4 features. Easy work for developers.

dImItrIs69

My sentiments exactly, Firon.

* I'm not sure about the need to have a second proxy for peer connections, why not just the same? Extending the proxy to peers has already been requested though.

* I also like #2.

* Don't even get started with #3, that was discussed extensively and it's pointless. We don't need an Azureus look-a-like, do we? uTorrent should be defining design, not following others.

* And #4 is overkill when there are so much better tools that already exist to do that outside uTorrent.

i prefer two panels.

I really like how downloading torrents are on the top half of the window in azureus, and seeding torrents are in the lower half.

If this client strives to be azureus then they should implement this simple feature.

I too would like to seee a GUI for ip filtering. Azureus has it in its options. So that would be the proper place for it.

Firon, let the people decide how they want to use it. Misuse...yeah...right.

* Torrent creation: ignore files (thumbs.db, etc)

I like this idea a lot. Other files that may need to be ignored are desktop.ini, folder.jpg.. any others?

* Efficient "block ip" manager (i like Azureus's manager)

Easy work for developers? I don't think so, also I agree with Firon, use PeerGuardian / Protowall etc. if you are that concerned about blocking peers..

• 2 months later...

sorry to bump this but can we please have torrents being made ignore thumbs.db, folder.jpg etc... customizable, but at least block thumbs.db as default. it causes lots of problems on the site i'm on with clients re-downloading peices, never at 100% etc...

Hm... Does it also ignore those stupid hidden files that Macs create after browsing any folder? My sister sometimes browses my shared folders (which I allow writing to -- a dropbox) on her Mac, and it creates the stupid .DS_store and whatnot...

Edit: Erf I'd apply this "fix", but stupid Apple is unclear as to what "unexpected behavior" exactly is (one example isn't really enough =P)...

You do notice I said I use it as a dropbox, right? And you do notice the intentional "which I allow writing to," yah? If I weren't using it as a dropbox (which entails that I have the shared folder writable), I'd have no reason to be annoyed.

Either way, this wasn't a request, just an inquiry, so I'm not sure why a workaround is being suggested (I found one myself, just don't know the consequences of using it -.-).

Archived