µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you set net.calc_overhead to false, I'm sure you will retrieve the common rates you had before.

Thanks that worked.

How fast can you upload while only seeding?

Around 92 kB

During download i can upload around 82 kB/s

my total connection speed is:

383280508.png

I also had a problem with the firewall in Windows 7, The Logger said "Error opening Windows firewall: 0x80070005 Access is denied.", bu everything seemed to work fine.

Running uTorrent.exe as an administrator once solved the problem because it added 2 rules to the firewall.

firewall.png

Hi

New here,

Just wanted to say i'v recently had lots od problems with few versions of utorrent, when i used it it blocked all other traffic, msn, emails, web browsing etc..

though the utorrent kept d/l at full speed

This 1.9 version is the only one that doesnt do that

im using it now and everything runs great though the speeds seems slower than the other versions but atleast i can use the internet

so its cool for me

:)

"Can you test this again, with no upload or download rate limits? (both set to "Unlimited")

"I know it seems backward, but it might work, and demonstrate that we can improve something."

I had no limits on that test and everything was set to default. Its just that I could not reach my max upload with this client cuz UTP seedings seems to be alot slower and it eventually froze up. I cant reach it either on the norma 1.9x without the logging feature which does not freeze up. But my computer is pretty strong. Q9300 with 8GB memory.

The test was with no limit? You previously said:

I get fully distorted picture with lots of squares all over it with a low limit like 1300 kByte/s what's about 60% of my full upload which is 2350 kByte/s.

Which made me think you were setting a limit of 1300 kB/s.

No I had no limits at no point when testing this when I uploading the results.

What I meant before is that I did test it with limiting to 1300 and streaming IPTv. But when I actually did the log test I had IPTV streaming turned off and utorrent set to unlimited.

Yeah but not before Friday when I'm at the other location and there computer again.

However I did test It to some point before and I believe the 1300 was the limit for 1.9 and 1600 for 1.8.1. But will test again since the bandwidth differs from 150kB/s all the way to 900kB/s but is usually around 450-550kB/s

Yeah but not before Friday when I'm at the other location and there computer again.

However I did test It to some point before and I believe the 1300 was the limit for 1.9 and 1600 for 1.8.1. But will test again since the bandwidth differs from 150kB/s all the way to 900kB/s but is usually around 450-550kB/s

Sorry, why would a limit of 1300kB/s do anything if the available bandwidth is only 450-550kB/s, max of 900kB/s?

RL3, the problem with the other versions was probably that you were giving too much upload bandwidth to uTorrent to use. You should probably try using Switeck's "Recommended settings" optimization thread with older versions to properly compare..

i dont think that was the problem cause it started right away when i open Utorrent, even before it started uploading

+ i have net limiter and i limit Utorrent's upload to 50%

what eles could it be?

So to be clear, here are the tests you have run:

TCP, throttled (1300kB/s limit ?)

uTP, unthrottled

I could also use results for:

TCP, unthrottled

uTP, throttled (1300kB/s limit ?)

The current theory is that your router does not have a significant buffer - this would explain the inability to affect ping times while uploading unthrottled. So instead of delaying a packet, it would simply drop it. Packets that make it through have no extra significant delay. In this case I believe uTP will perform no worse that TCP, but basically the same. Your tests will prove that one way or the other.

Sadly it seems the utp function is totally ineffective against throttling.

After a short period of time the equipment used sees through this and you are throttled again.

This can take days or longer depending on where you live and how heavily its used in your area but in the end the equipment wins.

Not too much of a surprise since we are talking deep packet inspection here and the bittorent pattern still remains.

It does make it harder but no more so then burying you traffic on a port for encrypted traffic.

This may differ depending on your area and what equipments used but for us up north its wait tell after 2am...lol.

Ahh well worth a try.

So I noticed effectiveness of uTP when used with QOS. Current problem is the TCP side of it doesn't scale that quick enough, so using my Linksys GL router with Tomato firmware installed I setup a QOS rule. Pretty much the QOS rule sets out TCP only connections on my uTorrent port to a Low priority ... UDP is not classified, which automatically gives it the Lowest priority. Now whenever I use uTorrent it seems to scale a lot better, and other applications ie. Newsgroup (AltBinz) becomes more responsive. I think what is happening is that uTP perfectly scales back based on congestion, and TCP stays within the users preset levels, uTP sort of covers the slack as it will pick up more speed when things are uncongested and slows down when the network is saturated ... while TCP remains constant.

net.calc_overhead will always be needed if you want to include overhead in the rate limiting. Some people prefer actual data transfer rates to be used as the limiting factor.

@magnus33: Indeed, uTP wasn't meant to get around throttling in the first place. The sole purpose was to allow for greater flow control, and the switch to UDP only allowed it to bypassed the TCP RST attack (as a natural side-effect of the change more than an intended side effect). Profiling of uTP is bound to happen again just like it happened for TCP (as you're already noticing).

<quote>So to be clear, here are the tests you have run:

TCP, throttled (1300kB/s limit ?)

uTP, unthrottled

I could also use results for:

TCP, unthrottled

uTP, throttled (1300kB/s limit ?)

The current theory is that your router does not have a significant buffer - this would explain the inability to affect ping times while uploading unthrottled. So instead of delaying a packet, it would simply drop it. Packets that make it through have no extra significant delay. In this case I believe uTP will perform no worse that TCP, but basically the same. Your tests will prove that one way or the other.</quote>

Firstly how do you quote on this forum :P .

I will do the test again then With "255", "5" and "10"

I don't know about the router because I have none really. I just have the fiber modem from my ISP.

but as I said before regardless of any low buffers or so. I still can not reach my full upload with 1.9 unthrottled (no limit).

So this is the primarly problem here, since you want me to reach the may max upload but utorrent 1.9 cant with the same 5 torrents where 1.8.1 can reach just fine, even with just one of them running.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Archived