Official Thank You thread

silverfire

Hello, I installed uTorrent for the first time Friday...the beta one. One group I belong to had suggested to use it because of Azureus had some issue with keeping track of amount uploaded and download reporting measurments. I had been reading information on the internet about it for a month or two, but never tried it because I was so happy with Azureus except that it seems to use much memory and resources.

I'll say! uTorrent is very impressive on system resources and memory. Wow only 8kb, and it works from a single 200kb file!! That is so impressive! I've not seen a program that has all these features and is so small in years. Very good job people.

I haven't seen how it works with a large amount of torrents at once, but right now I have 8 that I'm seeding and downloading and I still have plenty of resources and dont' even notice it's running.

Azureus never would work right with the Upnp function with my modem. It would open the port, but never close it when I shut it down. I works fine with uTorrent every time and I love the feature that changes to a random port at every start up, which is a very nice feature.

The current beta is working fine so far constantly for 3 days, not a glitch. Thanks very much and you guys did a great job :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am very new to UTorrent (last week) and had no clue what to do until I read your forum.

I find answers to all of my questions in it.

Thank you.

I just found out about credit ratio today and I will be more careful from now on.

I am still learning...

• 2 weeks later...

Been using Utorrent every day for about a year now after six months with Bitlord and, for what i use it for, it's flawless. In fact the only problem i've had in 12 months is the taskbar icon disappearing act, but as sonn as i found out it didn't affect the program i left it and it resolved itself. Yeah, great hassle-free solution.

Okay,

Normally I can't make heads or tails of help forums. Not the case here! Thanks to the helpfull info posted here and the patient replies to my desparate questions I was able to do a speed check for my DSL connection, properly forward my router, and get utorrent working properly in about 20 minutes. [still not sure how I broke it, but that's another story. ;)]

As someone who is usually at the utter and complete mercy of my pc savy friends I am beyond thrilled. So thanks to all of you who take the time and effort to help people like me out.

Cia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jag bara MÅSTE få tacka Ludde och gänget för det underbara µTorrent! Jag ställer otroligt höga krav på snabbhet, enkelhet och en maximalt slimmad kod för minsta möjliga minnesanvändning på alla mina program. µTorrent är tillsammans med NOD32 outstanding! Tack igen. :)

I just have to thank Ludde and the rest of the crew for the wonderful µTorrent! Blah, blah... µTorrent are, together with NOD32, one of the best, most impressing and useful programs I ever tried.

/joar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As with everyone else, nothing but praise to you and the program. Thank you for making an underpowered Windows driven CPU/Laptop capable of downloading faster than its disk can write (2.9Mb/s on 4 files from sweden). Ive used ut for about two years and wouldn't ask for anything better. Also, props on the encrypted traffic for the dodgy isps attempting to come between users and their files! I would have had to revert to taking wifi and opening ports for myself at night for downloading if it weren't for that feature...

Bravo

• 2 weeks later...

:cool: Thank you :D

I'm trying to make a full switch for Linux, but all bittorrent clients suck. I must use uTorrent ;):D:lol:

With 1.7.2 crashes occured when trying to open some torrents. I'm using 1.7.3 under Wine now and I can open the torrents that previosly crashed :D a BIG THANK YOU to the uTorrent team.

I still dream of the day when a uTorrent Linux port is released ;):D

I have been using the beta now for quite a bit and I want to say thanks heaps to all who helped develop this app. I have had no problems at all, ever, and the speed has been excellent. Regular download speed exceeding 300 kb/s on single torrents and bandwidth max regular with simultaneous torrents running. Great job and hope UT is around for a long time to come, best wishes to all. :)

Archived