Any plans for a better website?

xirian

Are there any plans for a better website? The current layout isn't the greatest (no offense to whoever made it) and to me doesn't really scream *download me*. Maybe something a bit more pro looking?

I threw this together out of boredom to give an idea

mtorrent8cj.th.png

I like it how it is. The one you made is alright. Though it screams "dodgy" to me. When I see that I would expect some dodgy programs to be bundled with it.

Those ones usually look shinier than my stuff... I think all the dodgy ones use warezed template monster templates. Anyways this was just a suggestion and something I threw together out of boredom, tried to keep the current colour scheme going but its hard to find anything that works with green besides green.

Is there any thread i missed about what the one ignorantcow is working on? Im a very nosy person who loves screenshots :P

*sigh* the reality is there is nothing wrong with the current site, if you have not noticed, there is nothing about µT that screams 'DOWNLOAD ME!!!' However that has nothing to do with its effectiveness as a client. WOM has always worked better than a jazzy snazzy presentation. Is it a bit plain? yeah it is. Do I like the idea of a really snazzy site to 'convince' me to download something? No I dont. The site is functional, just like their software. I like it that way. Let Azureus handle the jazzy snazzy. That is what they do anyway. WOM=Word of mouth. 'The current layout isnt the greatest'. That is an opinion. And though it may be a correct one, that layout aint the worst either and that is a correct opinion as well. It works for the current enviornment. My .02

Actually I quite like the current site design, for one..

Having said that I really like xirian's design, apart from (a) the testimonials (I don't like the idea, they always seem dodgy to me, reading a forum is the best way to get feedback IMO so the forum should be a seller) and (B) the fact that it's a screenshot. You have done that for web right? And the CSS/HTML etc. all validates? If so, it's a winner with me :)

Having said that I really like xirian's design, apart from (a) the testimonials (I don't like the idea, they always seem dodgy to me, reading a forum is the best way to get feedback IMO so the forum should be a seller) and (B) the fact that it's a screenshot. You have done that for web right? And the CSS/HTML etc. all validates? If so, it's a winner with me :)

You could use photoshop (slices tool) to turn that picture into a web page very easily.

*sigh* the reality is there is nothing wrong with the current site, if you have not noticed, there is nothing about µT that screams 'DOWNLOAD ME!!!' However that has nothing to do with its effectiveness as a client. WOM has always worked better than a jazzy snazzy presentation. Is it a bit plain? yeah it is. Do I like the idea of a really snazzy site to 'convince' me to download something? No I dont. The site is functional, just like their software. I like it that way. Let Azureus handle the jazzy snazzy. That is what they do anyway. WOM=Word of mouth. 'The current layout isnt the greatest'. That is an opinion. And though it may be a correct one, that layout aint the worst either and that is a correct opinion as well. It works for the current enviornment. My .02

What? You're kidding me right.. let azureus handle the jazzy snazzy? Azureus is hideous :P

No, its just what I whipped up, I hadn't bothered coding it because I didn't wanna go through the trouble for a site that wouldn't be used. And yeah, the testimonials are kind of deceptive... but I didnt know what else to stick there XD

You could use photoshop (slices tool) to turn that picture into a web page very easily.

I know, but that produces a site that's fairly heavy on images. I was hoping it was done with a lot of CSS.. :P

What? You're kidding me right.. let azureus handle the jazzy snazzy? Azureus is hideous :P

especially its web site.. µT's is much nicer!

And yeah, the testimonials are kind of deceptive... but I didnt know what else to stick there XD

Direct links to the latest download version? More screenshots as thumbnails?

it was sarcasm. Hard to convey that when its subtle that way, you need to know the poster in order to get it. It was sarcasm. Im a fariy early convert to µT, I dont like much about Azureus anymore and tolerate Bitcomet only in special circumstances that get rarer and rarer as µT matures.

• 1 month later...

...I like a simple design that the web pages have ....but I have a request: How about a Links page...?

...you could put the approved skins <hint>, suggested accessories (like the tcpip optimizer & patch, etc.)....

thanks again for µtorrent....

Archived