3.4.x stable

cmeisel

And so, finally was freed from pernicious, screen-destroying uTorrent ads for just under 2 weeks, after reading further about and making further uTorrent Advanced and hidden Advanced tweaks.  And then . . . .

Today, I get a BitTorrent Bundle ad whenever I maximize uTorrent on my screen, taking over my entire uTorrent window.  If I X out of it, it comes back the next time I open uTorrent or maximize it.  And again.  And again.  And again.  I had made no changes to my uTorrent setup.

OK, once is acceptable, as a compromise.  But to never go away?  Is there any way to turn this off, or is the only way, to abandon uTorrent entirely?  As a presumable attempt at a revenue-generating scheme, this perniciousness is as bad as it gets, and is self-defeatist--irritating and totally turning off consumers is far from a key to success.  Really, it is as bad and irritating as obnoxious Internet spam websites.

Please help?  (And, yes, I did do multiple searches on this issue before posting.)

qBittorrent just released updated version last September, give it a try.

The only thing that kept me from moving completely is because I have so many seeded files, but I'm slowly migrating them to qBittorrent.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way to turn this off

This new combination of settings is (currently) working for me. It might be worth a try...

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/93313-whole-utorrent-window-is-blank-after-minimizing-and-maximizing/#entry495081

If they don't work, try the latest stable of BitTorrent. There seems to be no nonsense with previous settings being altered.

While clicking and holding F2/shift simutaneously click on advanced to get to the hidden advanced settings. Then disable/false the gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes setting.

I have that  (and the others) set to false, but that part you hilited in the image is still showing in my side bar.

Any ideas?  3.4.2 build 34024

Edit: nevermind, i had the gui_show_plus_upsell in regualr adv filters set to false.  Not the cool hidden ones.  got it now, thanks :)

Is it my imagination or is 34727 a significant cut above the malaise of dev output the past 6 months?  Last time I said something like this was 3.3.2-30586 which marked the arrival of v3.4.  Maybe we're actually on the verge of 3.4.3.  When they finally get it right its back to the drawing board. ;)

My RSS test:

I've tried several times the following "start-up" sequence (using 34727 stable) and the RSS feed scanner never start working for me:

1. Set the client to auto-start when Windows starts (pref.->general)
2. Exit
3. Logoff Windows from the current user
4. Login again to Windows (same user), and have uTorrent auto-start
5. After a few seconds – check the RSS view, and see that it is blank. It will not auto-scan after that any more either.

Do you get different results?

BTW, starting the client *manually* does seem to have higher success rate with RSS... :)

define "working"?

It looks like autoupdate working, sometimes.

sometimes? this was the situation till now...

Yeap, thx! Not working after client is restart )

The bot keeps track of the keywords in the logs changes utorrent, apparently this is also useless, you just have to wait. While searching for the appropriate alternative.

Does anybody also have the problem with wrong indication of the "Relevance" value (since long time)?

Yes, I have. In my client, the "Relevence" for many peers are showing 0.0 though they have 100% content, while some other are showing correctly. I run Windows 7 and my torrent was still downloading.

Archived