µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

It is normal that the uTorrent launched with 5 torrents and add torrents one by one until all 400 will be added ?

Yes' date=' it is normal, and very good new function. I like it![/quote']

It is normal that the uTorrent when launched and adding some torrents wrote error missing files if rehash torrent wrote 100% completed ?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is normal that the uTorrent launched with 5 torrents and add torrents one by one until all 400 will be added ?

It is normal that the uTorrent when launched and adding some torrents wrote error missing files if rehash torrent wrote 100% completed ?

Okay, usually I'm pretty good at these, but can someone translate this for me?

Okay, usually I'm pretty good at these, but can someone translate this for me?

I think he said that he launched µTorrent and it said "Error: files missing". He did a re-check and the torrent magically went back to 100% completion.

I have my columns sorted so the # column is the primary sort and the Added column is the secondary sort. After updating to the newest build, the secondary sort is all out of order and there's no way to fix it. I noticed that the times are sorted for each date but not the dates themselves. It used to be sorted by date, then time.

I hope this is not just me because my settings.dat is messed up. I think I might have to redo my settings soon if that's the case.

EDIT: OK I just tried it with fresh settings.dat and still having the same problem.

Okay' date=' usually I'm pretty good at these, but can someone translate this for me?[/quote']

I think he said that he launched µTorrent and it said "Error: files missing". He did a re-check and the torrent magically went back to 100% completion.

Yes when i launched µTorrent he start adding torrents

some torrents added with status "Error: files missing"

when i re-check torrents status changed to finished

sorry for bad english

uTorrent 25277 unstable - it is periodically Hang

- System 
  - Provider 
   [ Name]  Application Hang 
  - EventID 1002 
   [ Qualifiers]  0 
   Level 2 
   Task 101 
   Keywords 0x80000000000000 
  - TimeCreated 
   [ SystemTime]  2011-05-12T12:37:34.000000000Z 
   EventRecordID 31346 
   Channel Application 
   Computer DeusExMachina 
   Security 
- EventData 
   utorrent.exe    3.0.0.25277    26cc    01cc109e10dd4cd8    7    D:\uTorrent\utorrent.exe    9511abd1-7c94-11e0-bea1-20cf301b92e2    430072006F00730073002D0074006800720065006100640000000000 

Hello!

Just installed x64 beta, thanks alot for it! i'm looking forward for future stable x64 releases ;)

So... few notes right about installation of x64 version.

1. It should check if there is x32 version installed and correctly kill it's running copy. (i had to uninstall x32 version after x64 already installed. then I had to reinstall x64 because of all settings removed etc)

2. there is no sign of x64 version in software interface itself ;) at least it should say its x64 in About window ;)

With best regards.

The 32-bit version of uTorrent installs in \Program Files (x86)\ by default, while the 64-bit version installs in \Program Files\ by default and updates the shortcuts on the Desktop, Programs menu, and Quick Launch.

Are you meaning if you run the installer while you have uTorrent running? Why would you do that?

Edit: I just noticed that the program does not have a taskbar icon; it uses the default Windows "no defined icon" icon.

The 32-bit version of uTorrent installs in \Program Files (x86)\ by default, while the 64-bit version installs in \Program Files\ by default and updates the shortcuts on the Desktop, Programs menu, and Quick Launch.

Sure, installation folders are fine. Both versions install together. And both run on startup. And i think it is not correct. Then if i uninstall 32-bit version even without deleting preferences - it still cleans up some usefull settings for x64 version like files associations etc.

Are you meaning if you run the installer while you have uTorrent running? Why would you do that?

x64 installer cant kill x32 running process with Access denied error. Though it works good with running x64 version when re-installing. And those who will migrate from x32 version to x64 one (after stable release) surely will need it to work fine (able to kill x32 running process - simply launch it's uninstaller before continuing x64 installation) if we want it go smoothly :)

Edit: I just noticed that the program does not have a taskbar icon; it uses the default Windows "no defined icon" icon.

My icons of x64 version seem to be fine...

after I installed the update of this 3.0 beta x64 25277

my utorrent hanged(not responding), can somebody help me work this out????

+1

-- 2011-05-11: Version 3.0 beta (build 25277)

This build is unstable, everytime i launch utorrent it hangs.

To be more specific, the application crashes until resume.dat is deleted.

The problem disappears when resume.dat is removed.

I have strange error with newest build of x64 on Windows 7...

Install goes great. After install client installs itself automaticaly and all works just fine. The problem is when I close completly uTorrent and try to lounch it from desktop icon, uTorrent tries to install itself again (for infinity).

I would be happy to know how to fix this...

3.0 beta x64 25277

Win7 SP1 x64

Couldn't start torrent - Invalid access to memory location.

STR

1) Download torrent. Exclude some files, which you won't download right now.

2) Wait until utorrent complete download of chosen files.

3) Add some files previously unselected in this torrent

4) Got error

[2011-05-13 21:48:20] IO Error:998 line:257 align:-99 pos:1537867 count:-1938438380 actual:-99

[2011-05-13 21:48:20] Error: SomeTorrent - Invalid access to memory location.

Restarting utorrent and reboot computer didn't help.

Yes. We had complaints that utorrent started up slowly with a lot of torrents, so we changed torrent loading to be asynchronous. This allows the user to interact with the UI immediately, while ut loads all the torrents.

im using build 25277.

i think there is some kind of memory bug in utorrent

when uTorrent is running, ram usage goes up to approximately 4gb

when i close utorrent the ram usage goes down to 1 gb

please fix this

its hard to use utorrent when it eats all your ram :(

screnshots

picture 1

picture 2

picture 3

/northwood

Please send a screen capture of the "Process" tab.

im using build 25277.

i think there is some kind of memory bug in utorrent

when uTorrent is running' date=' ram usage goes up to approximately 4gb

when i close utorrent the ram usage goes down to 1 gb

please fix this

its hard to use utorrent when it eats all your ram :(

[b']screnshots

picture 1

picture 2

picture 3

/northwood

Please send a screen capture of the "Process" tab.

Is it actually the utorrent.exe process eating the ram?

If not, it's windows' disk cache being stupid yet again.

you might be right. it is probably not utorrent itself, but utorrent triggers windows in somehow wich results in all the ram disappearing

something wich makes all the ram go away real fast is re-checking torrents

i took these screenshots while re-checking a torrent

before re-check

during re-check 1

during re-check 2

Another bug - dramatically low upload.

Torrents may downloaded at 3.5MB/s and uploaded at the same time at 20KB/s

same type of UL max speed 500KB/s

after running 2.2.1 (speed takes in 4-10MB/s) UL always bigger than in 3.0 x64 - test running ~8h

after I installed the update of this 3.0 beta x64 25277

my utorrent hanged(not responding)' date=' can somebody help me work this out????[/quote']

+1

-- 2011-05-11: Version 3.0 beta (build 25277)

This build is unstable, everytime i launch utorrent it hangs.

To be more specific, the application crashes until resume.dat is deleted.

The problem disappears when resume.dat is removed.

Save all files, uninstall utorrent, then re-installed 32bits (3.0 beta x32 25277)

then next installed 64bits (3.0 beta x64 25277), now all works fine.

Archived