µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

Yeah, triggering of disk flushing works now ! But, resuming upload when scheduler had got into pause does not operate ; similar fixing should be done for outing from cache to web, or some other triggering, [F] Upload files are cut off for seeding as soon as scheduler get into pause ... Keep on rocking dudes !!!

Edit : after awhile, manual pausing get into pieces not flushed to disk ; very weird !

P.S : resizing cache a higher value unleash the mechanism, how fool...

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 3.4 alpha installed. Uninstalled it, downloaded this, and when I run this it starts 3.4 alpha again.

I used task manager to find the location of the executable it's running and it's in the appdata folder. So I deleted that and ran the downloaded 3.3.1 again and the 3.4 alpha starts up again and reappears in appdata.

What do?

edit: there's nothing in my usual install location other than temps of old builds. When I was running 3.4 alpha, every time I started it, it would show me the install setup. Now every time I have tried to run 3.3.1 beta it just goes straight to 3.4 alpha, no install screens.

Hi everyone ! i know this is off topic but i really need some help. By the way, I'm new in here so plz forgive me if i said something stupid :D ! so i have a question that i want to ask you guys. I'm seeding right now with lot of files, and i want to delete some of those because the whole seeding thing just make my computer really slow down ( i won't delete it all XD ), anyway, just a quick question: if i delete or remove some of files, will the amount of data files already uploaded is gone too ? or it will still stay in the internet or someone else files ? please answer back. i create this account just for this. thank you so much for those who answer it ! bye :)

Can someone else test this.

If you right click and delete torrent + date' date=' only the torrent is deleted and not the data. NOt sure if this occurred in 3.4[/quote']

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=710404#p710404

Hmm it deletes the Torrent file though, it's not deleting the Data along with it. Do I need to change teh default delete action from 0 to 3?

On a related note..

Remove and Delete .torrent used to remove the .torrent file from %UserData%\uTorrent

That's the same as default del action 1. This has been broken for awhile. :/

It appears to be because uTorrent isn't always releasing the file lock in a timely manner before it tries to delete it.

Ah, finally got it working by copying the 3.3.1 beta into %appdata%\Roaming\uTorrent\updates, naming it 6807110.exe, and editing updates.dat to point at 6807110.exe instead of 6807109.exe

edit: looks like it marked the updates.dat I edited as bad and replaced it without the entry for 6807109.exe

Ah, finally got it working by copying the 3.3.1 beta into %appdata%\Roaming\uTorrent\updates, naming it 6807110.exe, and editing updates.dat to point at 6807110.exe instead of 6807109.exe

edit: looks like it marked the updates.dat I edited as bad and replaced it without the entry for 6807109.exe

As easy as that?.. you don't say... :P Too bad no-one has told us how to work this new update/restore/backup feature...

Archived