• Announcements

• Bommuraj Paramaraj

Important Security Advisory   06/07/2016

On June 6th, 2016, BitTorrent was made aware of a security issue involving the vendor which powers our forums.
      The vulnerability appears to have been through one of the vendor’s other clients, however it allowed attackers to access some information on other accounts. As a result, attackers were able to download a list of our forum users. We are investigating further to learn if any other information was accessed.Our vendor has made backend changes so that the hashes in the file do not appear to be a usable attack vector. As a precaution, we are advising our users to change their passwords. While the passwords may not be used as a vector on the forums, those hashed passwords should be considered compromised. Anyone using the same password for forums as well as other places is strongly advised to update their passwords and/or practice good personal security practices.
AdamK

3.4.x Beta

2,283 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, rafi said:

" When their numbers drop " -> I believe they have already dropped...

Part of the difficulty is that number of the *devs* dropped...

3.4.9.43057 now available: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:781D30AB7B78A94009739F07E99B6A589FF78289

-- 2016-12-02: Version 3.4.9 Beta (build 43057)

- Add missing Preferences->Directories checkbox to allow move target based on label.

- Fix a bug that prevented the torrent file move directory from being set independently of the torrent contents move directory.

- Fix security issue with the client pairing mechanism. Thank you to Zero Day Initiative for reporting the issue.

- Fix bug that allowed primary labels with invalid characters to be used with torrent move feature

Magnet link above now updated for smaller installer = 2.06 MB (2,165,440 bytes)

or

http://llsw.download3.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent.43057.installer.exe

Edited by mike20021969

So, you saving Internet Hosting space now?... ;)

Finally, we've got the move-to-label back  ...

Edited by rafi
1 person likes this

So I'm still getting this 100.1% bug. 

This generally occurs for me when I start a torrent (using utorrent easy client) using right click all in uTorrent and thus all files start downloading, I then enter the uTorrent remote UI stop the torrent, select all but one file to not download and then start it again.

The torrent finishes at 100.1% but isn't completed. The actual file set to normal is only a few percent complete. Many of the files that are set as skip are still downloading.

I highlighted all files and set to normal then set to do not download (but one) and yet they all still download.. Looks like I'll have to re-add the torrent and do this again.

Edited by Ryrynz

You are not alone with this. Skipping files in multi-files torrents after downloading some - seems to be managed poorly for a long time now (using partfile). Seeding state is not being activated :(  Restarting the client - seems to resolves this...

The case is skip & download, stop + delete+skip + un-skip + recheck, continue download...

69f1cb519137452.jpg

Edited by rafi

3.4.9.42332 now available: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A0774E7F38C37528D8BBC0858EC1F80228EBF6E8

-- 2017-01-12: Version 3.4.9 Beta (build 43223)

- Fix a bug where users renewing pro key were not seeing renewal until grace period ended

- Display appropriate error messages for pro activation errors

- Fix pro player shown on top of the onboarding

- Update broken second-step for Pro onboarding

- Fix a bug where sometimes the pro player controls were floating upon client minimize

Download: Magnet link above (updated), or try Russian Roulette on Beta links in signature.

Edited by mike20021969
Updated Magnet Link With Smaller Installer

Would it not be much better to update the first page with the latest update? I thought this thread was abandoned before i realized its being updated in the end.

Thanks for the updated :)

19 minutes ago, rico666 said:

Would it not be much better to update the first page with the latest update?

Thread starter AdamK might have done a runner. He's not been seen since March 2015.

Anyway, it's easier to see when a thread has been updated with latest replies if you use (bookmark) this link:

https://forum.utorrent.com/discover/unread/?&view=condensed

You can then also marvel at the amount of SPAM that's allowed to flood the forum on a daily basis, too (which could be stopped immediately by moderating every newbies 1st post).

Edited by mike20021969

On 2017-01-17 at 9:50 AM, mike20021969 said:

Thread starter AdamK might have done a runner. He's not been seen since March 2015.

Anyway, it's easier to see when a thread has been updated with latest replies if you use (bookmark) this link:

https://forum.utorrent.com/discover/unread/?&view=condensed

You can then also marvel at the amount of SPAM that's allowed to flood the forum on a daily basis, too (which could be stopped immediately by moderating every newbies 1st post).

Thanks! And yes spam is always an issue, without proper routines a forum can be hit hard.

Anyone else getting the odd error writing to disk? The only thing that seems to fix it is restarting the client.

On 2017-01-25 at 7:34 AM, Ryrynz said:

Anyone else getting the odd error writing to disk? The only thing that seems to fix it is restarting the client.

Yes, odd crashes when a download is finished and it and its torrent are moved to another location (set up in settings/directories)

After restart uTorrent  cant find the seeding torrent or data (as it probably crashed before updating the new location)

( beta 43223 )

Edited by Gnospen

5 hours ago, Gnospen said:

Yes, odd crashes when a download is finished and it and its torrent are moved to another location (set up in settings/directories)

After restart uTorrent  cant find the seeding torrent or data (as it probably crashed before updating the new location)

( beta 43223 )

Why not use the newer stable?..

31 minutes ago, rafi said:

Why not use the newer stable?..

It might help, but the changelogs for 3.4.9.43223 (beta)/3.4.9.43295 (stable) are identical.

No new updates (Beta) for almost a month?

4 minutes ago, vze2mp9g said:

No new updates (Beta) for almost a month?

43440.png.bf8b7e72fa583b5ff909164d4a82c833.png

Time Date Stamp: -> 26/02/2017

7 hours ago, YuriPet said:

43440.png.bf8b7e72fa583b5ff909164d4a82c833.png

Time Date Stamp: -> 26/02/2017

Any chance you could share it? Thanks.

You, Mike? with all those links in your sig?... ;P

2 minutes ago, rafi said:

You, Mike? with all those links in your sig?... ;P

It's not available on any link currently... and I've been trying.

(It must be on auto-update and that doesn't appear to work for many).

I guess it has been removed, for further testing..

So does 3.5 have anything significant in it or is it just another .01 release?
I'm betting on the latter 'cos Bittorrent CBF.

3.5.0.43440 beta: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:720B76960A823B9208ED442BC5A7AAE0F370CABC

3.5.0.43440_zpsrljvvwrd.jpg

Edited by mike20021969
1 person likes this