3.4.x stable

cmeisel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The initial seeding option seems broken. I uploaded a torrent and set it to initial seeding. I had one leecher and it barely uploaded anything to them over 12 hours. My upload is set to 90 KB/s and it only uploaded about 90MB over that 12 hours, averaging 2 KB/s. I disabled initial seeding and it instantly started uploading at full tilt, all the way until they had the torrent.

Initial seeding has always been broken. It was poorly implemented.

Thanks for the tip! I wondered why my new torrents were always so slow to get going over the years. I usually activated initial seeding to try to speed them up, which was apparently the wrong thing to do. Typically they got going OK anyway after 24 hours, then I disabled initial seeding.

I started one yesterday which has been very slow but after just reading your comment, have disabled initial seeding. The upload speed to the single downloader (at the moment) seems to be slowly increasing, but highly variable.

That's the other  persistent problem I have when seeding my torrents, high variability of speed. One minute it may be near zero, the next minute over 100 kb/sec. Only occasionally will an uploader achieve a fairly steady upload rate, or pull down my maximum 500+ kb/s upload capability. Is that also a bug, or normal?

Roll back to 36044 for a true "sticky" solution.

No need :) It's working when utorrent it's running but if you close and restart utorrent the "gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes" return to true and the Pro proposal reappears

Exactly. It's not "sticky" for me, I set gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes to false after opening uTorrent and before taking the screenshot.

Exactly......

At this time there exist another proposal to Pro... upside of Preferences....

I upgrade utorrent from build 35141 to build 38429 stable, but the 38429 build seems to be buggy.  So I have to downgrade the client.

There are two big problems with build 38429.

1st,  GUI seems to be slow.

2nd, with the help of Kaspersky Internet Security, I find there are always more than 500+ connections, which even makes it difficult to browse the web page.  However, when I downgrade to build 38429, there are less than 20 connections. 

So I suggest it be the cause of the inefficient response of GUI ( net.low_cpu = false )

(Note: There are 90+ feeds and 10000+ torrents in my utorrent client. )

Yay, there's finally a changelog for 38429:

2015-1-30: Version 3.4.2 (build 38429) Stable

• Fix long shutdown times when parsing certain media types
  • Fix some missing device pane icons
  • Fix gap in download list name column
  • Tweak default column widths
  • Minor DHT improvements
  • Pro player upgrades
  • DPI display issue fix
  • Feature control improvements for better in-client communication

Hello,

I've just been experiencing several crashes today with the build 38429 (and just before with its previous version, what made me update to 38429, I also tried the beta too...).
I won't be lying about the fact that I've disabled ads and even after multiple uninstalls & installs (with reboot) a lot of .dmp were generated.

Anyway my message is simple : I just hope that those numerous .dmp were truly the fact that the ads were blocked.

I'm now using it without disabling them and hope it will last. If programers are reading this : congrats if you wanted that, it really works ;)

If this wasn't meant, well, then, I will certainly annoy you a little with sending .dmp to be analyzed (in the dedicated section), because I don't remember such a mess with a crashing software like this since years... :ph34r:

I'll keep you update anyway.

Damn, letting the ads didn't help me to avoid another crash just now... I guess I must create a thread for my dump ?

Thank you rafi I'll try your settings as soon as those crashes are resolved. For the moment I just can't run the software... and I'm fed up with uninstalling it.

3.4.2.38656  is out.  Pretty solid, time to work on the UI bugs!  [all comments are re: an XP installation]

-- since 38397 the main window select line is broken; the name col does not select along with the others.  ALSO, the 

pale blue selection color is a poor choice, please go back to normal darker blue (in the details pane too).  The name col

also cycles thru white/gray for the selected lines (alternate colors pref IS set). Distracting!!!

-- in the details pane:

--  the tab highlighting upon startup is always files, when another tab contents are displayed; at other times the highlighted tab and  the contents displayed are out of sync.

--  the info tab detail will not display anything unless there is a torrent loaded. At other times it goes blank until a main pane line is selected, then it update/fill in.

--  in logger tab, dump DHT menu choiced are still non-functional.

--  the tracker details does not handle multiple selections right, and after a delete of trackers the selections are wrong (no update)

--  generally speaking, the details pane does not update/autoupdate properly in response to other UI activity

-- when a magnet link is opened, the dialog box stays in the forground / always-on-top until ok or cancel (it's modal).  Be better if it was a normal child.

-- in recent releases the icon in the lower right stays yellow, saying "no incomming connections", when there are incomming peers.

=============

In short it needs a bit of polish!  Thanks.

Archived