Ability to edit a torrent and save it as a torrent file

jhn195

• 1 year later...

Very useful. I just wanted to upload my torrent to a certain site, but that site requires the use of their own tracker. So I was like "ok, cool, I just add it to the trackers list and then upload the torrent." But nooo, uTorrent does not save the torrent file, so I ended up looking for another program just so I can edit and save the torrent file.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Notepad?

no all the torrent file can be edited by notepad.

Maybe the Notepad is Notepad computer ;)

I think this is a useful feature. After I created a new torrent file, I often want to change some torrent file information. So I always have to recreate it. Big file takes me a long time to rehash.

Video files are always very large. A 1g file is big in last year, maybe a 10g file is very small in next year. So recreate it is not a good idea.

I think this is a useful and easyUse feature.

uT has a torrent creation feature... Editing torrents can be done with a hex editor or a capable (and small) editor like Ultima's Bencoded File Editor http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306

And it takes less than 15 seconds :)

You can also use http://torrenteditor.com as it's specifically tailored for torrents. BFE can accept ANY bencoded file, including uT DAT files.

Just remember when you change ANYTHING in the INFO dictionary you change the infohash, thereby making the previous swarm disparate from the torrent you just saved.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Please implement this feature. I'll explain why I feel it should be a higher priority feature.

For example:

I have 20 demonoid torrent files that only have demonoid tracker info currently.

Since they are under maintenance indefinitely I have to manually add 15 other trackers as backups.

In the mac version of uTorrent I can't edit tracker info. In the pc version I can add custom trackers but I can't save a modified version of the torrent.

My options are to use BEncode or Transmission to edit the file. This requires manually copy/pasting 15 individual trackers and setting titles for twenty torrents for a total of 300 copy/pastes.

If you still feel that this isn't a necessary feature can you add the option to edit the properties of the torrent in the mac version of uTorrent at least?

Thanks.

Archived