µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be having a minor problem with 1.8.1 and it doesn't look like it's on the fix list: If I close utorrent while uploading torrents that are finished but not completely downloaded (i.e. only some of the files are selected), then when I start it back up sometimes the first or last chunks of the selected files have gone missing, causing a file missing error.

Yes I did assume... I have never had that error before with any prior versions. I would also like to say that I am at 10 restarts and and like 20 times of trying to get µTorrent to start. As soon as the main window appears, it becomes non responsive. This occured right after I set up "automaticaly load torrents from folder" and delete torrents after loading. The program started maybe 3 times, but would not load any torrents properly (I had an "invalid torrent file" like 30 times from multiple torrents from multiple trackers and sites) and it refused to load or attempt to load anything from my torrent folder.

I have defined max of 200 connected peers per download, I have 1 download going and I get ~150 connected peers, then I see the connectING statistics drops to 0 (or close) .

For testing I increased the max # of peers to 500, and immediately got ~10-12 connectING uTP/TCP peers. See screen-shots.

Why is that ? I expect to see none 0 number of connecting peers all the times as long as I don't reach my defined max. Does

this indicate some kind of bug ?

78290375jr5.th.jpg 22334201kd3.th.jpg

going back to 1.8.1 until alpha has been fixed enough. I am running a beta firewall and antivirus, a beta os, and an alpha version of µTorrent. I just can't stand the errors anymore. I will be more than happy to test future builds, but this on win7 b7k is just outrageously retarded. I am constantly pissing in the wind and now I am going to turn off the fan.

Edit Note: I have found an easy solution to the invalid .torrent files. In IE8, enable compatibility viewing of all pages through Tools->Compatibility View Settings: check the box next to "Display all sites in Compatibility View"

Even µTorrent 1.8.1 Build 12639 has this problem within Windows 7 Build 7000. So now that I am back on the beta, I have noticed the errors are still great meaning it's a win7 thing. I do not have a torrent that has wasted under 55 mb. it seems like it downloads everything to 99.9% and then freezes up forcing me to press the hourly used micosoft key combos. My laptop seems to be going down the porcelain express, as all I ever do is watch movies and play games. With win7 and virtual clonedrive not being compatible, I have lost games. I guess it's time to go back to knoppix.

Can anyone help me i`m getting 100% CPU usage when using 1.9 alpha.It happened last time so i reinstalled 1.8 then i decided to use 1.9 because i know i got better speeds with 1.9 it worked for a few weeks then suddenly the 100% CPU usage came back yesterday any advice or what to do?

Note:It only reaches 100% CPU usage when using bt.transp_disposition 255 and 10.Seems like it lags when im using uTP connections.Though i think uTP connections actually the source of my previous fast speeds any advice?I want to use uTP.

Archived