µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

I'm using build 13910 and seeing the 100% CPU bug. It was installed over build 1.8.1.

When I made a clean install it worked, no cpu spike. Strangely after quitting and reopening (my router crashed) the bug came once again. I deleted settings.dat and the other stuff so it was like a clean install again, and worked again. There is something going on, like, something triggers this bug, not every install, no idea what is that.

Don't know if it help but when the bug occur the speed meter goes to 1.5 or 2Mb (my connection is 500k/200k). (calc_overhead = on)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using build 13910 and seeing the 100% CPU bug. It was installed over build 1.8.1.

When I made a clean install it worked, no cpu spike. Strangely after quitting and reopening (my router crashed) the bug came once again. I deleted settings.dat and the other stuff so it was like a clean install again, and worked again. There is something going on, like, something triggers this bug, not every install, no idea what is that.

Don't know if it help but when the bug occur the speed meter goes to 1.5 or 2Mb (my connection is 500k/200k). (calc_overhead = on)

Do you have another uTorrent client running on your local network?

Uploading crashdump now... 74MB, is it supposed to be that big?

One thing I noticed that may help is utorrent don't show this bug if there are no torrents active when you open it, don't know if happens when a torrent is started after...

Here you go:

www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=acd7982c8e178c5fd2db6fb9a8902bda

The file is zipped... so its small ;)

I tested opening with no active torrents and AFTER opening starting a torrent, result: bug.

I get slow upload speed... My upload line speed capacity is 32KB/s and this new version my upload rate does no more than 4KB/s, with uTP/TCP - TCP Only - uTP Only, and calc_overhead true and false..

I go now to 1.8.1 stable version and waiting new version Beta to test...

This is a very good work uTP, i activated more than 10 torrents and more than 300 connections established and my internet resources does not unplugged or crash... In netstat dont' show the TCP connections, all connections in UTP running at proccess.

I don't understand but a utorrent 1.9 is in low speed.. uTP is not a problem... The uTorrent in other side have a problem to get full speed line...

If i haved 1.9 and have more than 300 connections, my ping in my isp does not up more than 50ms... This is a very good line and utorrent not understand capacity to up speed.

Uploading crashdump now... 74MB, is it supposed to be that big?

One thing I noticed that may help is utorrent don't show this bug if there are no torrents active when you open it, don't know if happens when a torrent is started after...

Here you go:

www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=acd7982c8e178c5fd2db6fb9a8902bda

The file is zipped... so its small ;)

I tested opening with no active torrents and AFTER opening starting a torrent, result: bug.

Thanks. I'll send you a test build.

Well, it doesn't make much sense that TCP only would upload slower on 1.9 than on 1.8.1. Nothing really changed there.

Also, please try with uTP only using the logging build (13911) and post the logs here.

Yeah.. i reinstalled using this 13911 version and post to you log events.. I using now uTP Only with others configs defaults...

Greg, i upload my log... Read this and reply this topic for your conclusions. I stay with 1.9 version in low speed for more tests you request... Thanks...

http://www.mediafire.com/?zny4hlzyzzg

I think I found out what is causing my problem. I belive its the unstable speed limit utorrent forces onto uTP connections.

I watched netlimiter. I could set utorrent on 1600kB/s limit and IPTV is streaming at a steady 530kB/s +- a few. So when I set the limit to 1600 and forcing only TCP connections. Netlimiter showed stable 2150+- few. My max is about 2340kB/s without overheads.

Then I did the same with uTP only connections. It jumped well over 2150 all the way to 2250+- few.

Now I forced the speed limit to 1450kB/s which shows on netlimiter as 2110+- few and the picture is fine again. Looks like its just not limiting the uTP connection as good as it is TCP connections.

Another thing I noticed compared to 1.8.1

At a limit of 1450kB/s 1.9 shows its also downloading in utorrent with a speed of around 110-115kB/s in NetLimiter.

In 1.8.1 I only get about 8-10kB/s of download in utorrent when only seeding when checking with NetLimiter.

That seems to be cause by uTP also since when I only use TCP. I get same results as with 1.8.1. Just about 8-10kB/s of download.

I think I found out what is causing my problem. I belive its the unstable speed limit utorrent forces onto uTP connections.

I watched netlimiter. I could set utorrent on 1600kB/s limit and IPTV is streaming at a steady 530kB/s +- a few. So when I set the limit to 1600 and forcing only TCP connections. Netlimiter showed stable 2150+- few. My max is about 2340kB/s without overheads.

Then I did the same with uTP only connections. It jumped well over 2150 all the way to 2250+- few.

Now I forced the speed limit to 1450kB/s which shows on netlimiter as 2110+- few and the picture is fine again. Looks like its just not limiting the uTP connection as good as it is TCP connections.

Can you give me the results for the "TCP, unthrottled" test?

Another thing I noticed compared to 1.8.1

At a limit of 1450kB/s 1.9 shows its also downloading in utorrent with a speed of around 110-115kB/s in NetLimiter.

In 1.8.1 I only get about 8-10kB/s of download in utorrent when only seeding when checking with NetLimiter.

That seems to be cause by uTP also since when I only use TCP. I get same results as with 1.8.1. Just about 8-10kB/s of download.

No, this is not caused by uTP, this is due to net.calc_overhead.

How is this different from the log you pasted previously? Wasn't that uTP unthrottled too?

If you use TCP unthrottled, do you see errors in video playback as well, similar to the errors you see with uTP unthrottled? The logging mechanism does not capture statistics for TCP, so you're going to have to try to play video externally and see if it is disrupted.

Sorry that was TCP unthrottled not uTP of course. No errors in bit rate producion but the picture can stutter also when I run out of bandwith due to a to high limit.

So basically with uTP I get pixel loss, green squares

With TCP stuttering or even a complete block if speed limit to high.

But its easier to set a proper speed limit with TCP only since uTP is abit jumpy.

But it does, if you set the limit, right? You said:

So when I set the limit to 1600 and forcing only TCP connections. Netlimiter showed stable 2150+- few. My max is about 2340kB/s without overheads.

Now I forced the speed limit [for uTP] to 1450kB/s which shows on netlimiter as 2110+- few and the picture is fine again.

So 2150 for TCP and 2110 for uTP? That seems pretty high to me.

Archived