µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then please help me to solve my problems with it:

1) In previous version my torrents list was shown in strict alphabetic order and it was nice and handy. Now torrents jump back and forth in my list by some mysterious reasons and it takes a lot of time to find a needed torrent among a whole list. How can I get my torrents' order back?

2) In previous version there were direct numbers - how much is downloaded, how much is uploaded and d/u ratio. Now they're gone. How can I get it back?

3) What is those stars? What do they mean? Where can I read about it?

1) In previous version my torrents list was shown in strict alphabetic order and it was nice and handy. Now torrents jump back and forth in my list by some mysterious reasons and it takes a lot of time to find a needed torrent among a whole list. How can I get my torrents' order back?

2) In previous version there were direct numbers - how much is downloaded, how much is uploaded and d/u ratio. Now they're gone. How can I get it back?

1) Click on the Name tab above the torrents to arrange into alphabetical order.

2) Right click on the Name tab - or any of the other tabs along that line - then you can add (or remove) the column details you require by clicking on any listed. Current ones selected are checked.

After the last update (to 25824), I started to get this in the log at every uTorrent start:

[2011-11-06 00:16:57] -------------- Let the install BEGIN! -------------

[2011-11-06 00:16:57] V8 bundle: Failed to get bundle offset

What is it attempting to install and why was there no mention of this in the changelog? :/

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to get standalone or portable mode to work right. I have the exe and settings dat saved in the same folder on my usb thumb drive. I can download and start a torrent fine, but it is trying to save on the computers download folder. If I select to save to the thumb drive it works fine unless I move to another computer where the thumb drive doesn't have the same drive letter. I was under the impression this is what "portable mode" is supposed to eliminate. Is there something I'm missing or did wrong?

Thanks for any advice :D

hi guys I have a problem here:

I try to edit number of torrent in the # column the same way used to edit name in the name column because i have hundreds of torrents and it's very hard to keep clicking up or down arrow buttons to adjust the # number of torrent and also no drag property for that either .

so please help me if there is any way or Could the programmers add an easy way for that , please ? respond to me Administrator , please..

thank you

Hey,

I'm running this version on my new server. There's not a lot of software running in the background (just WD button manager for my external disks and RealVNC), I didn't even install any anti-virus software yet. It contains a Phenom 2,2 GHz quad core (x9500), 4x 1GB RAM, 3Gbit/s SATA, the torrent folders are on an internal hard drive. My torrent list got 2 running downloads, one stopped downloaded, 2 running uploads and 4 completed downloads waiting for an upload slot. Not a big list. However, sometimes uTorrent can get slow like molasses. Considering I have this pretty powerful machine mainly for uTorrent and file sharing for my LAN (not very intensively at the moment), I can't come up with any reason why something would be limiting the application.

I checked: I got the latest stable release (it can't find any updates when checking). I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

On my laptop (Phenom II mobile, Windows 7 Pro x64, 4GB RAM), the same version of uTorrent (3.0 build 25806) doesn't have any issues at all.

I saw some people reporting issues with disk reading/writing going bogus. So far I don't see that occurring in my system (but right now it's not showing the slow response issues).

Thanks in advance! :)

Goddamnit, when are you fixing the extreme slowness caused by the "Checking" action?

My computer turns unusable when this is running. I remember a while ago this didn't happen. A torrent "check" would occur and I'd barely notice.

You keep adding new features to the paid version but forget to fix the bugs left behind.

Before you ask, I keep a well maintained computer without shit running in background and HDs defraged daily. Win7 Ultimate edit:x64, uT 3.0.1 build 26436

That's odd, inside the program it said no updates were available.

I've updated now manually. By the end of the day I'll have another look. :)

Thanks for the heads-up!

/edit: nope, the problem persists.

/edit2: uTorrent is now starting to clog up my internet connection. My router is indicating my server has set up over 900 connections, when uTorrent is limited to 200. When I set it back to 150, the amount of connections in my router drops back to 450 and then climbs back up to almost 800. Weird!

In the past I've always had the number of connections set to 300 and that always worked fine for me (got a small DSL line, I'm in Canada ;-). I never really checked in my router what that gave for the total of connections there.

Perhaps it's related to this mystery: on my new server I can't get proper up- and download speeds. It used to get max. 500 down, 75 up (usually limited to 60 during day hours). I got pretty healthy torrents, also I can see other leachers get several hundreds of kbytes of even over a MB downspeed. However, I usually can't get over 30 kBps. Same for upstream. My laptop doesn't have this issue, so it's really in the server.

That's odd, inside the program it said no updates were available.

I've updated now manually. By the end of the day I'll have another look. :)

Thanks for the heads-up!

/edit: nope, the problem persists.

/edit2: uTorrent is now starting to clog up my internet connection. My router is indicating my server has set up over 900 connections, when uTorrent is limited to 200. When I set it back to 150, the amount of connections in my router drops back to 450 and then climbs back up to almost 800. Weird!

In the past I've always had the number of connections set to 300 and that always worked fine for me (got a small DSL line, I'm in Canada ;-). I never really checked in my router what that gave for the total of connections there.

Perhaps it's related to this mystery: on my new server I can't get proper up- and download speeds. It used to get max. 500 down, 75 up (usually limited to 60 during day hours). I got pretty healthy torrents, also I can see other leachers get several hundreds of kbytes of even over a MB downspeed. However, I usually can't get over 30 kBps. Same for upstream. My laptop doesn't have this issue, so it's really in the server.

Your router's keeping track of connections after uT closes them. Not really our fault and nothing we can track in any way. Adjust your router's timeout setting for TCP and UDP.

Your router's keeping track of connections after uT closes them. Not really our fault and nothing we can track in any way. Adjust your router's timeout setting for TCP and UDP.
They're already pretty short (from what I read): 200s for TCP, 120s for UDP.

In the end the internet clogging up turned out to be a coincidental FireFox hickup on my laptop (first time I had this, so was very unfortunate to be in the same time frame as uTorrent starting to show issues on the server).

Thanks for the response though... But nothing on the original issue of the application getting slow?

Firon, about my issue, I found out what's going on.

I opened Task Manager and forced a recheck, and this is what happened:

CPU usage of utorrent.exe kept steady at 0~4%, so did the memory usage, at 13MB.

However as the check was progressing, the "Physical Memory" field on Task Manager's window kept increasing until it reached 93% (I have 6GB of DDR3@1666Mhz), and then Windows got extremely slow. When I stopped the check, the slowness was gone and Physical Memory went to 15%.

So there must be a memory leak somewhere in the check process. Strange thing the memory used by utorrent.exe didn't increase. (Memory: Private Working Set).

Archived