Jump to content

µTorrent 3.4 RC


AdamK

Recommended Posts

This also applies to v3.2.3

My uTorrent settings

bt.no_connect_to_services = true

bt.no_connect_to_services_list = 25,80,110,443,6666,6667,6668,6669,587

McAfee Access Protection Log is filed with entries like...

21/12/2012 9:49:16 μμ Blocked by port blocking rule C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent IRC communication x.x.x.x:6666

Why would McAfee Antivirus complain about such connections since these should be blocked from uTorrent, or does the McAfee filter kick in before uTorrent manages to block these connections ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would McAfee Antivirus complain about such connections since these should be blocked from uTorrent, or does the McAfee filter kick in before uTorrent manages to block these connections ?

It means uTorrent is trying to connect/respond to someone using those ports :( Best confirm it with WireShark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems to be working fine (though I DID have to check XP Compat to stop it crashing!!!)

However, this stupid "replication" bug HAS to be fixed ASAP!

Otherwise, aside from some *minor* issues (and the fact that a lot of private trackers still ban it), it seems to be ok - and speeds are good with it, both up & down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

when I force re-check it checks the files but adds them to my download folder even when I have 0% downloaded

Well, I can't say it did that for me - it appeared to check files just fine (I had to re-add a few as the torrents were not in the same place as previously).

Oh! Speaking of that! It would be a NICE feature to be able to SPECIFY the location of a torrent file, when it gives the error that it cannot be found - right now, all you can do is remove it and re-add it. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well this is interesting, after running 3.4 for a few days (since my first post), everything seems to have ground to a halt - even when I have multiple seeders. Additionally, it no longer "gracefully" shuts down".

Rather a PITA. Sad. Looks like it's back to 2.2.1 until this stuff gets fixed. "LOOKS" like you might be on the right track though. <fingers crossed>

=========================

Well, I switch back to 2.2.1 and (after everything finishes re-checking <sigh>), all the connections are fine and I'm getting full speed on everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please fix:

RegKey: Could not delete value 2: uTorrent

That happens when the user unchecks (disables) "Preferences" > "General" > "Windows Integration" > "Start uTorrent when Windows Starts".

It's because you assume the key is there when it's not.

A simple regquery (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742028(v=ws.10).aspx) would tell you it does not exist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...