µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Just want to say you guys are doing a great job with utorrent and I have enjoyed all the new added features. However recently I seem to be facing a problem. I am getting blank popups whenever I try to remove the torrents which are finished downloading. This then makes the utorrent program non responsive resulting in me having to go to the task manager and ending the process for the program from there. This seems to be happening for 3 different versions of utorrent that I have installed in hope to resolve the problem. Please help

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder - who many people in the world do indeed use uTorrent on their phones at all ? Any stats on that ?

No one uses uTorrent on their phone, and no one uses the uTorrent webUI or ever has. uTorrent reached 100% as a torrent client -- just like Azureus did -- and now it is becoming slowly more and more bloated into a piece of shit -- just like Azureus. If things keep heading this direction uTorrent will be replaced in 1-2 years with another barebones torrent client and history will again repeat itself.

Just keeping it real.

I wonder - who many people in the world do indeed use uTorrent on their phones at all ? Any stats on that ?

No one uses uTorrent on their phone' date=' and no one uses the uTorrent webUI or ever has. uTorrent reached 100% as a torrent client -- just like Azureus did -- and now it is becoming slowly more and more bloated into a piece of shit -- just like Azureus. If things keep heading this direction uTorrent will be replaced in 1-2 years with another barebones torrent client and history will again repeat itself.

[b']Just keeping it real.

Very direct response and to the point, however i have to say i can agree with the comments as far as uTorrent morphing into something more that what we have all loved to use and why it has made it number 1. It certainly is becoming bloated in it's recent builds, however in fairness it is still quick and the option of installing add-on's or not is a very valid way to keep it lean.

Just my 50 cents worth :D

I find the web login absolutely brilliant for streaming. How ever I do not like the limited player it has. It only supports small window or zoomed in which isn't centered either. What about full screen? Also when zoomed in I dont see any controls anymore. It should also let you specify maybe VLC.exe to be run instead of vlc Mozilla plugin if its so limited.

I have also some problems with login. Most of the time it tells me username doesn't exist and I have to fully close and open the browser, google chrome in my example. If any developer needs access to my web interface, pm me.

No one uses uTorrent on their phone' date=' and no one uses the uTorrent webUI or ever has. uTorrent reached 100% as a torrent client -- just like Azureus did -- and now it is becoming slowly more and more bloated into a piece of shit -- just like Azureus. If things keep heading this direction uTorrent will be replaced in 1-2 years with another barebones torrent client and history will again repeat itself.

[b']Just keeping it real.

This also.

I don't agree with the way it's worded or the comments about the webUI etc, but I do believe he is correct.

Big fan of you guys and your work, but I am not loving the new uTorrent. That having been said, I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt as your work has always been good in the past. I just hope uTorrent continues to be the client for me >.<

The Bandwidth Allocation context sub-menu don't works properly:

Selecting Low it switch to Normal

Selecting Normal it switch to High

Selecting High it switch to ??? (in Bw.Alloc you can see: About: %sPublisher: %SRelease Date....)

bye

I'm seeing this same issue as well. Additionally' date=' RSS downloads are also starting off in "High" priority for me.[/quote']

Still present in 23909

bye

µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" alpha build 23909 and µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" alpha build 23983

[2010-12-30 20:39:17] WSAEnumNetworkEvents error (10038)

[2010-12-30 20:39:29] WSAEnumNetworkEvents error (10038)

[2010-12-30 20:39:30] WSAEnumNetworkEvents error (10038)

It never happened before.

Archived