problem using WinXP SP2. Couldn't get the WebUI (first time I'd tried to use it) to work with 1.7, always got the octet stream error.

Thanks to SteveSw for his post as that installer somehow fixed the problem and made it work for me. One change - I didn't uninstall 1.7 first, I just ran the new installer over the top and that fixed WebUI. The installer changes a few things in the options but I changed them back to my original settings and WebUI still works.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Error in russain translation! (Mybe not only in russian).

In russain translation in WebUI preferences

"Restrict access to this IPs" is translated as "Prohibit access from this IPs".

So, I;ve filled this field with addresses of attackers, and then just lost access to webui :).

I Could not get what happened until I switched language back to english :).

Will you correct this case, please?

Jacklsw86 and anyone else that is having the problem with the blank page here is your solution.I know it says not to extract the zip but you do have to extract the first zip file.Inside of that there is another zip file called webui.zip.That is the one that you put in the appdata/utorrent folder.

Now do this http://youripaddress:port/gui/ and everything should work fine.

The 'first zip' you talk about is a rar. You should extract the rar and you shouldn't extract the zip. I know it sounds obnoxious but keep in mind that even though this BETA version of the webui is advertised to the masses on the front page of this website it is largely intended for the more experienced users at this time. Hopefully it will become less complicated with the -=>OVERDUE<=- :P newer versions.

Usually it picks up new data the next time. If it happens often it can be a couple of different structural reasons (connections overload of the modem/router, upload speed maxing out causing a long enough delay) but it could be numerous accidental reasons too. It can be both your current computer as the one running µtorrent.

Is there any way to make the time-out delay longer? Or is it a fix value?

The downloading system is pretty busy, I suppose. Waiting for the response wouldn't do any harm

And I found out a pretty disturbing thing (looks to me like a bug):

When I add new torrents it shows them in the list (sometimes on top, sometimes on bottom). After some time I look at the list again and the torrents on the bottom are torrents I downloaded in full already a week or two before!!! Old torrents already deleted from the system. The new torrents are gone, but it's the same number of lines which are in use!

Any explanation for this?

Just wanted to say thanks, it's working GREAT in Opera 9.21 b8776, had an issue at first with it just showing a blank screen, but that was because uTorrent itself does not include the webui.zip. After placing webui.zip into %AppData%\uTorrent, all worked great! And it looks amazing.

I reproduced it again (only with different torrent names) and the behaviour is that:

1. I add a torrent

2. If the torrent is added on TOP then it's ok and it stays the name of the torrent I added

3. If the torrent is added as a line at the BOTTOM then it shows it correctly at first

4. After restarting the browser and logging on again the names of the torrents on bottom have changed - they are old torrents already downloaded and deleted from the system

I have no idea how you could find this bug or how to debug all this

Hi everyone.

I started using uTorrent WebUI v0.310 to manage my server what I use to seed.

I have 8 slots but sometimes one of my running torrents stops and I see Error[F].

I would like to know what it means, because I cannot download what I want...

Thanx for the help!

This is the screen:

20395664385.jpeg

Archived