3.4.x Beta

AdamK

Thank you Mike, that's very helpful.  This is an error we're aware of and expect to fix in the coming few days.  I'm very sorry you ran into that, I'll post again when we release the fix.

If you haven't already seen it, see here aswell:

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/91781-new-client-installer/?p=489452

But the issue regarding simply being able to replace the executable to upgrade uTorrent is more what I'm concerned with.

I'm more than happy to stick with 3.4.2.31950 until it's resolved.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks close enough to me, at your rate... :P

Snob ;).   Actually after 30 minutes its intermittent, switching from ∞ to < 3 hours ETA with negligilbe d/l speed change.  I'm quite familiar with life in the slow lane.  It's definitely semi-broken.

I'm a newbie here, i wanna start a topic but it says ' you cannot start a new topic'.

btw i got a real problem here, my utorrent 3.4.1 is now not seeding!!

some days earlier , i updated win difender and installed nod 32 antivirus did that cause the problem??

and i wanna update utorrent but i wana keep seeding, can i do that??  :(  :(

:) what's the avg. DL rate seen in the info tab? And I wish you a short future life in the slow lane...

It averaged 36.9 kB/s (now fully downloaded and seeding despite the bogus ETA indication).  That shouldn't have been microscopic enough to make it fall into the ∞ twilight zone.

I like the ETA for the seeding one. :D

In older versions seeding torrents had an ETA based on reaching a seeding target. But that was removed quite some time ago...

Exactly.  I didn't understand Andreasvb's point at first.  It still works that way but only if you limit the upload rate != 0 after reaching a seeding goal.  A dumb change from pre-v3 methodology but better than another column of ∞.

What's with the build number system?

-- 2014-06-24: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 31947)
- Includes all fixes from the (latest stable build)
- Added: Ad's Label to the FW Ads

-- 2014-06-23: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 31962)
- Fixed: Labels tree nodes

-- 2014-06-23: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 31943)
- Fixed: Fix bundle bundler does not go to torrent pane by default
- Fixed: Fix client does not go to torrent pane if no internet access during the install time.

And the link to 3.4.2.31947 is (currently) dead anyway.

Just because a member of the Bittorrent staff has made a few replies in somewhat a human manner here doesn't mean things are going to change...I hope talkingprawn didn't get your hopes up too high!

-- 2014-06-24: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 31947)

- Added: Ad's Label to the FW Ads

-- 2014-06-23: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 31962)

- Fixed: Labels tree nodes

-- 2014-06-23: Version 3.4.2 Beta (build 31943)

- Fixed: Fix bundle bundler does not go to torrent pane by default

- Fixed: Fix client does not go to torrent pane if no internet access during the install time.

And the link to 3.4.2.31947 is (currently) dead anyway.

Is it just me, or shouldn't 31962 come AFTER 31947???!

I repeat again, if they can't get something as simple as posting builds and making them available for download, HOW can we have any confidence that they can do anything more complex right???!!!

I *was* going to try the latest build, but of course, the link is broken ......  <sigh>

Is it just me, or shouldn't 31962 come AFTER 31947???!

Is that really important enough to nag about? Maybe the devs who pushed that build wanted to test it on their own for a few days.

As for the broken link, they just typoed the URL. Add a 9 to the end and you'll get build 31947: http://download-new.utorrent.com/uuid/46da6700-b1c3-4037-b1ae-2df3a0593719

Is that really important enough to nag about? Maybe the devs who pushed that build wanted to test it on their own for a few days.

As for the broken link, they just typoed the URL. Add a 9 to the end and you'll get build 31947: http://download-new.utorrent.com/uuid/46da6700-b1c3-4037-b1ae-2df3a0593719

Actually, yes, it is - again, and how many times does it have to be repeated?  If they can't get get the SIMPLE things right ............

Stop making excuses for SLOPPY work, plain & simple.

Archived