3.4.x Beta

AdamK

10 minutes ago, mike20021969 said:

All builds are posted via beta links too.

Not so, only ones marked as "Beta" in their release notes page. alphas are said to be only "install-able" only using the  "update" function

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rafi said:

Not so, only ones marked as "Beta" in their release notes page. alphas are said to be only "install-able" only using the  "update" function

I was referring to the links I posted. .../beta/...

Although even the builds on the releases notes page listed as Alpha (e.g. 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41911)) after install have Beta on the interface.

On 3/6/2016 at 10:30 AM, rafi said:

"-- 2016-03-03: Version 3.4.6 Alpha (build 41903)"

You haven't tried the link "here", over at  Latest >v3.4.2 Beta and Release Notes 

When ever I go to those "Beta" links, I keep getting 3.4.6.41768 version. When ever anyone posts the ALPA versions, I get the correct ALPA version.

22 hours ago, bugmenot2 said:

It could be MS, but I've never noticed it before. It's Windows 10 Pro.

The trackers don't show in the torrent properties page either.

Screenshot of the trackers' tab and property dialog?

Get the latest Beta here.

-- 2016-03-21: Version 3.4.6 Beta (build 42020)

- User can report bad ads

- Security fix (do not force load netprofm.dll at client startup)

- Fix rare crash in checkforupdate thread

- Better string management: fix memory leaks, small performance gain, and reduce crash rate

------ and ... that blank trackers list in properties is fixed too...

On 3/6/2016 at 9:54 AM, mike20021969 said:

The link for 3.4.6.41903 isn't in the signature though.

It's directly under the part that says "3.4.6.41903 now available:" (in the post I made last Friday at 6.29 AM).

Okay, Thank you. Things are back to "normal", if there is ever such a "normal"! :)

Capture.JPG

Just tried the latest Beta build (42040) and I find the scheduler isn't working.

I set it up, applied it, clicked ok, and it didn't seem to be working. :huh:

Thinking it might be one of those things that don't kick in unless you restart it, that's what I did.

Closed it down and made sure it wasn't lurking in the task bar.

Restarted it and looked at the scheduler - nothing was set. It was all green again. :angry:

Info: MSI Gaming7 mobo, Intel i7 4790K CPU @4.4GHz.

6x2TB SATA II HD's, 16GB Fury Ram @1866, Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit.

HD used for torrents has 867GB free, recently degfragged (yesterday).

I've noticed in the recent builds that a torrent name that contains the ampersand does not display correctly.  For example, "[jazz, R&B & Soul]" displays as "[jazz,RB  Soul]" with the 1st ampersand gone and following B underlined, and the second ampersand gone with the following space underlined.  This occurs in the name column of main panel.  Another string class boo boo...

I think the ampersand bug in the torrent name is really old (years), e.g.

Philip K. Dick & Roger Zelazny - Deus Irae

Philip K. Dick _Roger Zelazny - Deus Irae

PS: Maybe it is a feature but I don't like it and I can't find how to disable it!  :(

• 2 weeks later...

yes, it's possible the & bug has been around, R&B is a recent "like" for me, so maybe I just started to notice it.

===========

on another note, I have noticed for the first time with the recent builds that I get a "Access is denied, read from disk" error occasionally when the torrent in question is a flac and the folder is loaded into WMP 12 and playing.  Then, when I do a Force Recheck to try and gets thing going again it fails that with a "Handle is invalid"; the torrent can not be seeded from that point on until you restart uT, when it rechecks and it's fine.  But if the folder is still loaded and playing it will poop out again in a few minutes (presumably when a peer starts asking for pieces).  Seems to be flac's, not mp3's; WMP12 uses a direct-play filter to play flacs and I have Xiph.org Open Codecs installed for that.

on a similar note, for a long while now uT has been leaving *.!ut files behind after a torrent finishes, but only if that torrent had been resumed across a uT exit/restart; a tor thay downloads completely in a single session always deletes all !ut's sucessfully.  It seems some file handles are not being closed (child processes?) and deletion of the !ut failed.  Anyway, seems like files are being opened with RW premission when only R is needed.

re: permissions issue above, I said: "Seems to be flac's, not mp3's "   No, it just happened with an mp3 too.  Peer tried to DL a piece while WMP12 was playing the file and it crapped out with "Access Denied".  This is on W764, full admin rights, vers 42178.  Could be due to WMP's bad habit of "updating" a file's ID3V2 tag if that file is not Read-Only, but I havn't seen this error before w/ uT.

Archived