µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

I did 50 in Windows. Browsing failed when I was on 10 half-opens. I'll post back results tomorrow, my internet is pretty crappy, I can only test in the morning. Oh btw, stopping the torrents does make browsing work again... but that was because I restarted(as I can't change the tcpip.sys without restarting). I'll test them in your conditions and post results tomorrow.

I didn't mention this before, I was also seeding 5 torrents during that period. Max upload is set at 18kB/s(my connection should be able to handle up to 24 kB/s of upload).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm the connection doesn't seem to be stressed, more like clogged. I was able to use mIRC flawlessly, and my other pcs can use the internet while I'm dloading. It's probably my connection, too unstable to use cFosSpeed. I guess I'll need to find another prioritisation software, as I'm getting slower speeds with cFosSpeed during unstable periods.

There's no need to dwell in this any longer, it's getting towards support.

Yes, that's correct, P means the peer is communicating over uTP.

Why it's still showing it? Don't know, could be that alus simply forgot, could be that it makes it easier to differentiate for the time being while this is still in beta testing. Either way, though, it doesn't really matter, and you can almost definitely expect that it'll be removed by the time stable rolls around anyway.

There is some funkyness with IPv6 and WindowsXP. Please see http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=389323.

As I said here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=388163#p388163

these issues are probably related to the NIC driver. uTorrent should not be able to cause a bluescreen by using IPv6. Please contact your NIC manufacturer or Microsoft and let them know about the bug.

Sir.... "Alpha"? Under Help->About µTorrent, I see "Beta". Secondly I, like others, see a definite loss of available bandwidth when using other programs requiring internet data. HOWEVER, I see a dramatic increase in speed within µTorrent. No errors thus far.

Running Windows 7 build 7k

Edited to provide addition information:

Below is a performance log of my system while running this build. The orange line is µTorrent only.

24q5uom.png

Secondly I, like others, see a definite loss of available bandwidth when using other programs requiring internet data.

Does that mean that other applications have less bandwidth available to them when uTorrent is running, or uTorrent has less bandwidth available when other programs are running?

two issues:

1) New: uT is not keeping the download speed limit on individual torrent in the following case:

- limit the torrent and download

- pause the torrent for a minute

- continue

with a "good" torrent, at this point, the speed rockets, and only after a minute or so - returned to the set limit. I guess there is some math problem in this scenario

80963756vn8.th.jpg

2) Old: effecting of Internet traffic when 3-4 torrents are downloading (~200-300 connections, 14K UL limit, 20K max UL, XP SP2 patched to 100 connections/sec)

This issues was already mentioned. I just wanted to add another aspect/side-effect - when you have RSS on (like I do...) and about 8-10 feeds, when there are those 3-4 downloads going, the RSS scanner itself starts issuing time-out messages for most feeds, and cannot get to scan them. As soon as I pause/stop the downloads it regains conciensnes... :)

First off, I'll list my newset problem.(For legality and to abide by the forum rules, we will say the torrent is Naked Empire, and their album Bottom feeders [ A freely available torrent placed online via their band -- available at demonoid ] ) So I have 400 Megs of a 363 MB file and the torrent continues to download at ONE AND SEVEN TENTHS KBS (plenty of seeders). WOW I'm sporting a connection so fast that the road-runner would shit his pants if I googled "BEEP-BEEP". So I Restart µTorrent 1.9 AND THE TORRENT NOW REPORTS ONLY 38.6% COMPLETED (It was at 99.9%). It's like a strip club... you can look but you can't touch.

Secondly to answer your questions:

Greg Hazel: I have not noticed a decrease in µTorrent's bandwidth with other programs running, but I have noticed that I could play 9 innings of baseball and take a shower and I might have finally loaded a search on Demonoid. ( sorry for the sarcasm )

I have also noticed that unless I have only one torrent downloading at a time, it seems like it takes forever. For instance... I normally run 6-8 torrents at a time and have about 15 queued (normal torrent size is 4.7-8.4 GB: yes, i'm swimming in terrabytes) This continues all day every day. I have had the same 12 torrents on my list for a week, and my list is getting too large to keep up with now. I have also noticed a new problem, and this could jus be an error in win7 b7k, but every new torrent that I try to add (when µTorrent.exe is running or when it is not running) I am reported with an error stating that µTorrent is running and not responding.

(edit to answer second question)

rafi: Yes I have the download speed limited to 6000 kbs most of the time, and I change it depending apon where and what connection I am using. For instance: I'm on a slow wifi signal in a coffee shop, some only being a 10mbs or even 1.54mbs, I adjust accordingly. The point is, no matter how fast my connect is, it seems like µTorrent is cutting fat lines of 56K and snorting them, then sitting on it's ass.

Two items:

1) I have noticed something similar to rafi's peak scenario, although it seems to happen as the torrent is contunally running. WHat it does is it will increase in speed and then all of a sudden drop back to where it was, and it does this continually. After a few minutes or so it evens out and sticks to the slower speed.

1.1) Sometimes it does exactly what rafi is describing.

2) I have noticed that I have to keep the upload slower then what I want it to be at otherwise it transfers too fast and screws over the download. Its like the original case, where the overhead was causing issues, but not as harsh. I have net.calc_overhead set to true and it improves it but there is a difference. For example the upload rate of 27.7 kB/sec in μTorrent is reading as 31.6 from a throughput meter. μTorrent also never hits my throttle amount of 30 kB/sec, 28 is as close as it gets.

Scott

@cameron.says.hey

"I have also noticed a new problem, and this could jus be an error in win7 b7k, but every new torrent that I try to add (when µTorrent.exe is running or when it is not running) I am reported with an error stating that µTorrent is running and not responding."

I was having this problem with firefox on W7, and found that its caused when you make a partition with a third-party tool (partition magic or something else) instead of making it inside windows install. To make sure do a chkdsk scan, if it says no problem you are good to go, otherwise you gonna need to reformat and install W7 again, this time formatting by botting a dvd or a pendrive.

Archived