3.5.x Beta

TylerW

On 6/10/2023 at 12:27 AM, rafi said:

My tweaks are tested with 3.5.x . BTW, you have an LAA flagged exe in my sig...

Most people are not aware of the importance of the LAA flag UNTIL Utorrent starts locking up when they have a massive number of torrents like I do.  I have two laptops, one running 3.5.5 46606 with the LAA flag (which I think was the last build of 3.5.5) which works fine.  The other laptop has the latest 3.6 without the LAA flag.. and it is a royal pain in my ASS!   It is stuck on "Not Responding" most of the time just because after all this time, the yoyos who churn out Utorrent have STILL not realized how important that LAA flag is.  

Any possibility to update uTorrent exe with all strings made translatable. I see that there are some strings that are not translatable (seeing uTorrent.exe.log file, there is some strings not present in the language file and not present in uTorrent.exe.log > "List of strings not found in the language file").

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 9:29 AM, javacatpaul said:

FWIW, the std beta link returned 46840 today; this one has FIVE companion dll's you must install w/ the utorrent.exe file.

http://download-new.utorrent.com/endpoint/utorrent/os/windows/track/beta

I wonder WHAT is in those DLLs that Utorrent is using?  Some better versions of subroutines?  The idea of DLLs is to reduce file sizes by using a generic database of perfected routines.  For instance, many programs require a method of sorting information.  It would be silly for every program in existence to code and compile it's own sorting routine.  Instead, the code accesses a DLL that is already part of the operating system.  A program should not have it's OWN dll files unless there are several executables that make up the program that access the same subroutines.  

>> Could you share the dll files names please?

open the installer's  .exe using 7zip, you'll see the dlls when you go into $PLUGINS folder, along with the utorrent.exe:

bt_channel.dll

system.dll

nsdialogs.dll

INetC.dll

nsisFirewall.dll

As Joshace said, it could be an attempt at optimizing lib code for their specific uses, to maybe "fix" the "issues" we all seems to notice re: bad scalability,  or perhaps it's a "new feature" we all need to have.

I have not tried to run it.

Edited by javacatpaul

On 7/17/2023 at 2:11 PM, javacatpaul said:

BTW, those 5 dlls  HAVE BEEN  a part of the 3.6.0 distributuon for a while now, I pointed it out so manual installers would take note, not as a complaint.  I'm all for resolving the scalability issues, as are we all...

If I'm not wrong that are not the dll used for uTorrent but for nsis installer (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System). Maybe only bt_datachannel.dll is used by uTorrent

• Like 1

3.6 build 46828

Downloading on my laptop. Battery ran low enough to shut down the laptop. On restart, all torrents are gone from uTorrent. Nothing Active, Inactive - nothing at all.

No idea if the torrents completed or not.

Checked settings - not set to delete torrents on completion.

I'll update to 46840 and see if it happens again.

Edited by gjm

I don't think this is specific to a particular build, but is an issue I have seen a few times recently.

Downloading a set of files just over 1Gb in total size. Download speed isn't amazing (my connection is about 4Mb/s) but sustains at between 300KB/s and 1MB/s. Download approaches completion - 99.8%+ - and sometimes flicks between 99.8% and 99.9% a few times, but eventually turning the status bar green, saying 'Flushing to disk (128)'. But then the status bar turns blue, and progress drops back to 99.8%. It'll then appear to complete again, displays the same message, and repeat. It never finishes.

I've tried stopping, re-checking, starting, and even force starting the torrent - no difference. I have stopped and restarted the uTorrent application; I have rebooted the PC. There is plenty of disk space, memory use is fine, there is no interruption to the connection.

Any thoughts as to what might cause this?

Currently running 46840.

Edited by gjm

33 minutes ago, raddyst said:

Check antivirus log.

No current threats.
Last scan: 8/08/2023 10:39am [just under an hour ago]
0 threats found

Going through the log in more detail, there is no mention of any virus discovery, activity or action.

4 hours ago, raddyst said:

In Advanced options, bt.read_only_on_complete - if true, set to false.

Was set to 'true' - changed to 'false'.

Sadly, no change.

99.8%... 99.9%... Flushing to disk... 99.8%... etc

Edited by gjm

• 2 weeks later...