why is 1.2 so much slower for me?

razzy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

v1.2 is the fastest version yet, i have now fully removed myself from Team AZureus :D :w00t: :D

Took less than 1second to download, around 1 minute to set up, and im maxxed out on a public torrent

Same torrent on AZureus i've been trying for over 3 days to get a good speed... Downloading at 10KB/sec, uploading at 22KB/sec

Same torrent on µTorrent, i'm downloading at 110KB/sec and uploading at 25KB/sec

Absolutely INCREDIBLE :yikes: Party on team µTorrent!

Additional info: EventID patched to 500 simultaneous half-open connections

Global Max Connections: 200

max Number of Connections Per Torrent: 50

net.max_halfopen = 8 (default)

Edit: Testimonial left as requested :D

I feel like 1.2 (and probably 1.1.7.2) is pretty slow too. Getting around 20kB/s global max now for 3 torrents. I followed http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Good_settings too but not much (if any) improvement. Maybe it IS the torrents. :/ I really hope so.

Now we all KNOW by now *dont we?* that ALL torrents dont go at the same speeds, you cant max out EVERY torrent, too many variables involved that we have NO control over. However, we also know our machines *some of us* and the impression that 1.2 is slower for you may be warranted. If that really IS the case, I think you have all heard me sing this song enough that you all know the words by now........

*cues music track*

settings, settings, settings.......tweak away my friends, settings, steeings, settings.....that is the fun part :D

A lot of it IS indeed in the settings, and the environment... whether it be a public tracker where people are ratio'd TO share, or public trackers, where people share if/when they feel like it at whatever speed they have amongst however many torrents!!!

Private trackers, 50 concurrents connections will almost ALWAYS max you out

Public Trackers, 50 concurrent connections will/MAY eventually max you out if SOME people are actually bothering to share properly!

As BlackLion said... "settings, settings, settings.......tweak away my friends, settings, steeings, settings.....that is the fun part :D"

If your using a public tracker a lot of times people with cap their upload to 2k or so just so they don't have to upload.

Yep. hate pubs for that, gotta love DHT when you are there. µT sucks them right down on good priv trackers. havent fired up the Comet since 1.2 came out and I dont intend to. They come a bit slow on pubs unless there are a gajillion seeds and even then its spotty.

Archived