µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the forum but have been apart of the community for about 6 months. Sitting back and reading the posts makes me wonder if it is really all worth the up to 1.9. I installed 1.9 over 1.8.1 and can't even find this uTP. When I installed 1.8.1 back in September, it was a huge awakening to me. I had been using Lamewire and Morpheus for a couple of years and really should have figured this out years ago. Now that I'm a newb/happy user/donor, I need some info to help me help others. When I installed 1.9 and rebooted, uT shows a 1.9 version but I do not see the uTP. If uTP is the "nextgen" for uT then first year runners like myself need some help to help others. Every drop down and option I select in 1.9, doesn't show this uTP. Build 13910 has performed just fine for me, but if uTP is the cutting edge for great speed, then please let me know what I need to do to help me help you. Thank you for the time to pick your brains!!!!!

New to the forum but have been apart of the community for about 6 months. Sitting back and reading the posts makes me wonder if it is really all worth the up to 1.9. I installed 1.9 over 1.8.1 and can't even find this uTP. When I installed 1.8.1 back in September, it was a huge awakening to me. I had been using Lamewire and Morpheus for a couple of years and really should have figured this out years ago. Now that I'm a newb/happy user/donor, I need some info to help me help others. When I installed 1.9 and rebooted, uT shows a 1.9 version but I do not see the uTP. If uTP is the "nextgen" for uT then first year runners like myself need some help to help others. Every drop down and option I select in 1.9, doesn't show this uTP. Build 13910 has performed just fine for me, but if uTP is the cutting edge for great speed, then please let me know what I need to do to help me help you. Thank you for the time to pick your brains!!!!!

uTP is enabled by default - no need to configure anything. :)

the horrible +10msec ping delay ? ... just kidding .... :)

anything new with the issue of following more closely the UL limit ?

PS/edit:

With our poor connections here (~20KB max) when I set it to 14, it reaches it from time to time and get web pages not to open ... (yes, in spite of the UDP theory...)

of course I mean. what about the poeple who have connections like 25Mbit/1Mbit.

If you see that when I upload at full 20Mbit I get some wired download of 90kB/s at the same time in NetLimiter, probably more with overhead. When someone downloads at 25Mbit they probably cant upload anymore. Or maybe they cant even reach there full download potential anymore either.

What will this mean of torrent community when there full upload is taken just to handle the uTP requests?

Hey guys just have a question? When using UT 1.9 i get super good uploads only when i DOWNLOAD but when just SEEDING my upload is down to like 1kB/s any ideas???? All ports are opened, and upload and download are set to unlimited

Please run the logging build, 13911, for about 5 minutes. Exit uTorrent than post the log files here.

Hello, I registered just to post a bug. I'll get straight to it.

In build 13910, after downloading TWO heavily seeded torrent overnight (and the download is still running the next day), Firefox refuses to let me surf the web. However, I still could surf the web through another computer on the network. So I went and checked Help>Statistics under utorrent.

I found out that the half-open connection is 8.... it might be related. I came to the conclusion that it is at fault. I'm still doing tests though, now I'm running with 50 max half-open connections (windows' default is 10 I believe, so I'm not sure why it failed to let me surf the web). Btw, my mIRC is running at that time and there's no lag for mIRC at all.

Settings were 100 connections per torrent and I'm running cFosSpeed. I'll report back in an hour, that should be enough to saturate the connection I guess...

Hello, I registered just to post a bug. I'll get straight to it.

In build 13910, after downloading TWO heavily seeded torrent overnight (and the download is still running the next day), Firefox refuses to let me surf the web. However, I still could surf the web through another computer on the network. So I went and checked Help>Statistics under utorrent.

I found out that the half-open connection is 8.... it might be related. I came to the conclusion that it is at fault. I'm still doing tests though, now I'm running with 50 max half-open connections (windows' default is 10 I believe, so I'm not sure why it failed to let me surf the web). Btw, my mIRC is running at that time and there's no lag for mIRC at all.

Settings were 100 connections per torrent and I'm running cFosSpeed. I'll report back in an hour, that should be enough to saturate the connection I guess...

If you stop the torrents, does browsing work again? Where did you set the number of half-open connections to 50? In uT or Windows?

Archived