3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how is "relevance" important with regular use? 

If it's not important, why have it at all? Better not to have something if it's not working.

If you don't know it already, "Relevance" tells you which of the connected peers is relevant for you even if they don't have the whole content. Some peers though they have very little content with them, may have the pieces which you are missing. Then, that peer is more relevant to you than another peer who has 95% content, but all of which you already have.

I normally order the peers in my Peers tab based on relevance, so that I can see the most relevant ones at top. So it's definitely important for me to have this feature work correctly.

Doesn't the automatic update work in utorrent anymore? I am using utorrent 3.4.2 build 34537 and when I check for updates it shows no update available. But the build 34727 is showing as latest on download page.

Same situation with me as well, except that I am running stable release 3.4.2 build 34309.

@devs, I did some (your) work and tests as follows:

"Relevance" was last working on 3.4.1 build 30716 and is failing starting all builds after this, beginning with build 30717 (UI performance build) - both from March 2014.

My first comment about this problem was in July 2014 - now we have October.

I agree, if we have a feature which is present and was working earlier, this should be repaired or is not necessary any more ...

"Relevance" was last working on 3.4.1 build 30716 and is failing starting all builds after this, beginning with build 30717 (UI performance build) - both from March 2014.

Good job @schnurlos! Thanks.

Hope this will prompt the devs to take a look as this should help narrow their troubleshoot efforts.

If what you meant is about putting the new exe in %AppData%\uTorrent\updates directory, then, why call the feature as "automatic update"? It's more tedious than just double clicking an installer and thus upgrading the current version.

The "automatic update" which people are used to, as seen in Chrome, Firefox, Windows, Linux etc are way better than this feature that it's a shame that utorrent decided to call the feature they provide as "automatic update". What utorrent provides is not a feature then, it's just a additional pain!

What DWK tried to explain:

If the devs think that a build is worth to get public to all the folks out there, they have to put this build (exe) manually on the automatic update server system.

Without this a build (even if it's called "stable") only the forums visitors know about it and get it.

What DWK tried to explain:

If the devs think that a build is worth to get public to all the folks out there, they have to put this build (exe) manually on the automatic update server system.

Without this a build (even if it's called "stable") only the forums visitors know about it and get it.

Thanks. That explains it and makes sense, given there is no preference in the client to update for minor version changes.

My RSS test:

I've tried several times the following "start-up" sequence (using 34727 stable) and the RSS feed scanner never start working for me:

1. Set the client to auto-start when Windows starts (pref.->general)

2. Exit

3. Logoff Windows from the current user

4. Login again to Windows (same user), and have uTorrent auto-start

5. After a few seconds – check the RSS view, and see that it is blank. It will not auto-scan after that any more either.

Do you get different results?

BTW, starting the client *manually* does seem to have higher success rate with RSS... :)

I'm having the same problem with 34944 stable, refreshing rss feed or manually starting uttorent does temporarily solve the problem but that's beside the point.

rafi, on 11 Oct 2014 - 5:46 PM, said:snapback.png

My RSS test:

I've tried several times the following "start-up" sequence (using 34727 stable) and the RSS feed scanner never start working for me:

1. Set the client to auto-start when Windows starts (pref.->general)

2. Exit

3. Logoff Windows from the current user

4. Login again to Windows (same user), and have uTorrent auto-start

5. After a few seconds – check the RSS view, and see that it is blank. It will not auto-scan after that any more either.

Do you get different results?

BTW, starting the client *manually* does seem to have higher success rate with RSS... :)

I'm having the same problem with 34944 stable, refreshing rss feed or manually starting uttorent does temporarily solve the problem but that's beside the point.

I'm on Win7, with an older C2D CPU. You? Seems like for some people it  works ok, though. Strange:

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/93411-rss-feed-not-updating-automatically/?p=495829

bug:

when i set in preferences->directories->"Location of .torrents", when it is set  [%AppData%\uTorrent\torr] - this doesn't work.

in older version, the .torrents was saved into "%AppData%\uTorrent\torr" =>

"C:\Documents and Settings\root\Application Data\uTorrent\torr".

but at the moment, it is saved in

"C:\Documents and Settings\root\Application Data\uTorrent\%AppData%\uTorrent\torr"

In the latest build 35141 the start torrent, stop torrent, remove torrent, move up queue and move down queue options are all shaded and cannot be selected. Now only right clicking helps to do those functions. Does anyone else face this problem?  It worked fine in previous builds.

Archived