Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.8.5 released

Recommended Posts

I'm not seeing "released" on the thread, but I'm not seeing RC anymore either.. AH, just checked the front page! 1.8.5 is final with build 17091. Congrats guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to be specific. I don't think you've even tried the new version or have real problems; you just like to bitch.

And it works just fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wrong, I checked right panel for available languages and couldn't find Azerbaijani language on the list. Thought you've not included Azerbaijani language yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Language downloader at the beginning of the install doesn't download language pack, just hangs. It happens since build 17091. Maybe it works for somebody, not for me - only way for me is to download langpack separately. I tried Czech translation first, than slovak and so on and it still just hangs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has the same problem that I've mentioned before, with the up and downs in the upload speed, like 1.8.3 and 1.8.4.

1.8.2 still the best one I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all...Question is - why any release,save for 1.6.1 - devouring all of my RAM,when I'm seeding anything

with the speed higher than 1-2 MB? That is well traced on all 64 bit systems - Vista or Seven doesnt matter...

On 32 bit there is no such problem.

Forgot to mention - it's 4 GB of RAM,so slogan - Resource-Friendly - dies in agony.

And yet to mention - I'm not the only one with that trick..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Windows itself eating all your memory for its own system cache, mainly because it thinks your disks aren't fast enough to keep up. You can bypass it with some options in uTorrent, Preferences -> Disk Cache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone having problems with using https on private trackers with the latest build? i cant do rss or update to tracker it just times out. but works fine in previous 1.8.5 builds.. and 1.8.4 and the latest 2.0 build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's Windows itself eating all your memory for its own system cache, mainly because it thinks your disks aren't fast enough to keep up. You can bypass it with some options in uTorrent, Preferences -> Disk Cache.

Well,Jee Wiz,how unexpected - that cache trick I knew,but as I mentioned -64 bits system,on 32 there is no such thing..Meaning - my hard drive is fast enough under 32 but suddenly becomes slow under 64? My Windows index for hard drive is 5.9...why don't you test yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anyone having problems with using https on private trackers with the latest build? i cant do rss or update to tracker it just times out. but works fine in previous 1.8.5 builds.. and 1.8.4 and the latest 2.0 build..

Yes, I am also having this problem. I have to make the "https" to a "http" in the tracker url. Luckily the private tracker I am using is still supporting this.

Actually I started using µTorrent again because I read in the change log that this issue was fixed.

- Fix: Accounting of halfopen https connections would cause uT to stop making new connections

- More strict https connection state management for halfopen accounting.

But apparently there are still some issues to be dealt with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.