µTorrent Plus Alpha release

AdamK

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some updated info for you - I was downloading a larger than average torrent - about 10k pieces - yesterday and got a hashfail after a couple of hundred ok pieces. After that I was getting a steady cascade of hashfails, until I removed and restarted the torrent, after which its carried on with no issues, and all the failed peices aresuddenly ok, and we're talking about 2500 of these! Almost like first hashfail mangles something about all the peices that come after it, even of they're ok?

It could be. Could you try those same torrents with 3.0 and let us know if the same thing happens?

Thanks.

uT said to me I have connected a iPhone/iPod but I don't have iStuff.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2583/iphonesr.th.jpg

bye

The way this works may be confusing.

Because we can't always determine exactly what you have, we show the devices in the right-hand pane, so that you have the option to add them, if you like.

Your added devices will show up in the left-hand TreeView.

Some updated info for you - I was downloading a larger than average torrent - about 10k pieces - yesterday and got a hashfail after a couple of hundred ok pieces. After that I was getting a steady cascade of hashfails' date=' until I removed and restarted the torrent, after which its carried on with no issues, and all the failed peices aresuddenly ok, and we're talking about 2500 of these! Almost like first hashfail mangles something about all the peices that come after it, even of they're ok?[/quote']

It could be. Could you try those same torrents with 3.0 and let us know if the same thing happens?

Thanks.

OK

Using build 25824 with torrent of 10k + pieces.

I'll let you know as soon as

UPDATE!!

10329 pieces, 82 hashfails (164Mb wasted)

10.1Gb downloaded in roughly 6 hours, completed

3.1 Beta build 26419

Might be reposting some of the already mentioned errors, but just to confirm they appear more often.

1) Torrent stuck on 99.9% for hours (with lots of seeders), only finishing after restart of the client.

2) uTorrent Remote does not accept answers to the security question and when setting a new username, after restarting the client or the pc, it thinks it's installed on an other pc.

3) When torrents are checked after a crash / restart, full computer memory is used blocking every other possible use of the computer for minutes upto hours (12 GB of memory in combination with 4-40GB torrents). Can't this be less invasive?

1) Torrent stuck on 99.9% for hours (with lots of seeders), only finishing after restart of the client.

Can you check if this happens when you set Pref.->advanced->diskio.use_partfile to false ? The torrent needs to be "added" as a new torrent again, tho...

(They might have screwed it up with this fix:

-- 2011-10-21: Version 3.1 beta (build 25835)

- Fix: Hang writing partfile for multifile torrent containing a file > 4GB

)

Hey,

Not usually an alpha tester, so here's my I'm not sure whats going on answerstring:

1. I have two torrents that have been stuck at between 97.x% to 99.9% for two days now. They just don't want to finish! Stopping and starting them, restarting uTorrent and the machine itself all seem to have no effect. Help, I'd really like those two torrents!

2. I use a private tracker, and the message being returned from it in the "Trackers" tab is "Warning: You should update your uTorrent. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys

Can you check if this happens when you set Pref.->advanced->diskio.use_partfile to false ? The torrent needs to be "added" as a new torrent again, tho...

Got a torrent again today which kept hanging at 99.x% even after changing that setting. Restarted uTorrent and the torrent finished near instantly.

1) Torrent stuck on 99.9% for hours (with lots of seeders)' date=' only finishing after restart of the client.[/quote']

Got a torrent again today which kept hanging at 99.x% even after changing that setting. Restarted uTorrent and the torrent finished near instantly.

Tried this, to no avail. Both torrent stills appear to be dropping their last few packets, and keep reverting back to about 99%. At least its not 97%!

(They might have screwed it up with this fix:

-- 2011-10-21: Version 3.1 beta (build 25835)

- Fix: Hang writing partfile for multifile torrent containing a file > 4GB

)

Yes it does. So safe to assume this is either a red herring, or has caused it, since current 3.0 build doesn't suffer the hashfail problem

Can you check if this happens when you set Pref.->advanced->diskio.use_partfile to false ? The torrent needs to be "added" as a new torrent again' date=' tho... [/quote']

Tried this, to no avail. Both torrent stills appear to be dropping their last few packets, and keep reverting back to about 99%. At least its not 97%!

Current workaround is to stop torrent, force recheck and start again.

Assumng you've caught all the pieces that are going to fail, it will finish. Otherwise ytou might have to do another stop/check/restart cycle later.

By the way, I occasionally have changed my Adding New Torrent menu and lost an option of choosing files for download. Won't anybody help me to bring that necessary option back? The proper field in Settings ("Show files window in advanced mode") is checked but all I've got is castrated window offering Save As but not Save What Exactly ;)

That's what it looks like:0000hex0.jpg

Archived