Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.8.5 released

Recommended Posts

Unexpected crash, after uT restarted Ubuntu finished downloading. Come to think of it, I got a crash on another computer sometime in July, it too experienced a crash just before Ubuntu finished downloading... here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=416776#p416776 That was an XP computer using 1.8.3!

This is on the Vista computer I normally use with 1.8.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?mdi2mdoqi4d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do you have a ton of torrents?

I have >2000 seeding torrents and I get timeouts on all my rss feeds which use https..

I turned on error and verbose logging for rss and just see

[2009-11-14 00:15:35] RSS: Unable to download "[2009-11-15 02:09:48] RSS: Unable to download "Shortname|https://user:pass@the______.org/rssddl.xml?search=codec:mp3": The operation timed out

:/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have >2000 seeding torrents and I get timeouts on all my rss feeds which use https..

Not one but more than two tons.

And you are surprised that your network connection and system resources are busy... x_headbang.gif

Don't use "Force Start". Set network parameters by Speed Guide (Ctrl+G).

Queue of torrent jobs has big sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised the network is busy; I'm surprised that exclusively https requests are timing out since updating to 1.8.5 and doing it consistently (also for other people). Nothing is force started and I have pretty conservative settings (max 6 active torrents, 20 cons per torrent)

Not one but more than two tons.

=D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went from 1.8.2 to 1.8.5 and found fairly big speed issues.

Issue for 1.8.5:

The upload speed will go to zero every few 10 minutes or so for no reason, then after 30secs to 1.5 mins will recover to the full upload speed again.

I double checked by going back to 1.8.2 and the older uT version had no such problems. The upload speed is steady at the maximum speed I allow it.

My settings are such that I never allow uT to upload at or above my maximum uplaod speed set by my ISP. It is always set at max. of 39/60kB per sec. My TCP/IP is patched and this is for XP SP3 32 bits

Is this a known issue with 1.8.5? Does the uT team wish me to trouble shoot this with them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firon said:

New 2.0 out with really fixed HTTPS. tongue It appeared to work in some cases before because usually the response is delivered in one packet. But if it was more than one, it broke.

This fix will be backported to 1.8.5 too.

So the fix still has to come to 1.8.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am running utorrent client 1.8.4.16688 on a Windows 7 OS. The check update function does not update to 1.8.5. Direct download and update does not work. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works but not yet. 1.8.5 is not still released in automatic update (remaining bugs to fix like HTTPS, see previous posts). Do a manual update if you want to migrate to 1.8.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come v1.8.4 is still saying "no updates available" when v1.8.5 was released 4 weeks ago????

Released *AND* stable... but doesn't exist?

Just because it *STILL* has bugs in it... doesn't mean "*NO* updates are available".... but that's what millions of people are getting.

False info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tired.

2.1 crashes.

2.0 very unstable.

2.1 and 2.0 not allowed at private trackers,

1.8.5 has many bugs related to connections (I cannot connect to anyone after some time, 0 kB speed for awhile and then returns...) not solved for almost a month!!!!

OK, uTP is wonderful, a light in the dark, it's like God's blessing.... but only when it works....

so.. if not works well it's hell.

I give up.

No more try-outs, no more try-to-see-if-it-works, try this and try that...

Last 6 months was wasted. IN VAIN. and I repeat: IN VAIN.

1.9.15380a was promissing... but better not talk about, at this point.

BACK TO 1.6 (great sw!) and I have tools to be safe (against it's supposedly holes)

Besides, if I became unhappy with it, you're not the only one client... and sure (I'm blood-crying at this point) not the best one nowadays. WHY? WHY you let the game?

Cancel my login, cancel my account, whatever. I'm tired of you. As I was once with AZ. Identical. Typical.

Waiting and waiting for a never coming solution. And seeing new projects being started, one after another, without concrete results (no final version fully working, flawness).

It was good as it lasts.

Life goes on.

By-by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and I suspect that another part of your problems stem from your attitude. It's is s free piece of software . You should thank the devs for it (and bug them a bit for more... )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the connection problems in 1.8.5 are so bad that it's able to hit 50mbyte/s on a gigabit connection. A real internet connection, not LAN. Yes, definitely awful connection problems there.

It has absolutely nothing to do with your shitty ISP, its P2P throttling and horrifically poor international routing. Nope, nothing at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.