Winamp and utorrent

gilmoregirls

Why cant I listen to winamp when I download with utorrent. The sound is extremely choppy, and it's strange since utorrent takes so little processor power and memory. Is it all the disc writes/reads? I don't even use the same disc for utorrent and my musicfiles. Or does utorrent use the same disk windows is on even if I don't save my files there? Can I change that?

I wonder if my computer is f** up rigth now, 99% processor even when I close utorrent....

I wonder if my computer is f** up rigth now, 99% processor even when I close utorrent....

ur computer is f***ed up..

the problem is not utorrent.. check which process takes so much power. even if u set something to realtime that won't help since the cpu is completely reserved from that process taking so much cpu power

Miffo that's the priority (Low, BelowNormal, Normal, Above Normal, High, Realtime) !

I'm with Firon here...check if your harddrives are accessed in PIO mode and if so, set them back to DMA. Leave Winamps Process Priority alone, rather use a bigger buffer

If nothing else helps in your case, abandon winamp and get apollo

What's the big deal for fancy skins anyways...most of the time Winamp runs minimized since you're doing s/th else on your system

-DG

Archived