µTorrent 1.8.2 released

Firon

New release, some minor fixes while we work on the 1.9 tree.

http://download.utorrent.com/1.8.2/utorrent.exe

--- 2009-05-05: Version 1.8.2 (build 15357)

-Change: installer increases the Ask rollout to 100%

--- 2009-04-28: Version 1.8.2 (build 15285)

-Change: installer increases the Ask rollout to 50%

--- 2009-04-23: Version 1.8.2 (build 15227)

- Change: installer increases the Ask rollout to 10%

- Change: If the toolbar download fails, it retries to download it from "download.utorrent.com/offers/…". It only retries once.

--- 2009-04-15: Version 1.8.2 (build 15167)

- Change: Scam site warning in installer

- Change: Cancel in installer now aborts the process

--- 2009-02-03: Version 1.8.2 (build 14458)

- Fix: installer crashes after installing on Vista

--- 2009-02-02: Version 1.8.2 (build 14442)

- Fix: total downloaded and total uploaded was being truncated to 32-bit integer (affected only 14153)

- Change: installer will appear based on revision number instead of executable modification time

--- 2009-01-24: Version 1.8.2 (build 14153)

- Feature: allow btsearch bundling

- Change: add bt.transp_disposition value (3) for uTP-only

- Change: allow 16kB piece sizes

- Fix: PEX address parsing bug

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@guijarrelson: read the first post of uT 1.9 alpha http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=49813

What was in 1.8.1:

uTP, but connection attempts were not initiated by default, and there was no control over TCP as described above. You can enable it, but likely you will see the uTP connections not transfering much data, because they are pushed out of the way by TCP.

Maybe a mod can confirm, but it's surely the same thing for uT 1.8.2.

@ moogly

Yeah, I read it before post this. But I understand that is only applicable to 1.9 alpha, not in 1.8.x. uTP are implemented in the 1.8.2?

In additional, I had bt.transp_disposition set in 0.

I saw this:

255 - both TCP and uTP (default)

10 - uTP only

5 - TCP only

But 0 don't have any meaning. Is that true?

Hi,

Greetings!

Start getting a bunch of these logged, with the new 1.8.2:

[date time] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:XXXXX: [XXX x.xx .....]: Got Cancel Unrequested: nnn:nnnnnn->16384

AND

[date time] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:XXXXX: [XXX x.xx .....]: Got Request while choked: nnn:nnnnnn->16384

Is it normal? What this means? Is bandwidth overhead supposed to increase with these?

btw: bt.transp_disposition is set to "0".

THANKS FOR BOTH GREAT WINNERS APP & SUPPORT.

- Feature: allow btsearch bundling

What is that exactly??

how exactly does btsearch bundling work? how do you make a bundle?

I tried to bundle btsearch too. But I cannot find out a solution. :(

I place .btsearch next to utorrent.exe (settings directory is deleted). I run ut.exe , but .btsearch isn't added.

Is it needed to run ut.exe with any -SWITCH?

There is one of my .btsearch

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<OpenSearchDescription>

<ShortName>mininova</ShortName>

<Url template="http://www.mininova.org/search/?search="/>

</OpenSearchDescription>

.btsearch is a specification file to add torrent search engines to the box within the client.

http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0018.html

@emc : the bundling system is actually to allow people (most likely torrent search engine operators) to link to copies of uTorrent with their search engine preloaded in the search box. This will be done via a web side script at utorrent.com, but is not publicly available yet. If you already have a .btsearch file for a search engine you'd like to add with an existing utorrent.exe, you should be able to load it by simply associating utorrent with .btsearch and loading it in Windows.

.btsearch is a specification file to add torrent search engines to the box within the client.

http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0018.html

@emc : the bundling system is actually to allow people (most likely torrent search engine operators) to link to copies of uTorrent with their search engine preloaded in the search box. This will be done via a web side script at utorrent.com, but is not publicly available yet. If you already have a .btsearch file for a search engine you'd like to add with an existing utorrent.exe, you should be able to load it by simply associating utorrent with .btsearch and loading it in Windows.

@Richard Choi

From the last sentence , it is clear that we can associate utorrent with .btsearch by hitting options>preferences>general>associate with .btsearch.

On the other hand ,I am a little bit confused with the statement that "you should be able to load by loading it in windows".What does "it" refer to?If it is the .btsearch file,how can we load it in windows?Or does "it" refer to utorrent.exe so that we simply can

load it by installing utorrent 1.8.2?

thai,

1) associate uTorrent with .btsearch (Preferences - General)

2) create some .btsearch file (see my post before)

3) double click to .btsearch

4) .btsearch will be opened by uTorrent and you will be asked yes/no to add new search engine to uTorrent search box

beznzvubh2.png

Archived